Archived Saturday's Finest: Season 1 Award Races

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Aug 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Saturday's Finest: Season 1 Award Races

SEASON ONE AWARD RACES

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Award Reason For Award Top Canidates
    [​IMG] Given to the best college lineman, the Rotary Lombardi Award is named for legendary Green Bay Packers coach Vince Lombardi.
    [*][​IMG]Britt Mitchell LT Season Stats: 6 Pancakes 3 Sacks Allowed
    [*][​IMG]Mark Buchanan LG Season Stats: 5 Pancakes 0 Sacks Allowed
    [*][​IMG]Xavier Nixon LT Season Stats: 4 Pancakes 1 Sacks Allowed
    [/LIST]
    [​IMG] The Maxwell Football Club decides who is voted as the nation's most outstanding player on offense.
    [*][​IMG]Christian Ponder-QB Season Stats: 63/91 1058yds 8TD 2INT
    [*][​IMG]Dan Herron HB Season Stats: 54att 384yds 8TD
    [*][​IMG]Michael Floyd WR Season Stats: 27rec 685yds 7TD
    [/LIST]
    [​IMG] Since 1936, the Football Writers of America have given the Outland Trophy to the nation's top interior lineman None
    [​IMG] The Walter Camp Award is given annually to the best player in college football. None
    [​IMG] The Dick Butkus Award is presented by the Downtown Athletic Club of Orlando and is given to the nation's best linebacker. None
    [​IMG] The Jim Thorpe Award is awarded to the top defensive back in college football. None
    [​IMG] The Doak Walker Award was started in 1989 to recognize the nation's premiere college football running back. None
    [​IMG] The Tallahassee Quarterback Club gives the Fred Biletnikoff Award to the best receiver in college football. None
    [​IMG] The Rimington Trophy is handed out to college football's top center. None
    [​IMG] The O’Brien Award is the oldest and most prestigious award in the country for college football quarterbacks. None
    [​IMG] The Bronko Nagurski Award is presented to the Outstanding defensive player by the FWAA/Charlotte Touchdown Club. None
    [​IMG] The Lou Groza Award is named for the Ohio State tackle and Cleveland Browns Hall of Fame kicker. None
    [​IMG] The best punter in the country is presented with the Ray Guy Award None
    [​IMG] Given to the user who gave 110% effort with their content None
    [​IMG] The Best Coach In The Country Will Be Given The Paul "Bear" Bryant Trophy None

**Under Construction. This Will Change. Just found a site with the right pictures, too bad its an Ohio State site, but this will be up and looking good tomorrow. Wanted to see what pictures looked right**

2. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

How Does That Look Chaos? I think the table makes everything nice and neat. What Logo Should I use?

3. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

looks great Jerzey!

4. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

nice job. Logo for what? hate to answer a question with a question, but everything looks good to me

5. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Looks great no Illini will be on there but looks great

6. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I really like this but don't know what you mean by the logo.

7. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

I like Gabeastmode coach of the year

8. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Looks cool Jerzey..would have looked even better if half the awards were split between two Buckeyes, but no chance of that now

9. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I was talking about the four logos up top... I wasn't going to use all of 'em, lol...

My idea for this would be user voted on, not the game. These awards will go for the top user controlled players. The CPU winners will still count for all the recruiting jazz but this will be our little section. At the end of the year, I'll post polls at the end of the season and we can vote on 'em. After voting is complete I'll update this thread with the winner and we'll Archive it. Sound good?

I'll be watching stats for any stat whores as well, so keep it realistic please.

10. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Another thing: If you feel as though your person is not getting love in the Chaos Daily Tribune (just got another idea:)) please feel free to make an argument with some stats. Also feel free to bash any non-deserving candidates.

11. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Still not finished because I thought of a different way to do this. This will not be updated until right before championship week (when the regular season is over). Once its over I'll plug in the top 3 for each trophy and then set up polls on the main page for you guys to vote on your favorite. We're going to need full league participation for this because telling the difference between a stat whore and a star may be difficult.

Form for what we'll need to nominate your player:

Player:
    Position:
    Trophy:
    Season Stats:
    Best Game of Season:

~Tiebreaker will be how that player performed in USER games with JV or myself choosing~

12. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

stat whore, *floyd* *cough* *cough* lol jk

13. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Dont have to worry about this no Illini deserves any award. Qb can throw. Rb slow as dirt and now cant break tackles wr cant catch but hey we can still win go defense

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Put their stats up anyway. Once you get up their people may vote for you. I think we should add extra sholarships for this so those winners can make pre season cuts. It'll be hard for someone to probably vote for an in conference school (because it'll help their rival out) and may lead to someone gettin' "jerked" in the end to add to the Chaos. Then your gonna have the "call 'em how you see 'em" guys who are gonna give it to the best player. The only thing I would add is if your nominated for an award you may not vote on it. SoCom didn't like it but with some of our recruiting classes some of may need it. We can also limit the extra recruits to maybe 3 stars and below

15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.