Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by controllerabuser, Jul 24, 2009.

1. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy

[​IMG]

Oklahoma State Game Summaries & Recruiting

Cowboy Recruiting

4* # 25 MLB Mac Davis 6'0 222 Wixom, MI
    4* #18 WR John Hancock 6'2 178 Kettering, OH
    4* #21 SS Jeff Hopkins 5'11 182 Broomfield, CO
    4* #7 CB Micah Kemp 6'2 172 Lewiston, ID
    4* #10 G Eric Thomas 6'4 318 Mansfield, TX
    4* #12 T Robert McCloud 6'5 287 Fort Collins, CO
    4* #4 OLB Tim Smith 6'3 226 Rio Grande City, TX
    4* #9 QB Brady Smiley 6'1 202 Sulphur Springs, TX
    3* #32 HB Chris Todd 6'1 198 Longview, TX
    3* #18 C Kyle Cannon 6'4 279 Edmonton, CN
    3* #32 DT Lawrence Joseph 6'0 297 Bartlesville, OK (JUCO)
    3* 30 MLB J.D. Boyd 6'2 248 Sherman, TX
    3* #13 P Lionel Herron 6'1 213 Perryton, TX
    3* #51 MLB Travis Wright 5'10 201 Lewisville, TX (JUCO)
    3* #72 CB Casey Norton 5'11 185 Greeley, CO
    3* #39 P?K? Scott Schmidt 6'3 180 Flushing, MI
    3* #26 ATH Vincent Leach 5'9 175 Pearland, TX
    3* #51 CB (JUCO) George Waters 6'0 179 San Ramon, CA
    3* #20 DE Joel Mayfield 6'6 225 The Village, OK

2. controllerabuser

Week 1

[​IMG]

Arizona 28 @ Oklahoma St. 49
    State is looking GREAT!!!!

Opening game for the Cowboys was a tale of two halves. 1st half we struggled but kept a small lead. The second half we controlled the clock, scored points and got good defensive stops. Dressed in all orange, the Cowboys came out and proved against a bcs opponent that they can play. The offense was productive on the ground and through the air. Dez Bryant had a brilliant game. Nobody on the Wildcat defense seemed to be able to cover him. Whether it was a slant or post he always got open. The Big 12 has some good Offensive teams yet again but State is looking GREAT!!!!

Zac Robinson 23-26 321 3TD 1 Rush TD
    Kendall Hunter 23-98 2TD
    Dez Bryant 9-134 2TD
    Wilson Youman 4-55
    Adrian Richards 4-63

3. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Good job taking care of business against the Pac-10 guys! Big 12 FTW!

4. controllerabuser

Week 2

[​IMG]

#9 Oklahoma State 32 @ Houston 27

The #9 team in the nation did not play that way today. Luckily, we did not face anyone better as we might have been knocked out of the top ten. Houston isn't horrible but they should not have been able to compete and keep it as close as they did. I ran a lot of man coverage and Case Keenum chewed it up. We had about 3-4 3rd downs where he threw a corner route and beat us badly. "What doesn't kill you make you stronger" said head coach controllerabuser.

We had some chances to put this game away but after two key defensive stops we got hungry and tried to force some big plays which ended up in 3 and outs. Only getting 16 carries to the running back was a bad idea as well as he torched the Cougar defense up the middle and outside the tackles. Dez Bryant was held in check a little but managed to get 77 yards on 8 catches. Zac Robinson had a decent outing but his wide outs dropped some nice throws.

"Play of the game"
    With the upset on the line Oklahoma State found themselves on defense up 26-20. Case Keenum was getting hot as robo QB was in full affect. Looking as though they would march down the field with ease a tackle was made on an open wide out which popped the ball loose. "Coach controllerabuser was jumping up and screaming, GET THE F****** BALL!!!" said stud WR Dez Bryant. It was scooped up by Andre Sexton who took it to the house for a 46 yard defensive Touchdown.

I was pleased with the way we played for most of the game. However, in weeks to come this kind of play just won't cut it.

Key Players:
    Zac Robinson 18-33 205 yds 1TD

Kendall Hunter 16-126 yds; 5-73 yds

Dez Bryant 8-77 yds
    Hubert Anyiam 2-29 yds 1TD

Defense
    Andre Sexton 8 Tackles 2TFL 1FR-42yd TD

5. controllerabuser

Week 3

Rice 58 @ #8 Oklahoma State 60

[​IMG]

wow, just wow.. this game was so horribly disgusting. I don't even really feel like playing this game anymore.. jk...

still, very stupid game where the cpu stopped at nothing to make sure we lost but couldn't in the end bring a 1 to our loss column. They missed a FG with a minute left up by a TD which would have sealed the deal. Dez Bryant capped off his day with 2 grabs that beat the defense. In overtime, all we did was run the ball. They couldn't stop it at all. But, in the 3 overtimes.. their qb threw like tom brady. he picked apart our defense like peyton manning. and ran like mike vick. it got so bad that i knew i wasn't going to stop a pass play.. i found myself thinking or hoping for a cpu player to pick it off or for the receiver to fumble.. thats how bad it was.. i have seen robo qb before.. but this was robo qb and robo wr..'s.. it was the worst i have ever seen....

Dez Bryant had like 6 catches for 256 yards or something..
    Kendall Hunter had 200 yards on 27 attempts..

6. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

3 OT at home against Rice? WOW! Good to know I'm not the only one seeing a Robo QB, WR's with glue on their gloves and running backs that just keep running through linemen tackles like mack trucks. I'll post my slider modification suggestions for sdid to consider, because this stuff sure takes the fun out of the game.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

How's things going on the recruiting trail for OSU? Are you going to be able to continue to pull in the Dez Bryant's and the Zac Robinson's of the world?

8. controllerabuser

recruiting looks decent.. don't really remember lol

9. controllerabuser

recruiting is looking very nice for ok state.
    on my board right now everybody has us at 1 and there are maybe 1 or 2 that have us at 2nd. a lot of my recruits are on D which is what we needed to focus on.

10. controllerabuser

Week 4

[​IMG]

#8 Oklahoma State 43 @ New Mexico State 21

New Mexico State put up 21 points but could not get the job done on defense. Oklahoma State did whatever they wanted when they wanted. Improving to 4-0 after some less than stellar performances. However, we are still undefeated and ranked in the top 10. The Cowboys will rest up in week 5 before starting its Big 12 season.

Zac Robinson 15-21 245 yds 3TD
    Kendall Hunter 20-102 yds
    T. Miller 9-74 yds 2TD
    Dez Bryant 5-71 yds 1TD
    Hubert Anyiam 5-119 yds 1TD
    A. Richards 2-30 yds 1TD

11. controllerabuser

Week 6

[​IMG]

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!
    Are They For Real?

#6 Oklahoma State 38 @ Texas A&M 22

Big statement made as the Cowboys dominated the Aggies. A&M robo qb came on big time and wouldn't stop in the last few seconds to make sure they had 22 points. We blew them out of the water on offense and defense. Last game to get ready for the tough Mizzou Tigers.

Passing
    Zach Robinson 13-16 180 yds 2TD

Rushing
    Kendall Hunter 21-130 yds 2TD
    Travis Miller 14-66 yds 1TD

Passing
    Dez Bryant 7-117 yds 2TD

12. controllerabuser

Week 7

[​IMG]

Missouri 17 @ #5 Oklahoma State 27

Still Perfect

Rockin' the all orange jerseys with the white shoes and socks Oklahoma State had it's first big test and survived. Lee Corso stated, "they took care of business". The Tigers came in hungry without their key running back but were still able to shred the not so great State defense. The first possessions between the two teams ended up in punts as they had to feel each other out. OK State proceeded to march down the field. After a big PA pass to Dez Bryant in the corner about 5 yards out from the endzone Kendall Hunter scored from 4 yards out to put OK St up 7-0. Mizzou marches right back but is stopped at the goal line. The Cowboys come up big and force a field goal.

Up 7-3 inside the 5 the Cowboys decide to run an option in which Zac Robinson kept it because of the daylight he saw. 14-3

Mizzou again, quickly moved the ball but the Cowboys scooped up a fumble by a Tiger WR. State then controls the clock and makes it 17-3 going into the half.

1st drive out of half time results in a dumb forced pass to Dez Bryant and turns into a Tiger INT. Tigers then score to make it a game 17-10. Again, inside the 5 Zac Robinson finds nothing but grass as nobody is open to put the Cowboys back up 24-10. After a 10 play 49 yard drive that took 3 minutes and 40 some seconds off the clock the Cowboys found themselves up 27-10. Led by Blaine Gibbert, who will be a force to be reckoned with in the future the Tigers score again 27-17. However, that would be all she wrote as Oklahoma State ran the ball and converted on 2 key third downs.

OK St.
    Z. Robinson 16-22 218 yds, 0TD 1INT

K. Hunter 31-173 yds, 1TD

W. Youman 8-103 yds
    D. Bryant 4-53 yds

Mizzou
    B. Gabbert 15-21 242 yds, 2TD 0INT

S. Scott 12-44 yds

A. Jones 4-47 yds
    L. Thomas 4-113 yds
    W. Kemp 3-21 yds
    J. Perry 2-37 yds

Key Stats

OK ST/ MIZZOU
    SCORE 27/14
    1ST DOWNS 24/12
    TOTAL OFF 401/276
    3RD DWN CONV 9-12/ 1-5
    T.O.P. 20:30/ 7:58

13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

Wow Mizzou tamed the Beast. Man look at that time of possession that's crazy.

14. controllerabuser

I really never had time. He called good plays that countered my pass plays. I had maybe 1 or 2 plays that i tried to go deep to Dez but somehow he didn't catch them.. I had to call quick plays.. That is where my tight end came in handy.

15. controllerabuser

After being shutdown last week by the Tigers secondary and pass rush Dez Bryant and Zac Robinson sat down and had a long talk. They came up with a strategy. In other words, Dez told Zac to just give him the ball. "Throw it up, if you are under pressure just toss it up and i'll catch it. I'm not an All-American for nothing."

[​IMG]

"State survives scare"

#4 Oklahoma State Cowboys (6-0) @ Baylor Bears (4-2)

After hearing Mizzou took down the Horns, Oklahoma State knew it was time. Time to take care of business. The Cowboys made their way to Waco, Texas to face the Baylor Bears at Floyd Casey Stadium.

First Baylor possession results in a pick by Perrish Cox. After rushing well, young Griffin makes a costly mistake. Dez Bryant burns a Baylor DB for 6.
    Robert Griffin hits Finley in the flats as he scampers for a Baylor TD. 10-7
    Baylor shanks a field goal just inches as the Cowboys keep the lead at 13-7. Yet Zac Robinson is sacked on the next play and fumbles to give Baylor the ball at the Cowboy 23. Baylor goes up 14-13 with 2:49 left in the 1st half. State finds the end zone with :15 seconds left but fails a 2 point conversion. 19-14 @ HALF

26-14 after a shredding of the defense by QB Zac Robinson and company. We pin them at the 3 and stuff them forcing a punt. OK State misses a field goal by a mile. Baylor scores on a screen at the 6 causing panic on the sidelines. 26-24

3rd and 9 under 2 minutes Zac Robinson hooks up yet again with Dez Bryant in the back of the endzone to put OK St. 33-24
    Game over as Baylor moves it down the field but Griffin throws his second interception in the end zone.

Zac Robinson 22-33 303 yds 4TD 0INT

Kendall Hunter 22-131 yds

Dez Bryant 10- 152 yds 3TD
    Kendall Hunter 4-34 yds 1TD
    Wilson Youman 4-39 yds
    Adrian Richards 2-31 yds
    Hubert Anyiam 2-47 yds

Justin Gent 10 Tackles 2TFL
    Johnny Thomas 9 Tackles
    Patrick Lavine 8 Tackles 1TFL 1 Sack

16. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

Next week's a big one! Texas must be super mad right now and looking to derail the Cowboys! Watch out!

17. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

CA you're a great coach and my boy but man that would be sweet if the Longhorns tamed the Cowboys. Gators need all the help they can get and we have to win out which is less than likely . . .

18. controllerabuser

Love It!! Finally at the top and now we are getting hated on... Bring on them Horns..

You know Cowboys keep Longhorns tame right?

19. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

LOL you have to run the guantlet man you still got those Sooners waiting on you and they're hungry too. Then if you get past them you will have THE BIG RED knocking on your door.

20. controllerabuser

yeah.. i got what 3 big games left? don't forget i have to play the Colorado user.. and then a possible showdown with the Cornhuskers.. I doubt i'll make it undefeated through the season.. seems as though you are sittin' pretty over there in the SEC even with a loss.

21. controllerabuser

Week 10

[​IMG]

Oklahoma State 42 @ Iowa St. 13

Domination. 1 word described for this game. After coming off a loss to Texas, Ok St. looked to get back to business. They did, and with passion. Trying to secure a spot in the Big 12 title game the Cowboys will work hard in practice each week and play hard.

Zac Robinson 15-23 246 2TD 1INT

Kendell Hunter 20-111 3TD

Dez Bryant 6-134 1TD
    W. Youman 3-30
    H. Anyiam 2-42 1TD
    I. Anderson 2-38

Andre Sexton 11 TACK 3 TFL
    M. Gray 7 TACK 1INT 32 INT YDS 1TD

22. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

It's a mess atop the big 12, man! Looks like it's going to come down to the last week of the regular season and the BCS will once again make some teams unhappy

23. controllerabuser

Week 12

Colorado 21 @ Oklahoma State 45

[​IMG]

Huge win for the Cowboys as they inch closer to a possible Big 12 title game. First they had to beat the Buffaloes first. They did just that today as the defense showed up. Allowing only 156 yard on offense to CU.

Game started off with the two teams getting acquainted with one another. They both forced punts out of each other. The Cowboys would draw blood first as Kendall Hunter pounded in his 1st of 3 touchdowns to go up 7-0. Next possession Buffalo QB Tyler Hansen would face immense pressure forcing a throw that would be snagged by the Cowboy defense. The Buffs would get a big break as Kendall Hunter missed ball drills this week in practice as he fumbled on the next Cowboy possession. 7-7.

The Cowboys marched right down the field and Dez Bryant scores on a slant beating man-to-man coverage and burning the D. 14-7
    CU, comes right back with and tries to get pretty with a flea flicker which results in a pick by the ball-hawking DB Perrish Cox. Cowboys would end up getting stopped at the 1 yard line. Facing 4th and 1 coach controllerabuser decides to gamble and it pays off as Kendall Hunter does the leap frog over the D-line for a 21-7 lead. The Cowboys wouldn't look back. They went into half time leading 24-7.

Buffs coach must have gave an ass kicking speech as the offense picked up the slack and played a brilliant first possession of the 2nd half. Yet, it just wasn't their night. Zac "almost perfect" Robinson would make some key adjustments at the line and in turn Dez Bryant beat his defender like he stole something for a 72 yard TD. 31-14. The Buffs would fumble the very next kick off. We took the 3 Amigos out with under 2 minutes to go in the 3rd. Too big of a game at Oklahoma next week to risk the studs.

Zac Robinson 13-19 242 yards 2TD 0 INT
    Andrew Cate 3-4 42 yards

Kendall Hunter 23-92 3TD

A. Richards 4-45
    W. Youman 4-59
    Dez Bryant 4-137 2TD

24. ZepHead

ZepHead Futbol!

How did you do that? I didn't see any mass subs option in an OD game. Are you using any custom sub settings?

25. controllerabuser

After he lost connection or whatever happened.. I was playing the cpu and got to go into depth charts