Saving the dynasty file

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

First off - thanks to whygodwhy1111, who saved a copy of the file (against my instructions - shows what I know), without which we would have had zero chance of moving forward with the original dynasty.

Going forward, I need one person to save a copy of the file each week (but only one person). Since it worked so well before, I'd like whygod to continue doing it. I will not be saving the file, so that way if the issue crops up again, we can try this workaround.

2. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

i saved it when I got home last night. I could enter the dynasty just fine. Since it was otherwise broken I did not think I was going against instructions.

3. Dru50

I posted sometime in season 2 for nobody to save the file, just goes to show that most of the time I have no idea what I'm talking about.

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

he saved the file after we had all given up and started the new league i believe. i would still say don't have anyone save the file.

5. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

Yeah I agree win Cole here , sorta like it was cool when my man Jack Burton caught a knife barehanded and threw it back in a moment of desperation , but as a former martial artist that ain't good self defense technique ;)

6. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

One of my all time favorite movies, by my all time favorite director. Nice!

7. Dru50

Jack Burton: Like I told my last wife, I says, "Honey, I never drive faster than I can see. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes." -- IMDb Quotes: Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

Lo Pan: And when I find her, I will marry her...

Wang Chi: Never!

Lo Pan: Ching Dai will be appeased, my curse will be lifted!

Jack Burton: And you can go on to rule the universe from beyond the grave.

Lo Pan: Indeed!

Jack Burton: Or check into a psycho ward, whichever comes first, right?

Wang Chi: Jack, will you...?

Jack Burton: "Jack" what? I'm supposed to buy this shit? 2000 years, he can't find one broad to fit the bill? Come on, Dave, you must be doing something seriously wrong!

Lo Pan: There have been others, to be sure. There are always others. But you know, Mr. Burton, the difficulties between men and women. How seldom it works out? Yet we all keep trying, like fools. -- IMDb Quotes: Big Trouble in Little China (1986)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dru50

Jack Burton was the best action hero of the 80s in my book.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

I agree whole-heartedly. I still watch that movie all the time. I own everything John Carpenter ever directed. Another great film that Carpenter directed and Kurt Russell starred in was The Thing. Another good one with those two was Escape from New York. Great stuff.

10. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

The thing kicks ass , awesome plot ..... And then southpark stole it for an episode lol

11. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Snake Plissken? Or was that the 90's?

12. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

That was escape from new York ,1983 I think. Clearly the character solid snake was based off of as well ;)