Archived Saving The File (All Read)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Dec 25, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Ok, I asked in the Commish Forum regarding the OD getting stuck at Step 5 and the news wasn't good. Basically, whats happening is that our file is getting screwed up and will eventually die on us come next season.

So what I need for everyone to do is erase any files you might have saved during the year and DO NOT save when we advance any longer. And please nobody hit me with the "I've been saving files since 1987 with no problem" jazz because this isn't Kansas anymore. Nobody wants to throw away all the work they put into their schools over something that can be avoided. With all due respect, if you can't wait 20 extra seconds for the OD to load each week you may need some Ritalin or marijuana and slow the heck down!

I will need a few of you to save the file at certain points just in case the worse scenario happens and we need to rehost the file. I will let you know what week to save. Only ONE person that week will save the file. Saving the file has been an issue with the NCAA series since NCAA '10 and we'll look to conquer this at the lowest level. Some things may have to be repeated but I'm thinking of saving the file right after bowl season, after coach carousel, and after recruiting. We hit those spots and we shouldn't have to redo too much if the worse case happens. Sound like a plan?

2. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Read....never save the file...in HOF only mself and one other save the file 1x each week, 1st time we enter the OD....also I rarely adv. via the PS3...use the WEB OD 90% of the time...have had no issues since using that approach...knock on wood...our main issue is off season adv thru recuriting weeks...especially if we try to do in one session...so this off season coiming up we are doing over a coupole of days...

3. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I deleted my first post cause i didnt read your last paragraph.

But my first paragraph was still i haven't saved a file since NCAA 10 and i think we established that nobody saves the file and this shit is too trivial to lie over saving a file. So other causes and solutions need to be looked at. Gunit / dave became the commish of cream because the original commish started having issues and we had to re-host a few times until he just gave dave / gunit advance duties which eventually became full commish duties. so we have to be ready for those type events.

And the save times need to be one near the middle and another at the end of a regular season during a week when that guy is not playing a user. All the off season stuff is still a one or two day event. a whole season is not. You have an issue week 14 we lose basically a whole season. Now with this release most of the issues are off season but you never know.

I just lost a dynasty we been doing since 09 because we got comfortable and NOBODY had a good save in yr 2019.

Now one thing i will look at is i have 50 Meg internet. Yes 50 MEG. I pay a few chips for it but there's a whole lot of people with Xmas money and i have a .45 ACP if i need something. But i leave some shit open all the time including the dynasty web site. I will try not to leave that open if that could be a cause. I have not researched to see if that could affect it. But i will keep it closed from now on.

4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

read and agreed

5. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

6. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

read and agreed, I dont know what Ritalin is but hey this California baby so I dont need any weed, feel me? and lol smace767, .45 ACP, I see what you did there playa...

7. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

• Like Like x 2
  8. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

read and agreed

9. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Uhhh yeppp

10. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

read i never save file, if anyone wants to save file just save it to a flash stick so its erased from HD so it doesnt F-up advances

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

read and agreed

12. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

Read and agreed

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Wow, I posted this shit on XMas -- I need a life...

• Like Like x 1
  14. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Read and agreed