Scandal in South Bend leads to Irish coaching change

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Lobster Killah, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Just nights prior to the Fighting Irish taking the field to take on rival Purdue scandal struck South Bend as their former coach was caught to have been partying and supplying alcohol to students under the legal age. Within a hour of the news breaking an investigation was underway by the Athletic Director and the coach was suspended until further notice from meeting with the team. Just minutes ago the AD made the announcement that the accusations were true and the coach has been fired. Replacing him is a relative no name to these parts, coach Lobster Killah.

Reporter: Coach LK, no one around these parts has ever heard of you how will you handle the pressure that comes with being the coach of Notre Dame?

LK: I don't see it as being a problem really, I played some ball in highschool and grew up a Notre Dame fan so I know what's expected around here.

Reporter: You said you played in highschool, did you go on to college or the pro levels?

LK: Nope, actually I only played for 2 years in highschool until I broke my leg, but I've since worked in the front office of a number of semi-professional teams on the east coast and helped with their recruiting. I imagine I'll have a little more luck bringing young men in to play for a storied program like Notre Dame then I had in the minors.

Reporter: Having just taken over the team do you have any insight on the direction that the program will head in under your lead?

LK: Well we will certainly be hoping to bring another National Title to the University, but inheriting a 1-2 record that doesn't look to be an option for next year, so we'll focus on recruiting and impressing the incoming class. We have a solid foundation here with a very impressive Junior QB leading the way. Our skill positions are all strong and we have a number of Freshman already starting or waiting in the wings to step in when needed. We have a few big tests coming up with road games in Purdue and Boston College before we head home to take on Arizona State and USC. But hey I gotta get going, the bands playing and it's almost time for kickoff.

Reporter: Thanks Coach

(Coach LK heads over to the tunnel and runs out to the field with his team to start his career as a college coach)

2. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Haha! Nice. Welcome to The Hurt Locker. It will be interesting to see how well you can do against all the power house schools we have here.

Be warned.. these sliders are definately tough ;)

3. Lobster Killah

Lobster Killah Custom Title!?

Yeah its gonna take some getting used to! I couldn't get my running game going against purdue... not a good sign! Haha

4. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Welcome to The Hurt Locker, good sir.

Just an FYI for everyone, we had a tough time filling the spot in the Big 12 North. Lobster would have taken Mizzou, but he is a big ND fan, and since they are an Independent, it doesn't mess up the format too much. I will probably be likely to give Nebraska an extra built-in user game rivalry with them every year to compensate or something like that.

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Good lookin out, Nebraska needs some competition.

6. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I just realized something... I now have a 4th user game. Notre Dame was on my schedule. Catholics v Convicts.

Should be fun :)

7. SodaAddict

SodaAddict Proud Hurt Locker Commish

Yeah, you and mboda and maybe someone else all have them, oddly enough.