Schedule Analysis-2011 season

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by tuco418, Aug 17, 2010.

1. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

Schedule Analysis-2011 season

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Logo Team
    Analysis​
    [​IMG] Colorado Non conference- Colorado State, Georgia, Wisconsin, Miami. This schedule begins with a bang and ends with a boom. No team faces a tougher schedule than the Buffaloes, who play teams who currently reside in the top ten. The non-conference ledger is an absolute mother and also draws Oklahoma from the Big XII South.
    [​IMG] North Carolina Non conference- Nebraska, TCU, Bowling Green, Oklahoma. The defending national champions face a daunting gauntlet of foes and a tremendous non-ACC list. Nebraska and TCU both impose tremendous challenges early while late games against Miami and Oklahoma should determine if the Heels can have another special season.
    [​IMG] Oklahoma State Non conference- Pitt, Oregon, Alabama, Maryland. The Pokes finished last season on a high note, upsetting the hated Sooners and winning the Cotton Bowl. It’s a hard start to the season, which begins with Pitt, Oregon and Alabama. There are very few breaks in this slate.
    [​IMG] Oklahoma Non conference- South Carolina, Boise State, Northwestern, North Carolina. Defending the Big XII championship will be not easy for the Sooners, who will be tested throughout their 2010 schedule. After opening up with two ranked teams to start, there is nice spacing of the big games.
    [​IMG] Auburn Non conference- Miami, UAB, Notre Dame, Tulane. Although the Tigers faced five ranked teams, the ledger has a nice separation of user games. The downside is that Coach Dean goes on the road for three of four against live opponents. Outside of the opener against the Canes, the non-conference schedule is timid.
    [​IMG] South Carolina Non conference- Oklahoma, TCU, Washington, Clemson. The Gamecocks were the surprise team of 2010 and hope to continue their momentum into 2011. The season will be tough with a trip to Norman to start, followed in ensuing weeks by TCU and Georgia. Scheduling quirk gives USC just three user games this year
    [​IMG] Nebraska Non conference- Southern Cal, Wyoming, North Carolina, Indiana. Coach JerzeyReign takes the reins of a team that folded down the stretch after a fantastic start in 2010. The Corn will have to ready quickly, Nebraska gets two from the top six, Southern Cal and North Carolina, in the first three weeks.
    [​IMG] Alabama Non conference- NC State, Iowa, Oklahoma State, Cal. The SEC has five teams that are ranked and the Tide plays only two of them. Bama misses South Carolina and Georgia from the East but gets a trip to the Swamp and to Oxford. Iowa and Oklahoma State make for a decent out of conference schedule.
    [​IMG] Miami Non conference- Auburn, Ohio State, South Florida, Colorado. The Canes have three tough contests to open the season, highlighted by a trip to South Beach by the Buckeyes. Another difficult three game stretch starts in week seven with Florida State, followed by Georgia Tech and defending national champion North Carolina.
    [​IMG] Maryland Non conference- West Virginia, Idaho, Boise State, Oklahoma State. The ACC looks very top heavy, this season and the Atlantic side looks up for grabs. The Terps non-conference schedule is very tough, with matchups against Boise State and Oklahoma State. Miami will be a challenge in week three, but this list allows for some early momentum.
    [​IMG] NC State Non conference- Alabama, Western Kentucky, North Carolina, Army. No one has a tougher start to the season than the Wolfpack. Top ranked Bama starts the year and defending champ and second ranked North Carolina two weeks later. It does ease up from there on out, and NC State will not hit the road after the Bama trip until week eight.
    [​IMG] Georgia Non conference- Wyoming, Colorado, NC State, Georgia Tech. The Bulldogs start the year in the top five and this slate could help keep them there the entire season. Georgia should be favored in almost every game this season and can make a run at the title. Stern tests are in the SEC side of the docket, but both Auburn and South Carolina come to Athens.

Games of the Year

1. North Carolina at Oklahoma The defending ACC and national champs against the defending Big XII champs. Strange that this game is so late in the year- someone’s season is going to be ruined and allowed no time for repair.
    2. Alabama at Oklahoma State Last season, the Pokes scared the Bejesus of the heavily favored Tide. This year they’ll have to contend with Oklahoma State in Stillwater.
    3. South Carolina at Georgia The Gamecocks gave Georgia their only loss in 2010 and this presents one of the few opportunities in the regular season for the Bulldogs to slip.
    4. Miami at North Carolina The Canes get another shot at the Heels. Chances are that Miami will be 8-0 entering the game, can they get to nine?
    5. Nebraska at Colorado Last year’s game of the year takes place this season in Boulder. The Buffaloes face the nation’s toughest schedule and is capped off with their bitter rival with the division likely on the line. CU fans are warned to keep their piss cups at home.

2. GSUtiger

GSUtiger GEAUX TIGERS!!

Great write up tuco. I will get off the bottom of your list one day. once I get playmakers and win some big games.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Great job Tuco. I spiced it up and threw it in a table for looks.

4. tuco418

tuco418 Older and wiser than you

very cool, thanks

5. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Nice job Tuco. We feel like we are real close down in South Beach, so we will see if we can navigate the gauntlet.

6. Iron Mickey

BTW, I think this is my best and favorite set of schedules this year for the whole league. I made sure Boise State and TCU didnt do any cruising to the title this season. In leiu of giving Boise only (1) User this year I gave them two, and same for TCU. So if there going to run the table, it's going to be the right way.

We got some great OOC games this year.

7. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Great job as always tuco.

8. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

How do you do those logos like that? They look like they were made for the table.

9. Iron Mickey

www.rivals.com

Go to college
    then standings

click on the team your lookin for and then there is a logo. those are the ones I use for these organized tables

10. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Another couple of games to keep an eye on are the South Carolina at Georgia and Auburn at Georgia game. Dean has had a lot of past CoC success and established himself as a coach that can beat anyone anywhere. Bama has stated that he will never lose a user game in SEC play ever again. These games will put that boast to the test. Georgia gets them both at home, but wil have to be on their game in these weeks.

11. King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11 Walk On

Ok cool thanks. I like those, I think I am going to start using them.

12. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

yea i was looking for those going to start using them now

13. runthepound

runthepound Get on the Bus!

this right here is one of the things I look forward to every season! Tuco is the man and does a great job wiith this.

another game that has been overlooked is the UNC/Neb game in week 3.