Schedule Changes

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Post them here. If you carved out a deal out of conference, let me know. Please only post confirmed games, and rank them in order. I will try (emphasis on try) to get these games for you guys, but what often happens is that I am forced to balance things by arranging games in particular ways, and that doesn't always allow the match-ups we want.

I'll do my best, though.

(I will refer to this thread, and this thread only, when making schedules. If you posting something somewhere else, cop/paste it here so I know.)

2. Big D

Big D Walk On

Washington State:

1) 2 year series confirmed with Wisconsin or Michigan, whichever works better. They both have agreed.
    2) Please add Idaho to my schedule if at all possible. Any week, home or away. This is a rivalry game that I miss.

3. soxandgators

soxandgators The Gator Nation

Florida Gators

Not sure if I is allowed but I would loved to fight with a in state arch rival every year. And play both FSU and MIAMI.

4. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

In 2012, the Spartans host Notre Dame and Boise State in their non-conference schedule. If I'm voted into the Kickoff Classic, I'd like a home/home with South Carolina. If I'm not, I'd like to start on the home/home with Florida. Thanks.

5. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

I don't have any user game announcements, but I was hoping to play New Mexico this upcoming season. They're my only other listed rival, apart from Arizona State.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have no interest in a home/home. I like to keep these things open, besides you are getting the game at home this year.

7. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Sept. 1 San Diego State
    Sept. 8 @ LSU
    Those games are on the real schedule, SDSU was just added in June or July, so that game may need to be switched. LSU should be on the default schedule

Sept. 15
    This game is against Portland State in real life, so they will need to be replaced. If possible, I'd like Fresno State, BYU, or Nevada.

8. jca312

jca312 Walk On

Archie Griffin
    You planning on making the Conference changes that are happening in 2012? Nevada, Fresno State, and Hawaii are moving to the Mountain West. The WAC is getting Texas State and Texas San Antonio, which obviously aren't in the game, so in Cream of the Crop we just left the WAC with it's remaining members after the defections.

Here's a post in the Locker Room for reference and some other realignment possibilities if you decide to go that route.
    http://forums.traditionsportsonline...it-your-conferences-to-match-real-life.58112/

9. soxandgators

I already have FSU and most likely MIAMI non-conference and they are both hated rivalries.....So unless i can get a full commitment that runs the entire dynasty i will respectfully decline all offers. I love rivalry games which is why i want Miami on the schedule reallllllyyyyy BAD. I really want a life time user user sim nation rivalry and it coming from either Michigan,Michigan St or Ohio St would be badass.

10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I'm 100% for this, but (according to some) need to defer to next year because of the kickoff classic. I'm happy to play as many H2H games as I can while still keeping Notre Dame on my schedule.

11. soxandgators

Well once we establish a rivalry is it set in stone or is the (Kickoff CLassic) gonna interfere every time ? I will play 5 or 6 user games i don't mind. Playing the computer is boring.

12. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Ok - so we're in agreement. We just need NCAA approval.

13. soxandgators

For sure.... Glad i got a rivalry now in sim nation. We will have some knock down drag out battles i cant wait.

14. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

1) John Crow agreed to have our first game of the season against each other - is it possible to schedule a neutral site for this one like IRL? If not, I'd prefer to play in Ann Arbor this year depending on how you work the Wazzu game.
    2) Notre Dame - at ND this year (Rivalry game)
    3) Home/home with Washington St. - would like this year to be a home game for Michigan, since my other two games will more than likely be road games.

#1 and 2 on my list are the most important to me if that matters at all. No offense Big D

15. Big D

Big D Walk On

One thing I'd like to add as an relative outsider coming in here. . .we may want to watch overloading guy's schedules. This is directed at nobody in particular, just something I've been meaning to say for a while.

I don't think we should give any one guy a chance to schedule two top 5 opponents at whim just because he wants to. That won't keep the balance with our CPU counterparts, and really its not 'SIM'. On the same token, I don't think guys should be given an auto pass to schedule 3-4 cupcakes a season just because he wants to. That's also not sim.

I'm just worried about balance here. If you have a guy who plays X, Y, and Z in a custom non schedule. . .and all three of those teams were ranked programs last year that really is going to stack the odds in your favor and create huge balancing issues with other users and the CPU.

My 2 cents.

16. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Understand and agree, but Michigan plays Alabama and Notre Dame next year IRL so I'd like to make that happen at a minimum if possible.

17. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I understand and appreciate that point of view. Part of my motivation (which is understandably different than yours) is to play the teams that might end up in the top 5 as I'll be working my tail off for the next couple seasons to get a top 5 finish.

I certainly agree, however, that MSU (or any team) playing 4 top-25 games in their non-conference schedule would not be realistic. MSU hosts Notre Dame and Boise State in real life in 2012. I definitely want to keep both those games. I'd like to start my series against Florida, but understand if that needs to wait.

It appears as though I was voted into the Kickoff Classic - an honor, for sure. I'd prefer that not take away from these other two real-life games.

18. Big D

Big D Walk On

Now this is where I think you are wrong. I am at an inherent disadvantage at a 1 star school. That means there is no way the CPU logic will even let me get close to the National Championship game if the scheduling like you want takes place. I could go 13-0, and I guarantee you that I would finish behind you if you lose to say Florida and Boise in the early season. Hell if I lose 1 game I won't even come close to a BCS game and you could lose THREE and get an at large with the schedule you are proposing.

I want to keep these potential problems from happening.

We could say "All users schedule whoever they want no holds barred" to combat this problem. However, then the CPU teams would take a MASSIVE hit in SOS, wreaking havok on CPU recruiting and prestige.

Anyways, I think our differing points of view are moot because Archie controls scheduling and he has rules already in place it looks like. . .somewhere in the middle of us.

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Be advised: I'm not going to overload anyone. I try to mirror realistic schedules as much as possible, and I'm aware of just how weird things can get if we give a team a schedule they wouldn't otherwise ever have.

I'm also thinking of leaving the FCS teams in the schedules this time for the same reason. We're putting losses on teams that might otherwise not get those losses, and some of those losses cost bowl games and such. I may ask us to play these teams with a 70 point cap, in case things get out of hand.

• Like Like x 1
  20. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I liked how our schedules are done. I have no problem with fcs schools as well....our schedules put more emphasis on bowls. Which I think is great!

21. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

I think, in a former life, we were husband and wife. We seem to disagree on everything.

On this one, I want to clarify because I think you might have misinterpreted my comment, in which case you probably think I'm a bigger ass than before your read the comment.

I was, in no way, suggesting that you're not playing to win a title. I was, in every way, suggesting that my primary goal is to earn my 6th star. Since you're now at least 4 seasons away from that, I was suggesting that we have different goals.

22. John Crow

John Crow Walk On

Michigan and I have agreed to play.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

How would you feel about:

Week #1 - @ Boise on the smurf turf
    Week #2 - Wisconsin at your place
    Week #3 - @ Idaho

It's tough, but not outside the realm of possibility for an up and coming team. Looks kinds like what Boise does early on. I can give that Boise game to another Pac 12 school, but I thought you might hate them enough to want it.

24. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Schedules are leaning toward:

Bama @ Michigan in week one
    SCU @ MSU also in week one (all eyes on TSUN for the start of the season)
    WSU hosting Wisconsin in week 2
    Arizona hosting Florida in week 3

Problems: UF and Bama each only have one user game in conference, and even after scheduling big user game out of conference, they're only at 2 each. It's not a deal-breaker, but it looks like any other team would have to take on a fourth to give them a third, and the schedules would look a bit overloaded, especially if the UF/Miami game happens.

I'm working on it, but there is a possibility that these schools might only have two user games before championship week. If this happens, it happens.

25. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

What would we think of Washington hosting the #1 Sooners in week 4?

1 - FCS
    2 - Colorado State
    3 - Open
    4 - #1 Oklahoma

5 - 14 = Conference (3 user games)

How's this look?

• Like Like x 2