Schedules (again)

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by Archie Griffin, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009
    Schedules (again)

Here's where I'm at:

With everyone all over the place as far as conferences and such goes, it's really difficult to come up with a schedule that works for everyone. In fact, it's impossible. The SEC has no conference user games before the championship, the Big 12 has one, so finding match-ups is pretty hard. Here is what I would like to do:

Traditionally, there are teams who schedule tough (ND) and those who schedule cupcakes (Minnesota comes to mind). In this sense, it's sim to let you guys control your own schedules. So, here's what I suggest - Get with the other coaches, feel free to use the list in the other post as a guide, and get back to me with the match-up, the week you can both fit it in, and what games each user will be replacing. For example:

Week 1 - Army vs. Ohio State
    OSU replaces Navy
    Army replaces Eastern Michigan

Week 15 - Ohio State vs. Notre Dame
    OSU replaces OPEN
    ND replaces @Stanford

Now, if you would like me to move games, you could do this:

Week 15 - Ohio State vs. Notre Dame
    OSU replaces OPEN
    ND moves @Stanford to week 11, replaces Washington State.

You could also choose to post your entire schedule as you would like it to be, and I can try to match that schedule when the season starts. Just don't post games that haven't been negotiated yet. For example:

Ohio State 2009 Football Schedule

September 5 - Army (shaun)
    September 12 - USC
    September 19 - Toledo
    September 26 - Illinois
    October 6 - Indiana
    October 10 - Wisconsin
    October 17 - Purdue
    October 24- Minnesota
    October 31 - Open
    November 7 - Penn State
    November 14 - Iowa
    November 21 - Michigan (Blitz)
    Nov 28 - Notre Dame (DatNDaz)

Read this: This is not a thread to negotiate schedules. It is a thread to announce games and get approval for those games. If you want to ask someone to play you, do it by PM, or in another thread.

This is also the way to replace any non-conference games you want. Schedules will remain as they are unless you tell me to move something. That way, we each get what we want, or at least as much of what we want as we can negotiate. Approach each other, and get back to me. I think the schedule in the other thread is a good start, but we can wipe it clean if you like. I would like to keep ND, Army, and UM in year one. If any of these teams want to go another way, just let me know.

Now, I want to keep things sim, so anyone scheduling all comers will probably not be allowed to. No one schedules crazy in real life, so we should keep our stuff reasonable. I think this will take some of the pressure off me to come up with equity, which is something I just can't deliver. Also, 2 user games, three, four? - this will be completely up to each user. You know who you play every year, and you know how the polls work. Schedule how you see fit, but understand that as commish, I do reserve the right to deny games, though this is not something I plan to use.

Also, name teams you would like to replace FCS games with, but check their schedules; if your opponent is not available (playing a conference game or a locked rivalry) then I will replace them with whomever I please. If the BCS buster gets through, I will not be to blame. Cool?

Let's see how this works,

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Feb 23, 2009

SEPT 7 @FSU (AMP)
    SEPT 17 GT (JMILL)
    SEPT 26 @VT
    OCT 10 FL A&M
    OCT 17 @UCF
    0CT 24 CLEMSON
    OCT 31 @WAKE
    NOV 7 UVA
    NOV 14 @UNC
    NOV 21 DUKE
    NOV 28 @USF

Can you say toughest first four weeks for anybody. I can't really find any bye weeks in this schedule either, maybe week 2 and the end of the year?
  3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Feb 19, 2009
    This is a good example. With FSU, GT, and a conf. championship game (if you make it), you could leave your schedule as is ... or ... if you choose, you could replace the Oklahoma game with a user (Texas?), the game @UCF with a user, or not. It's up to you.

However, you do need to replace Fla A&M (not in the game) with a real opponent who does not have a game in that week. Look around and get back to me if you come up with something.