Schedules

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by The Dude, Jan 28, 2012.

1. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Guys,

I'm gonna need a while with these. Looks like a number of us are in years when in conference guys drop off our schedules, so we'll need to work around some issues. WSU has no user games, UGA has one, Texas has one (against me - might not stay that way), and I have eight or nine rivalry games (didn't know I had so many rivals).

I'm going to move things around quite a bit. I should have so many rivalry games. It unbalances recruiting in a big way. A six star with a half dozen rivalry games can really make a mess of the recruiting trail.

Anyway, look for 2-3 user games each (shooting for 3, but it's tough when some guys have none in conference) and a conference title game being a shot at a fourth (or third).

I'll post some kind of preview first, so we have some idea what to look for.

2. Goose

Goose Walk On

Make sure ND only gets 4 home games. lol

3. The Dude

Thing is. my plan to be pretty mobile with ND kinda got squashed. UM and USC are mandatory games, so I really only have one game that I can move around from year to year. I'm thinking an OSu Texas rematch from the vince Young days might happen, though. That would give you your 3 (PSU and UM) and lock up a pretty typical OSU schedule.

I have to get creative to fill in the schedules for WSU and USC, since they don't play each other. WSU might only get 2 user games, cuz it would look kinda silly to schedule three big time non-con games against BCS schools in the same year. No one really does that.

I'll just have to see how it works out. This stuff seems to have a way to work itself out.

4. The Dude

OK, here are my issues:

So far, UGA has one user game. WSU has two. Texas has three, but that's their entire non-con schedule - weeks 1,3,5 are all users, with bye weeks between (and I had to eliminate the A&M rivalry game to get that, which I did because Baylor, Tech, and OU are all rivals, and still on the schedule). So much for a pre-season tune-up.

Basically, the new conferences give everyone a nine game conference schedule, leaving only three weeks open for other games. Some guys have non-con rivalry games (ND/UM, ND/USC, UGA/GTech, Texas/TA&M, LSU/Tulane, etc.) This makes is very difficult to get games into weeks when guys can play, especially since some guys are already into the conference schedule by week two. So, the combination of the new conference schedules and the rest of the difficulties make a balanced schedule impossible.

So, when I launch, and you notice that some guys have more user games than others, it's because I tried to balance it the best I could. Guys with fewer still have to beat a user in a title game to go big, and I leaned on Texas because they have no user challenge of any kind in the Big 12, whereas WSU and USC would have to meet each other to run the table. UGA has to go through LSU in season, but would have to either play them twice or beat Easy's Bama team to make a major bowl (assuming history holds and a user makes the title game), so I left his single user game alone. Only way to balance that would be to force someone else to play a fourth user game, and then their schedule would look pretty silly.

Anyway, I tried to balance what I could, but it just ain't gonna even out at three apiece. Got as close as I could.

I'm going to count the games one more time (CPU gave me 11 last season) and check the home/away balance. Then we launch. Should be very soon.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Sounds like you've done a hell of a job.

6. bdub

bdub Walk On

Sounds like you did all you could.