Scheduling and Missing games

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Freakskull, Oct 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

Gentlemen,

There has been some difficulty with the league missing games. I want to make sure everyone remains active. Here are some ways to ensure that happens:
    • Make robust efforts to schedule ASAP.
    • If you are a no-show to an agreed time, your opponent may be entitled to play your CPU or get sim to win
    • CC will be starting to track teams that do not play, and reasons why - inactive players will be released
    • Exceptions (i.e. Jets) can be made, if the issue is dealt with immediately
    • make sure that all opportunities have been exhausted before a game gets simmed
    • If a sim-to-win is to occur, the member who will loose the game must PM me. Not the team that is winning. Even if it is agreed too, if I don't get the PM, its a straight up sim.
    v/r,

8E

Hordan54 greatnessdc McStrauss Jeremy Rasmussen hskr8128 akutozo arlennnn Automatik XWarriorMonk BigK44 Coachmedicis RyanRain39 RaunchyTacoBowl GridIRONguru614 iBO ZCar352 Wyrmreaver RFF seanisgreat87 xSavedByGracex GMONEY 15 Masterfocker Playa2138 recchem2000 Craig jay2149 Freakskull Keller SwagKingCole23

Last edited: Oct 31, 2015
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. GridIRONguru614

GridIRONguru614 Walk On

Ok but I do have one suggestion in regards to the no-show policy....not to throw Coachmedicis under a bus at all. But for example yesterday, I wasn't on the site or on console at the time we had agreed to which was 9:30pm. I was a little late like 9:50. There was an immediate inclination to have the game simmed. BUT last night was weds. and advance in friday night. Im just saying, lets just make sure that all opportunities have been exhausted before someones game gets simmed. There should be no reason to sim a game prior to advance.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Freakskull

Added:
    • make sure that all opportunities have been exhausted before a game gets simmed
    Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  4. RFF

RFF Walk On

On a personal note, if someone keeps me waiting on an agreed-upon time for 20-30+ mins because they fell asleep or got busy or really wanted to watch their show or had to change into their full Madden gear or whatever the excuse, and they can't even extend the courtesy of dropping a note that they can't make it or will be X mins late, I'm going to take the win and probably won't attempt to reschedule. It's just really rude and demonstrates you believe the other person's time is not valuable.

Things come up, and sometimes a scheduled Madden game has to take a backseat; that's fine. But leaving your opponent hanging (no names but this has happened more than once lately) without any notice drives me up a wall. In these cases, no I will likely not accommodate your rescheduling efforts.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Coachmedicis

Coachmedicis Walk On

GridIRONguru614 i dont want to make this a conversation back and forth bc that wasn't the intention of freak's post....but i never said to have the game simmmed....i said, oh great another sim. I'm going to have more games simmed than focker. I never asked or wanted a sim. hahaha

6. GridIRONguru614

GridIRONguru614 Walk On

Coachmedicis yeah man...like I said, my post wasnt to throw you under the bus. It was to make a larger point for the league that just because you miss an agreed upon time...as long theres still plenty of time until advance to make sure both teams have exhausted all chances to play before advance, which is what we did. It was nothing against you at all.

7. greatnessdc

greatnessdc Walk On

I would strongly agree with this. If a user agrees to a time and the opponent doesn't show up and fails to communicate that they can't make it then the original user ends up wasting time just wasting time waiting for an opponent who they don't know if they will show up the next minute or not at all.

No one wants a sim game if its not needed. But asking someone to commit 2 hours to try and play one game per advance is a lot. If you can't make it just take two minutes to send a quick message.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  8. RyanRain39

RyanRain39 Walk On

It's not a fun feeling to watch time tick away when you have stuff to get done. 5-10 minutes is one thing, but a full hour or more, and in some people's case, this is a regular trend.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I have yet to come across anyone who can't play in the allotted times of the league (3-11, I believe) but I would say if people get in the league somehow that can't play in those times and start causing sims, it should be a sim to win for the team who can make the time between the league rules.

Like I said, no problems yet, but it would be a good rule of thumb

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Craig

Craig Walk On

IMO 3 days in plenty of time to get your games in. I understand things come up but you should have no problem finding an hour out of your day to play your game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Freakskull

Added:

If a sim-to-win is to occur, the member who will loose the game must PM me. Not the team that is winning. Even if it is agreed too, if I don't get the PM, its a straight up sim.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.