Scheduling Guidelines

Discussion in 'Game Scheduling' started by Hellisan, May 21, 2011.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I think we need some updated guidelines on how to schedule games. I will be upholding these rules by simply deleting threads that don't comply.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First post in the scheduling thread: Generally posted by whomever visits the forum first after advance. This person must suggest a date and time that a) works for him, b) is as soon as the person can play the game and, c) and is reasonably likely to work for the other person too. We all generally know the habits and schedules of the people in the league.... In addition to the "requested" time, post a range of available times.

Do post: Hey JMS... I have a very small window I can play this evening... How about 10:30 PM EST? If that doesn't work, I can play from 7 PM to 11 PM EST tomorrow.

Don't post: Hey JMS... Wanna play sometime soon?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply post by the other party to the game: Either accept the time the person suggests... Or if that does not work, select a time within the alternate range the first person suggested. If there is still nothing that works for the two parties, begin discussion of alternate times.

Do post: Hey Helli.... 10:30 PM EST tonight works, see you then. OR... That time won't work, I'm busy. Let's play at 8 PM EST tomorrow.

Don't post: Hey JMS... Ooooh... .eeeeeeesshhh... Ya know... My schedule's reallll reeeeaaal tight... Let's push for three days from now. If you can't play within the first 48 hours after advance, just go on auto unless it's late in the season and you are in the running for the title. We will make exceptions to the 48-hour rule for that, but only that.

Honestly... IF you're not in charge of your own schedule... Either fire the hag that is, or get out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please have a firm date and time scheduled within 8 hours of the first post. Text each other if necessary, then update the thread with the date and time. If you don't have somebody's cell number to text... Contact me. I will provide it. IF something that you've scheduled doesn't work for you... Hey, it happens... (rarely!) Contact the other party as soon as you possibly can and let them know. If you're contacting somebody in the 11th hour to tell them that they need to wait for you, I feel that is a sign of disrespect; the other person will play the cpu unless the dissed party wants to wait.

2. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Will you seriously please relax? What are we on, year 9, 10? We are on the 3rd day of the current advance and its the weekend.

In the USF/Cincy case, I'm the one who has been relatively available the past 2 days and even I'M not this pissed. Sometimes the line between fun and 'job' gets blurred. You work from home-- the weekends for most of us are the only free time we have--I dont think its fair to blame a guy for not wanting to schedule an NCAA game in year 9 for a Friday night.

I know you wanna run through as many seasons as possible, but half of us told you we are getting burned out and 'urged' us to continue. Please don't take the fun out.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Blaza just mad cuz he dat 3rd ranked team. No title this year :(

4. Blaza

Hahahhaha, I'm not mad man, just saying I don't think yelling at guys is the best method at this point. I want to move fast too, but we should respect that everyone does not have the same schedule. Sure its nice to be able to say "Can you go now? Ok?", but there's 12 of us in different parts of the country with different jobs, relationship status, schedules etc. If I say, does tonight work for you and a guys schedule is a little iffy for that night, I think that should be ok and understandable.

It's summer time, the weekend, and we are at the end of the OD....and we are the 2nd and a half day of the advance....RELAX!

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Geez helli, i thought they were doing a good job scheduling and keeping in contact. Just a case of schedules not matching up.

Besides what u doing up at 4:30 AM anyways? Lol...

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah I feel you blaza. Just imagine how pissed I been lately when I'm trying to record hit singles and you fuckers always wanting to play around 9/10 PM. Smh the NERVE!

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I'm not "mad." I feel we are missing the point of what scheduling a game is. It's not finding out if the other person wants to play, it's finding out WHEN and setting a time. The aim of it isn't coming up with a new set of pen pals, it's setting a time for the game. Even if that time is the third day I really don't care, just set something up.

If you're talking a lot but not scheduling the game... [​IMG]

Hey if I can get Carl, Mr. Comic Relief to say one serious thing I'll feel I've done my job. You're the one that wants a break. If we keep taking 3-day advances we'll have no break.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Stop big-timing us bro! Why not just record an album :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Blaza

You've done a great job man. Easily the most fair, reasonable commish on the site for me. All I'm saying is, everything won't fit into a cute little box every single game.

I could see if we were talking about CPU games, but we talkin' bout USER games man. We talkin' bout USERS!'

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I appreciate that and I promise this isn't JUST based on your game this week or anything. I really think that suggesting a time right off the bat, then offering a range of alternatives, gives the best chance of the second post in the thread resulting in a game time being set up. Give it a try :thumbsup: