Scheduling Issues

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Guys,

Just an FYI, but I'm having some issues, mainly with the ACC.

All the ACC teams play each other, giving them 3 conference user games + a championship game (I look at the schedules as if everyone is going to make a championship game).

If this happens, and I play Clemson, that's five user games for Ego. It's also five for FSU.

I can schedule Iowa, Notre Dame and myself for an extra game in the SEC to balance it out a bit, but then we're getting into MORE user games instead of fewer of them, so the season could bog down a bit again depending on availability.

Just letting you guys know where I'm at.

Last chance for 3 guys to shift to the Big 12 [​IMG]

I'm kidding, but if we're looking to balance things out AND speed up the seasons, it might not be a bad idea. Lemme know if three guys can make it work. If the gaps left behind make sense, and we want to add a conference, we can do it - but we would have to hurry.

AG

2. bdub

bdub Walk On

Since I have only been at FSU for a year, I don't mind moving to the Big 12 if 2 other guys want to as well. I call Texas though [​IMG]

3. justadude

justadude Walk On

I could take Colorado. I am from Colorado Springs, so it would be a fit.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

IF this is an option, there's no reason to only consider the Big 12. Pac Ten teams play each other every year, and so do Big East teams (so does the Mountain West) so there's no chance of having a year when the other isn't on the schedule, and we have all user games out of conference. I just hate that.

If two guys wanted to lock up a rivalry - like USC-UCLA, or Pitt-WVU, or BYU-Utah, or the Civil War, any of these could be worked in with a non-con tie in like: USC-ND, Pitt-Miami, and a bunch of others.

We're just in a place where some teams will play a bunch of user games, and some will play few. I should have to play a bunch. My schedule should be the hardest, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I have no way to make this so.

So, if you want to make a title run out of another conference, or you want to rebuild somewhere, find someone to go with you, and let me know. If it works, we'll make it happen, as long as there are no reasonable objections.

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

I would stay away from the Non-BCS conferences. With the power teams we have now, it will be very very hard to play your way into the MNC game. I would consider Big 12 or Pac 10 if anyone is interested in coming with me.

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Are there any Big 12 north and south teams that play every year? If there are, then we could roll with 2 in the Big 12. Otherwise, we'll probably want 3, though that would put another conference at 2, which would result in the same problem, just in a different place. The Pac Ten could do 2 pretty easily, especially if one of them is USC, who has the yearly game with Notre Dame. The Big East would do the same thing for us, and open up a new non-conference opportunity, since the Big east has one less conference game. in season.

7. justadude

justadude Walk On

I would take over Colorado. I take it that would be more of a rebuilding project, but still its in my former home state. If it helps scheduling I would be cool with it.

Edit: I do not think Texas and Colorado play every year irl. I do not know how that is in the game though.

8. bdub

bdub Walk On

I think all the Big 12 rivalrys are in the same division so no one plays the same team from the other division every year.

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I just looked at the schedules, and they don't play next this season. Kinda tough to work around that without a third team in the conference.

OSU-Texas is a good non-con game, as is Michigan-Colorado, or even Iowa-Colorado, since they're almost regional, and Colorado and Michigan have a history.

The only issue I don't want to deal with is an entire conference season in which no one plays another user, and that could happen is Colorado is down, which I think they are.

I'll find a way to schedule. I don't NEED anyone to change. We just usually have the discussion at the end of every year, and we didn't this time, so I thought I'd mention it. Let's see who else weighs in. Someone might want a change that balances things out. You never know.

10. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Arch, I would be open to a move if you need me to. Shoot me a text if you can I won't be around my comp till later tonight

11. justadude

justadude Walk On

I am happy to stick with Alabama. I have liked the Tide since I did a report on Bear Bryant in 5th grade (I like to have some affinity to the teams I play). Plus the team is currently loaded, so, you know, there is that :)

I will leave it in your hands Archie, but please only if Colorado or Air Force are an option.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Like I said before, there's nothing I NEED, but we usually have this conversation at this time, so I figured it would be a good time to open it up. Here's how I see it:

We have had a different champ every year, so we're balanced. Since this is true, we can pretty freely move wherever we want without being accused of doing so for selfish reasons. Wanna freshen things up? Go ahead. If not, then stay put.

I think we can spread out as much as we want and still have a good experience, since the CPU is tough, and none of us is unbeatable. It may be time to go with who we love.

For example, if dude wanted Colorado, (or Air Force, for that matter) he's going to have a rough road, so we don't need to make sure he has X number of user games. Winning against a much better CPU team is no picnic, and by the time he becomes a powerhouse all alone in the Big 12, the next game will be out. Now, if a single user went to Texas or Oklahoma, they might run the conference relatively unchallenged, and that might tip the scales for the national title race in ways other guys might find unfair.

My initial impression is to let the chips fall where they may, and not to restrict much of anything. If there's a team you're in love with, and this dynasty will be more fun for you if you play them, say the word, and we'll see what we can do. My loyalty just happens to be to a team that is also stacked, so I ain't going anywhere.

So, in short, don't try to accommodate anyone else. Get greedy and ask for what you want. if there is something you want. If we can find a balanced way to provide it, I'm sure we will. I'm all about retention these days. Whatever helps you make the next four months fun, that's what I want.

13. bdub

bdub Walk On

I'm not really into having 5 user games but I understand how hard scheduling can be. I will just stick with FSU.

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

We could put FSU/UF on hold for a year, especially since you're playing a user Miami game. Just a thought. That would make it 3, or 4 if you made the championship game, but that's the only thing I could cut, since the rest are conference games.

15. bdub

bdub Walk On

I am OK with that if it doesn't mess up Florida's schedule.

16. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i would leave Miami for Big 12 or Pac 10 in a heart beat. Im not really attached to my team since i just joined midway through last season. If not i guess we just bring on the user games

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If you guys wanted it, it would leave GTech and Clemson in the ACC, and give us Texas, Colorado, and whoever else in the Big 12. We could work with that. If you want it, dude, bdub, and DS would have to all stop by relatively soon and say so, or text each other and find out if it's a go.

18. DrunkenSoldier

I'd Take either Nebraska or Oklahoma. Oklahoma would be better since we could have the Red River shoot out with Texas

19. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

That gives us Texas and Oklahoma, which is a good one. Colorado also play OU, and I know dude wants the Buffs if he can get them. He's six hours ahead of us, though, so I'd have to make the decision for him, as he's likely in bed. Why don't we make bdub Texas, as he mentioned earlier, make DS Oklahoma, and make Dude the Buffs. If Dude wants his old team back in the morning, we just move him back and see what happens. Sound fair?

20. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Since I have to plan schedules, I'm going to make the changes, and just move things back if it turns out to be something the guys don't want. We're pretty fluid at this point. If anyone has any objections, we'll fix'em. No worries.

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

FYI - I am removing any and all restrictions from Dude when it comes to recruiting for the Buffs. Unlimited signings, cuts, etc. Rebuilding as a two star can be a pain. Also, I'm going to make his out of conference schedule a bit easier than the rest of ours. Now, he's a B-, so he doesn't have a terrible team, but as a two-star, he'll need help recruiting.

22. bdub

bdub Walk On

Sounds good to me. I will take Texas

23. DrunkenSoldier

I like Oklahoma, so im happy

24. bdub

bdub Walk On

Got to love how the CPU recruits. I have 5 HB 85 or better and a total of 7 HB's. Why they haven't all transferred is beyond me.