Scheduling Question

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BDSDIGITAL, Jun 30, 2009.

1. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Scheduling Question

I wasn't sure where to put this so I started a new thread.

I was just curious about the schedules. Are we making our own schedules? Are we going with the default 2009/2010 schedules for this year? Mine is potential brutal btw with road games at WV, at NC, and home for VT, which is really cool with me! (y) Will our schedules be random in future years? Will we have any input into our own schedules?

Just curious. I don't think this has been addressed. If it has I missed it.

2. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You will have imput on your schedules in the future...

for the first season, I think I am just going to leave it how it is (maybe replace FCS schools)

from there on, we can request user vs user "contracts"..

for instance, say I wants to play UCF for a 4 year home/away series at the end of the regular season, I would ask the UCF guy and if he agreed I could set that up.

I would like no one to have more than 5 user games and no less than 3

3. BDSDIGITAL

Ok so this year will be the default schedule. I have one FCS game which is App. St opening week.

4. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Quick question regarding that. I haven't checked everyone's schedules, but it's most likely possible that someone might only have 3 user games on their schedule, while the rules say 4 are needed. Are we skipping that for year 1? Seems to me that would give a slight advantage to those who are required to play less user games...

5. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Sheduling shouldn't be too much of an issue when it comes to user v user games due to conference skedz. Only thing I would say different is maybe scheduling one out of conference user game to start the season.

It can kinda act like a C-USA vs MAC challenge or something dumb like that. That one oc game, plus the conference shedule should be about 5 user games or so.

6. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Depends on who you have. You could end up missing the guys on the other side of the conference, thus giving you 2 user conference games and 1 ooc user game doing it that way. As it stands, we could have 1 or 2 teams this season that have 3 user games max.

7. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Yeah. Akron currently only has 3 user games or 4 unless LSUtiga21 takes anyone besides Miami (Ohio).

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I'll work something out where everything is even..

Once i get the game I will see how scheduling will work witht the teams we have.

I could prolly do it with '09, but Ill just wait.

Like I said I would like for everyone to have atleast 3 user games and no more than 5. What I will probably do for year 1 is randomly give everyone an extra game out of conference..(I could keep track of mac vs c-usa records)

the second season....you can start "contracts" with other users...for instance, say I want to play mors as my final game of the season for the next 5 years...I'd ask, if he accepts we will set it up.

you guys can do that too if you'd like..if not, I will give you someone random most likely

9. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Sounds good to me. The only issue you might have is the conference games that are "locked." In other words, the opponent, location, and date could NOT be changed. I might be wrong on this, as I haven't played 09 in a while and no longer have it. I don't remember if you could move conference games in 09. I'm doubting you could. That said, you'd have to find weeks which were open for both teams that are wanting to play each other.

10. BDSDIGITAL

I don't think you can mess with those games. The other thing we need to keep in mind is the conference championship games more than likely will be user v user too. I have a hard time believing the cpu will beat us out for the division....but I guess you never know.

11. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Yeah, you definitely can't change the conference schedules any, which kinda sucks, but can be worked around for things like Murkya is talkin' about.

Going on his previous example, if we were to play 5 seasons in a row the last game of the season, if there was a time when our conference schedule had both of us playing normally, we'd just have to make due with that as part of the above agreement.

Kinda like how it used to be that WVU and Pittsburgh would always play the Backyard Brawl last day of the season each season, but then it got changed up some the past couple of seasons because of the need to schedule more conference games later in the season before of OOC schedules for some of the Big East teams.

I think the most interesting thing about the teams that we choose to do this with is that, most of them don't have more than one rivalry game, which means that we could start one between two users and really have fun with that type of stuff.

12. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You can't move conference games..

I've done all of this before, it won't be a problem

13. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well Ill play anyone anywher a la Pat Hill and Fresno.

14. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Akron and Coach Xavier ain't scurd of no one

15. BDSDIGITAL

At ECU we say, shit, bring it....aint no one here scurd of sheet....

16. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

At NIU, we're a little nervous. :eek:

If I can fit in user games, I'm all for it.

17. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

the Cougs say "bring it"

18. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Well I said bring it first, so I win.