Scheduling Requests

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MurkYa21, Dec 2, 2009.

1. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Scheduling Requests

Like always, we'll do the best we can. I would like for everyone to have atleast 4 user games in a season. Hopefully one of which is an out of conference game.

Parrothead and I will have trouble scheduling 4, for sure. It may be more like 2 or 3, and depending on the bowl games. We're going to shoot for three, but that also adds complications to everyone else's schedules.

I'm going to post what the schedules look like if we leave them as the CPU wants them. In the meantime, discuss any possible home and away series, rematches, w/e.

edit:

CPU Schedules

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3 Column 4 Column 5 Column 6 Column 7 Column 8 Column 9 Column 10 Column 11 Column 12 Column 13
    Week Akron Ball State Bowling Green ECU Houston Kent State Purdue Rice Southern Miss Tulsa UCF UCLA
    1 BYE BYE non conf non conf BYE non conf non conf non conf non conf non conf BYE non conf
    2 BYE non conf BYE non conf BYE non conf non conf non conf non conf non conf non conf non conf
    3 non conf non conf non conf non conf non conf BYE BYE non conf non conf non conf non conf non conf
    4 *conf* non conf *conf* non conf non conf *conf* non conf *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf*
    5 *conf* *conf* non conf *conf* *conf* *conf* non conf BYE *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf*
    6 *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* non conf *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf*
    7 non conf *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* non conf *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* BYE
    8 *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf*
    9 *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* BYE *conf* *conf* *conf*
    10 *conf* BYE *conf* *conf* non conf *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* BYE *conf*
    11 non conf *conf* BYE *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* BYE *conf* *conf*
    12 *conf* *conf* *conf* BYE *conf* BYE *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf*
    13 *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* *conf* non conf BYE non conf BYE
    14 non conf non conf non conf BYE non conf non conf BYE BYE BYE non conf non conf *conf*
    15 BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE

Week 1 - everyone is available
    Week 2 - everyone is available
    Week 3 - everyone is available
    Week 4 - Ball State, ECU, Houston, Purdue have open dates
    Week 5 - Bowling Green, Purdue, Rice have open dates
    Week 6 - none
    Week 7 - Akron, Kent State, UCLA have open dates
    Week 8 - none
    Week 9 - none
    Week 10 - Ball State, Houston, UCF have open date
    Week 11 - Akron, Bowling Green, Tulsa have open dates
    Week 12 - ECU & Kent State have open dates
    Week 13 - Southern Miss, Tulsa, UCF, UCLA have open dates
    Week 14 - everyone is available
    Week 15 - not sure if you can schedule Week 15 games or not.

2. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

hey I just thought of this. If you and Parrot have left the MAC that only leaves 4 guys in conference. This year you guys should be playing the MAC guys so that you all can get a minimum 4 user games. We should all have at least 3 user games in CUSA cause we will be playing conference foes. Again we won't know about this until after the start of the season.
    I would like TX A+M at home this year and also a Pac 10 game AZ or AZ St. I would like to check out my new stomping grounds next year(maybe)

3. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Yeah, I know that. There are unfortunately 3 in one division and 1 in the other, and if rip leaves after next year then it will be 3 and 0. I'm not sure if anything should be done about that.

Maybe highyella or Ravedown move to the West. Unless you guys want to duke it out just to get in the MAC championship every year. I don't think it's a huge deal. Any way we go will be fun, no doubt. It's up to those guys?

highyella, ravedown, shrike, riptides? any thoughts on this?

4. BDSDIGITAL

BDSDIGITAL One Time for your Mind

Week 12 would be perfect for the Kent St. ECU rematch. To be played in Kent.

5. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

UCF is open to play whomever

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Here are some matchups I'd like to see outside of Weeks 1 though 3. I think I finally found a good way to do this!

We need to figure out our user games before we talk about the other games you want. All MAC and C-USA members should try to schedule atleast one out of conference game.

Parrothead and myself should be shooting for three.

Anyway, here are the matchups:

Week 4 - Houston vs Ball State, (Ball State vs Purdue, if you want mult OOC games)
    Week 5 - Purdue vs Rice OR Bowling Green
    Week 7 - UCLA vs MAC
    Week 10 - Ball State vs Houston or UCF (if no Week 4 game)
    Week 11 - Tulsa vs Akron OR Bowling Green
    Week 12 - ECU vs Kent State (nice rematch)
    Week 13 - UCLA vs C-USA

Ball State vs Houston - could be a good rematch
    ECU vs Kent State - good rematch
    UCLA - If you took the Week 7 and 13 matchups + riptides that would give you three
    Purdue - I'd like to play max if he wants
    Tulsa vs Akron OR Bowling Green - I'd love to see either of these match ups!

thoughts?

Anything left over we will have no problem getting in during the first 3 weeks.

7. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

It's fine by me for UCLA. Houston has said he'd come to LA this year if I visit him at his new school next season, so that could cover the cUSA week. I'm willing to play any of the other MAC guys, too. Whatever fits in. Like to play Ball State as early as possible to crush his hopes and dreams of a national championship. :cool:

8. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Purdue-Rice... its on! want to play week 1? Whose house? Makes more sense that Rice would visit Purdue.. Want to start a home and home or what? I might be at a different school next year.

9. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

I can do Rice week 1 if you don't want to do Week 5. For sure.

Is anyone else interested in playing Purdue?

parrothead - york is actually already on your schedule for Week 3 if that works.

10. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Allow me to help out here....

Ill take Purdue, and UCLA wherever...Ole Miss @ home this year....and I keep getting calls from Boise St to play them again in Boise.

Sounds like winner to me!

11. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

Either one is fine Murk. You pick. Also, Id like to get a game against TCU or Baylor or Tech. Whichever one is ranked if any of them are. If not let me get a ranked Big12 team.

12. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

I want OU and OK St due to in state rivalry ties.

Outside of that, I don't care. I'd rather not have a user non-conf in week one or two though...I'll take whatever non-conf user matchup I get outside of those two weeks though.

13. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

When u say move do you mean pick another team or just like switch teams from East to West? Either way i dont mind , you can do whatever you like which makes it best for everyone.

Oh and i dont mind the week 11 vs tulsa

14. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Right now we have one team in the West and three in the East. I was saying for you, if you wanted, to move to the West. However, I don't think it is going to be an issue. It's what you guys want.

If it's not a big deal, let's not worry about it.

Jman how is week 11 vs Akron?

Let's go 1ke!!!

15. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Ill go to the west.

16. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

Yeah, I'll do week 11.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Okay, well figure it out quick. You can't take NIU or CMU for the same reasons Buffalo wasn't available.

- Toledo (1 star)
    - Western Michigan (1 star)
    - Eastern Michigan (1 star)

Or you can just stay with Akron..

18. 1ke

1ke D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

Lets go Murk....schedule it early....(TV time ya dig ;))

19. Highyella

Highyella Walk On

Well nvm, i thought u were just gonna swap a west team out with me.that custom conference bs.

20. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

haha...week 1 or 2..

I'm gonna try and get ND on my schedule and I know it was already for Week 1..

highyella...yeah, unfortunately you can't do that after you start the OD. That would be cool though.

21. The Shrike

The Shrike Colonel Thrillz

I'd say switch him over to the West, otherwise Ball State always gets to play for conference title while the other 3 have to compete for one spot

22. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

but he's leaving next year, and we're about to start. It's way too late now.

23. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Works for me

24. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Works for me (UCLA vs. USM). Like to see what my rebuilding year team can do against one of the perennially top offenses in the NCAA.

25. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

Okay, I've got it.

This will satisfy everyone's out of conference user game schedule..

Keep in mind this is all of what you guys asked for/agreed to (except UCF vs BG)..

Wk 1 - Ball State vs UCLA
    Wk 2 - Purdue vs Southern Miss
    Wk 3 - Houston vs UCLA
    Wk 5 - Purdue vs Rice
    Wk 11 - Tulsa vs Akron
    Wk 12 - ECU vs Kent State
    Wk 13 - UCLA vs Southern Miss

Wk 1,2,3, or 14 - UCF vs Bowling Green

additional games:
    Akron -
    Ball State -
    Bowling Green -
    Kent State - keep as is...Rutgers, Oklahoma, and Maryland
    Purdue - Notre Dame wk1, Central Michigan
    UCLA -
    ECU -
    Houston - Texas A&M, Texas, (Arizona or Arizona St)
    Southern Miss - Ole Miss, Boise State
    UCF -
    Rice - TCU or Baylor or Texas Tech
    Tulsa - Oklahoma and Oklahoma St

Keep posting any additional CPU games you want...