Scheduling Thoughts And Requests

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Archie Griffin, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Here we go. Schedules look good so far, but there are some holes. Here's the number of user games we have under the default setup:

("+" means school could play another, if they make a title game. Out of conference games in paranthesis)

Bama = 3+ (PSU)
    Clemson = 3+ (SCU)
    Florida = 4+ (FSU)
    FSU = 3+ (UF)
    GT = 2+ (ND?)
    Iowa = 2 (LSU?)
    LSU = 2+ (Iowa?)
    Miami = 3+ (OSU)
    ND = 0 (GT?, SCU?)
    OSU = 3 (Miami)
    PSU = 3 (Bama)
    SCU = 2+ (Clem, ND?)

Here are my thoughts so far:

I play three Big Tens every year, and I don't want to add a fourth. It really isn't done. So, my first thought is to send the defending champs into Baton Rouge for a night game. Then, I schedule SCU and GT (probably one home and one away). That leaves me with a gap. Now, sine GT and SCU are not expected to be rated really high, I'd like the last game I schedule to be a really tough one. I may get spanked by both SCU and GT, but I don't want the appearance of giving myself an easier road.

Any ideas? Volunteers?

I was thinking I could drop Purdue and play the champ instead, or play Bama maybe. (The idea being to give the best rated team a tougher road, and/or the champ a tougher road, yet keep it reasonable). But I'd be up for about anything.

Also, let me know who you want to replace FCS games with. If I can, I will.

I already have LSU down against Tulane. I used to go to that game. Shame it's not on the schedule already.

2. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I will play Iowa. I know I have Florida and Bama every year.

If you want to play them, go ahead. Dropping purdue would make most sense.

And thanks for working tulane in.

3. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

I'll take on LSU :) by the way sorry for not getting back on last night, Internet is still out. Hopefully it will be back up this afternoon so i can do my preseason stuff

4. TD351

TD351 Walk On

I know for sure that I want to replace my game vs MTSU (final game of season on current schedule) with another opponent- and I want to keep UGA as my reg season final game. Will play vs ND if you need me to but I don't want it to be my first game.

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

How many user-user games do you want us to have?

6. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm trying to keep schedules close to the real thing. For example, the CPU schedules a game for OSU AFTER the Michigan game. That's unheard of. GT-UGA is a final game. Clemson-SCU is a final game. Here's what I have so far:

("+" means school could play another, if they make a title game.)

Bama = 3+ (@PSU, @UF, LSU)
    Clemson = 3+ (@GT, FSU, @SCU)
    Florida = 4+ (Bama, @LSU, @SCU, FSU)
    FSU = 3+ (Miami, @Clemson, @UF)
    GT = 3+ (@Miami, Clemson, @ND)
    Iowa = 4 (@PSU, @LSU, ND)
    LSU = 3+ (Iowa, UF, @Bama)
    Miami = 3+ (OSU, @FSU, GT)
    ND = 3 (@SCU, @Iowa, GT) + Boise.
    OSU = 3 (@Miami, @PSU, Iowa)
    PSU = 3 (Bama, OSU, Iowa)
    SCU = 3+ (Clem, ND, UF)

Florida has a tough road without me touching a thing. Iowa was open when I was, so it was the easiest game to schedule. Now, as I see it, OSU has an advantage playing only three, as does Penn State - Iowa gets a tough road by design, and just because the schedule fell that way. I didn't exactly load myself up, but I played the games that seemed to fit the best.

Still, it's the guys on the sticks that do the deciding. Some squads may have ratings advantages here and there, but I'm guessing we're going to undo this kind of thinking as the season progresses.

Thoughts? (Keep in mind that rearranging is not a snap-of-the-fingers kind of thing. It takes some doing.)

Any suggestions for BCS busters? Want to schedule a few of these guys to keep Nevada out of the big one?

7. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Maybe replace MTSU with a bye and add a mid level CPU team on week1 and then ND can replace MTSU as my week 6 opponent if you can do that?

8. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'll see what I can do.

Also, I think I'm going to send Clemson to play on the Smurf Turf, and either bring Utah into my house (as is arranged for real, I think) or maybe bring in the Mormons. Not sure.

Ego - any objections to playing in Idaho? You had a B- schedule. I need to pump it up a tad.

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

I would play any BCS Buster except for Utah....I won't play them

10. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Cool- as long as I drop MTSU & FCS West from my schedule then I am good

Ooops- I meant to say replace "FCS West" for week6 - but I think you understood anyway:
    Corrected version: "Maybe replace MTSU with a bye and add a mid level CPU team on week1 and then ND can replace FCS West as my week 6 opponent if you can do that?"​

11. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

AG, playing Boise would be awesome. Any chance of making it my opening game? Only if it works out, of course. Don't stress it if you can't.

12. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm trying to sprinkle in the BCS busters.

CPU has no respect for the ACC this year - all their schedules are weak (according to the CPU) so I end up having to load up on OOC games to get a good mix. So far, I think Clemson is going to Boise, and FSu is hosting TCU in week 1. I'll get back to you guys later. My brain hurts.

13. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

ouch, @Penn State @LSU and @Ohio State....could be a rough year

14. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I'm not done with it just yet. Those three will probably stay, but I may go elsewhere with my schedule.

15. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I took the late game away, since UGA should end your season. I think we're hooked up for week 6, but things could still change.

I gotta get to campus. More this evening. I should be back by 8:30 or so, and we should be able to move to week one tonight.

16. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

If you can send nevada or TCU my way I would be happy. I think my 3 games are pretty stout user-user games...I have the defending champs on the schedule and they are all ranked #1, #2, and #3 overall.

Also how do I go 9-4 with a bowl win and drop a prestige star? Really?

17. bdub

bdub Walk On

I went 8 and 5 with a bowl win and did the same thing. I think if your a school who is tradinally one of the best teams you need to be competing for a MNC every year or you start dropping prestige.

18. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think it has to do with your goals. If you make the majority of them, you go up. If you don't, you drop. Hit 2 of 3 and you're good, I think. hit one and you might drop.

I only have 2 - win 10 and win it all. I think I stay put if I get one of two, which is what I did last year.

19. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

LSU / TCU play in real life (2013 I think is the real life game) but I'll start the TCU series this year. If the Iowa / LSU game can be week one that would be fun way to open the season. Anyway it shakes out, as long as I play Tulane I'll be happy :)

20. TD351

TD351 Walk On

Cool- and if you can get me in action on Week 1 I would greatly appreciate it after being gone for 4 days- don't want to sit thru a bye week!

21. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I heard there was a preset number of teams for each prestige level. To go up in prestige another team above you has to drop down. Determining if you go up in prestige is based on your record and your ranking in the final poll. I'm guessing you were ranked lower then a 5 star team that "stole" your prestige.

LSU went 9-4 as well but remained a 6 star prestige despite failing on all of our goals (win SEC and win National Championship). I think it was the #10 final poll ranking that saved us.

22. bdub

bdub Walk On

How did you lose 4 games and still manage a #10 ranking? The SEC is even overrated in this freaking game.

23. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I think he lost early and won late. If you're gonna drop games, do it early.

24. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Lost 4 of first 5 games (North Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee, Vandy with just a win over Miss State). This was before I took over the team. When I took over the team we entered the tough part of our schedule and I proceeded to beat a ranked Florida team, ranked Auburn team, ranked Alabama team, ranked Ole Miss team, and ranked Arkansas team then beat a ranked Michigan State team in my bowl game. Each of those teams was ranked in the top 20 when I played them.

25. bdub

bdub Walk On

SEC is still over rated :)