scheme

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by hoppedupford, Sep 7, 2012.

1. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

Not sure how the scheme set up on here works. Are you supposed to set your scheme to fit your players or to fit your style of play? I changed up my scheme to fit my players ratings but my over all team rating has not nor my players rating. I don't understand how my St can go from 91 rating to a 80 rating.

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

If you look at your player ratings and what the scheme values then you can tell. Just pick the position schemes you personally value in your players. The overall is worthless really, it is merely a guide. The player doesnt actually get any better or worse, it just rates the overall accordingly to what you value more in the position.

So if you have Tom Brady as your QB and he is a 99 pocket passer and you put your scheme as a scrambling QB or what have you, and he goes down to an 80, he actually isn't any worse, the overall just reflects what you value.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

As a coach set it to the type of player you want ... Basically your style of play. As you build your team look for higher overalls that correspond to that style. How it was told to me Overalls mean nothing this year your interst in players should directly relate to your scheme.

I have a LE who's a 83 ovr 3-4 runstopper 73 as a 4-3 run stopper and 81 as a balanced LE. That being said as a 3-4 run stopper his stats are better suited for it ie. block shedding, pursuit and tackling. If I ran a 3-4 he would hold more value for me in that scheme. Last year Overall was king this year we have to find players that fit our strengths and weaknesses as a play caller/coach more or less.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

On the phone I can't see new posts coming sorry if I repeated you.