Scholarship Limit Idea

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by JerzeyReign, Apr 7, 2011.

1. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Do y'all wanna get away from this setup but still keep it realistic? What I mean is that we get rid of the restriction and be allowed to use all 25 scholarships. We would have to find a way to reward the winner of the 'Betting Game', maybe allow them to have an extra 4 or 5 star? Pick their own OOC, maybe even allow them two cupcakes?

Suggested caps could be:

3 :5stars:
    :4stars: will be limited to school prestige times two. Clearer explanation:

6 star school capped at 12 :4stars:
    5 star school capped at 10 :4stars:
    4 star school capped at 8 :4stars:
    3 star school capped at 6 :4stars:
    2 star school capped at 4 :4stars:
    1 star school capped at 2 :4stars:

That way everyone can cut whoever while keeping realistic looking rosters and we're not hoarding talent. This is just an idea. I haven't had one in awhile so I'd figured I'd drop one:)

Edit: And this is only brought up due to some of y'all playing with cupcakes. This may help y'all build those up a little faster while keeping the 'big programs' in check. Honestly, we don't have a full 5 seasons left before '12 hits.

2. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Sorry but even if I dont recruit one 4 star this year. only being able to recruit (4) four stars would suck monkey balls...

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Your a two star? LMAO... sux 4 you bruh

• Like Like x 1
  4. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Look at the recruiting trail thread, you think being a two star is bad, look at my recruiting pitches

5. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

i like this except for being able to use the full 25.
    at least for the big programs.. i think the 5 and 6 stars should follow the 5 and 4 star limits along with the 70 roster limit and then let the lower prestige guys follow the limits but be able to use their entire 25.

i think if we do it your way then the big guys will only recruit 4 and 5 stars and then end up cutting any 3 stars that they have because the incoming players will be rated higher.

im fine with it either way jus throwing in my 2 cents

6. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

What boon says makes sense. What happened with archie's way?

7. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

Scholarships.! ............ Scholarships!............... Scholarships!.... We can't even win a game ...and You want me to think about scholarships limits...(in my Mora voice )..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coach_III

Coach_III DAWGS

9. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I get pretty nervous about the idea of using the full 25. The point made above is paramount... two concepts to consider:

1. - Preventing a few schools from hogging all of the elite talent [regardless of competing for it]
    2. - Definately avoiding situations where teams are cutting players they just recruited that a lesser team would have needed

I think my feelings are different if we are just talking about trying something new for the remainder of 11 and then making a decision again for 12.

10. Big-Bear-W

Big-Bear-W Walk On

I should clarify -

point 1 is dealt with by the restrictions on how many 5 or 4 stars can be signed
    point 2 is dealt with by the scholarship limit [i.e. recruit to 70]

both important, but point 2 is what really goes to fairness and "fun-ness"

11. Maximus21

Maximus21 BCS Chaos - Syracuse

I'd prefer to stick with the recruit to 70 limit also. It just makes sense to keep the talent spread out rather than potentially waste guys by having them get cut.

12. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i think it wouldnt be bad if we just had a 4 star limit, that would make guys have to recruit 3 star guys to fill roster and still recruit to 70 so no cuts

13. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Cap everybody at 12? That'll be 15 studs total. If you need 25 schollies that means you need to pull 10 3 stars, sounds right on paper. I don't know, I just like tossing ideas out there.

14. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

[​IMG]

Heres the 2011 recruiting class i pulled off Rivals.com. only 2 teams went over 15, also everyone recruits 3 stars. Maybe we should go 3 :5stars: and 10 :4stars:or any combination without going over your 5 star limit

• Like Like x 2
  15. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

I wish I wouldn't have erased that system we used at the end of NCAA '10. That system had us right around realistic.

16. Boondock3691

Boondock3691 Walk On

i like the 3 :5stars: and 10 :4stars:cap that DS proposed.

10 might even be a little high i think right around 6-8 :4stars:would be good as it requires you to go in and find some 3 :3stars:recruits for depth.