Score Whoring

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by UofCWildcat, Jul 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I just finished playing elk and in the last minute elk was going for blood and running up the score on me. I clearly wasn't calling timeouts so he could run the game out but he ran a toss for 6 then after i threw a pick he threw with less than :50 seconds left and then when i shut him down when trying to get in the endzone he hurried up and got a play off with :01 left and scored a touchdown. I don't know what anyone can do but I do think something needs to happen. Shaun Mason anything you wanna do action wise? I think this shows he needs to be on everyone's watch list that he is doing this.

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

As you can see he scored with :40 seconds left then the :00 left after it was a 59 to 3 game. I know the new game is about to drop but this is still something glaring about his character.

3. IrishBearcat

IrishBearcat tFC OD Commissioner

GG to you too sir!

With 4 people left I'm really not taking this final season very seriously. On the other hand, your fake punting, late pitches, hurry up without the clock being under 2 minutes or the 4th quarter, etc. etc. was lame. If you're going to play down to the last second, then I'm going to as well buddy. I'm not going to bother saving highlights, PMing people, etc. etc. because you were handling the blowout as bad sport.

I'd shape up, or you won't be sticking with us very long for '12.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Every late pitch that accidentally happened i stopped and got tackled. And my fake punt was when i was down by 2 scores in the 2nd quarter. Aka when it was competitive. And hurrying up with the clock under two minutes in the 2nd quarter is acceptable from what I recall. I've done NOTHING wrong to be threatened to be kicked out. Please explain further what I've done to deserve a "Shape up" comment?

5. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  6. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Look, I've never had a dynasty with brothers in it. There is a reason my brother doesn't play in my leagues. I don't want to have to split you two up, but if you two can't behave like TSO members first and brothers who are pissy second, I will be forced to.

Both of you are in the wrong here. Period. Bringing your personal beef to the forums isn't how we deal with things around here.

1. Irish, I expect more from you than this.
    2. UofC, I don't believe that this wasn't provoked somehow. I am the oldest of 3 brothers, I know how this shit gets out of hands.

Either hug and make up, or I'll find a new league for UofC.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I will not provoke it (which i really have no idea how i did this situation except play a game). I just don't know how to stop this. He's the commish so i can't go complain to the commish and with him threatening to kick me out for no reason but playing a game to the best of my ability, I'm at a loss. I'm just gonna do what I do, play NCAA. But i am just saying his response of doing what he did and then threatening to kick me for bringing it to attention is scary. I've been in LV since it's birth and I'm not trying to leave or get kicked. But I don't want this happening in the new game and getting sent into a whirlwind of a mess. I'd rather lose 52-3 and then shut up and walk away then get 14 added on for no reason when he should of kneed it out.

9. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    PM me your side of the story.

10. IrishBearcat

I'm not sure what your referring to when you say "UofC, I don't believe THIS wasn't provoked."

His complaint is about me "stat whoring" during the last 40 seconds. If he didn't want to throw 2 picks and not tackle under a minute, then he should've just ended the game with a very useful play: QB Kneel.

I was up 31-0 at halftime. The game was over. On top of it he goes into cheese mode to try and get on the board. His only points were on a drive when he called a fake punt from the 20 yard line on 4th and 1. I called a base defense because I knew he was going to fake it based on his gameplay.

I have no beef here. His beef is the "stat whoring" in the last 40 seconds. He had the ball before with :44 seconds and could've ended the game, but no. Interception #5, and interception #6 weren't enough to make him realize the game was over, even down 3-59. Everyone needs to lose with grace just as they win with grace, when games are over run the football and take knees to get out ASAP.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    You could have shown restraint, let's not act like you are innocent in this.

You are supposed to be the role model for the league, if fuzzy did this to UofC, you would have something to say about it.

12. IrishBearcat

If you expect me to knee it when it's over, then I expect the same from you. If you are playing competitively, then I will play competitively. My job isn't to go ultra conservative and let you march down the field to get some garbage points.

13. IrishBearcat

I understand I'm held to higher expectation. What's the TSO rule on this? If you're opponent is breaking out his entire arsenal late in a game down a huge deficit (throw verts, late option pitches, etc. etc.) you're supposed to kindly kneel for them and get them out of the game?

It just seems very hypocritical to pull out all the stops late in a game that you've been trailing by 31+ for 3 quarters and then expect your opponent to kneel the football. If you expect your opponent to play like the game is over, then you should be playing as the game is over yourself.

I didn't come out in 5 WR after I picked him off twice. I ran out of the I-formation. I didn't do it for glory, to get an advantage, or anything like that. The game improved me to 12-0 in an OD with only 3 users (including myself) remaining that are playing. I did it more to teach him a lesson, that sometimes you gotta learn when to run it up the middle/take a knee.

It won't happen in the future, but I think the bigger problem is the stuff UofCWildcat did that COULD affect the outcome of a football game. Late pitches, hurrying up with over 2 minutes (not 4th quarter), rolling out continuously, etc. etc. should get more attention.

I won't be "stat whoring" (which Idk how you can call someone out for stat whoring when you're trying to get garbage points late - hypocrite much?) anymore. I expect my opponent to kneel when he has the ball under two minutes down +5 touchdowns next time.

14. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    So, your the commish, deal with your members not playing in a sim way.

Responding by coaching him up is what I expect, not running it up.

• Like Like x 1
  15. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I agree that both of you could handle this better.

16. IrishBearcat

It's sad that I'm having to deal with this in the LAST season, and he isn't making this about gameplay - he's making it about a personal beef. It's not a matter of coaching him up, he knows how to play football and has had zero problems with it in the past. This was calculated, and there's nothing to inform him of besides that it is unacceptable and if he doesn't play like TSO expects he won't be playing in our league in the future.

17. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

I'm telling mom on you two

• Like Like x 1
  18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Again. Like i told Shaun. I stopped when pitching the ball late. I only hurried up with 2:00 in the 2nd (which is allowed). My "roll-outs" were due to you taking your linebacker off the edge so i had to get out. I was feeling too much pressure. Teams do do this in real life. I handled this wrong yes, but I did nothing wrong in the gameplay dynamic.

19. IrishBearcat

Had this been any other season, this wouldn't have happened. I knew why he was doing it, and it was during a season where only 3 users played the majority and it was a lot less serious. That was my quicker way to send a message instead of having to create a big blowup under a week before '12 drops in a season that was not very serious at all.

He played with anger, and was doing anything he could to score points and rack up yardage. Even doing this I stopped, stuffed, and sniffed out everything. His frustration grew during the game and I got fed up. I apologize for the 14 points, it wasn't right, but simply explaining where I'm coming from. I wasn't thinking YAAA BUDDDY I can rack up extra points for stats!

20. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

I wasn't going to say anything, but sue me; Irish there is absolutely 0 reasons to score 66 points on a user when you are up 40+. That is completely against TSO guidelines, and I don't give a damn if he was trying to score- he was down 50 of course he is going to try to fucking score.

• Like Like x 1
  21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Thank you... Getting attacked for trying to put a touchdown on the board is ridiculous to accuse me of.

22. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

However, you are in the wrong as well for going public with it like this... notice how many people are viewing this hahaha

23. IrishBearcat

You weren't running out of bounds or stopping, you simply got tackled by GREAT plays by me even when you tried to cheese when you were stopped. These weren't close pitches, INCREDIBLY late pitches. Pitches with him tackled but pitches it while lying on the ground.

I've had zero complaints about my gameplay. Now I'm being called a stat whore and having to deal with this after he played like a cheseball and took the fun out of the game. I won't be dealing with this come '12. If you can't shape up, then Shaun will have to move you.

24. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I know... I apologize for that. I was just getting it out there then realized how bad and viral it got.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    Alright, this thread is over.

If you two can't resolve this, I will.:)

Give each other a hug and move on. I wish my brothers were close enough for me to play NCAA with. Take advantage of it while you can.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.