Scores

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Scores

This year I think we need WAY fewer 60-70 point scores.

I know that certain people are playing nothing but scrubs so far and that has led to the 60+ point games. I want to see that drop significantly in conference play. I know the game isn't challenging for everybody because some of us are either just 1) gifted like that or 2) lab the hell outta the game, or 3) both (perfect storm) either way there's an issue there. You won't get any awards for leading the league in scoring, I promise.

The conservative game plan really does slow the game down and helps the scores look o.k. Oregon State yesterday just blew ass. They were missing Jacquieef Rogers and their backup presented no threat. It was 35-7 or 35-0 at halftime I'm not sure which and just by taking Locker out midway through the third, and setting it to conservative, I kept it to 52-7 easily.

Even that might have been a tad high as I threw one extra Locker TD than I really needed.... But who's to say on that. After the last two weeks I wasn't taking any chances.

To be clear, most everybody is either being challenged by the new sliders or keeping the score down and I appreciate that... Let's have the 60+ scores be a once or twice a season thing until we have an offense like the '08 Sooners.... :)

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

The only game I have come close to that with UCLA was against good ole Wazzu.

Then my wife blew my house up with her hair dryer.

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

As long as the fcs team are off the schedule I won't be posting scores like that

4. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

yeah i think because we didn't do custom schedules they were pretty light this season. i mean we had folks playing FCS teams in week three.

plus i don't know if you guys continued it last year, but will we be doing rotating games against the powerhouses in Big 12, SEC and ACC? that'll help a bunch too adding non-conference games against Bama, Florida, Texas, UNC, etc.

5. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Just put up 61 on Northwestern. Forced 6 turnovers in the rain and returned two fumbles for touchdowns. Also their punter was horrible as it seamed as though he kick it straight out of bounds everytime making it easier to put points on the board. Far cry from the battle I had with Michigan a few weeks ago. We'll see what undefeated Iowa has next week......

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Iowa is no longer undefeated.