Scoring Fairness...

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Jon Carroll, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Jon Carroll

Jon Carroll Walk On

Mar 26, 2011
    I just wanted to find out how this is going to work. This is my first season on the tour and with people admitting that this warm up tournament wasn't run as smoothly and efficiently as the actual thing, i was just seeking a little clarification.

Someone raised in the "live weather" post that it's not feasible to expect everyone to be able to play 1 round a day for 4 days, thus some people will be playing 2 or 3 rounds in one day. Which i totally agree with and accept.

However, with everyone posting their scores into one thread it's quite possible that someone is going to be playing their 2nd or 3rd round, knowing someone elses final round score, which can be a massive advantage. For example, if i know that Dubya is one of the better players ( which he is ) and he finishes -6 through 4 rounds, and im -2 through 2 rounds... i have a massive advantage if i know this information - if you follow me.

I guess what im saying is, would it not be better for all involved if we could post our scores to someone ( one of the league admins ) who then in turns posts peoples round scores after a certain time. That way, nobody has the advantage of possibly knowing information that will cause them to be able to gain an advantage. Alternatively, is their not a way we should be concealing peoples round scores if they are submitting ahead of schedule.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. gigemaggs99

gigemaggs99 Walk On

Mar 22, 2011
    I think this is a good idea. Perhaps if we are going to play 4 rounds and there is a deadline for each round then they can be posted after their deadline.

I.E. rd 1 is due by Friday, then ALL the rd 1 scores will be posted at the same time.
    • Like Like x 1