Scouting Report: Bl0ndeRedHead

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by nikpin, Aug 9, 2010.

1. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

Apr 14, 2010
    Scouting Report: Bl0ndeRedHead

Forgot to see what playbook he was running but I'm going to assume it was some sort of pro style.

Offense: His favorite formations were I but ran a decent amount of Ace with some shotgun sprinkled in when he got behind or in an extreme passing situation. Liked to run dive's and powers from I-Form and Strong-I and was very effective doing so. Primarily ran to the strong side of the formation but he did catch me by uprise with a counter or toss to the weak side several times. Liked to throw to his TE in the passing game but he was hurt in the second quarter. Liked curl route's and crossing routes. Didn't throw to the outside WR's much except on curl routes. Overall he kept me on my toes and his playcalling wasn't predictable at all.

Defense: Ran a bit of everything. I saw 4-3, 4-6, 4-4, 3-3-5, nickel and dime that I remember. Mixed up zones, man and blitzing. Really have nothing helpful to add here...
  2. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Jun 27, 2010
    The game was real laggy so it was hard to get any kind of rhythm. It was also pouring rain so that may have affected playcalling.

Offensively, he ran mostly I stuff and powered it down my throat. Had a hard time stopping it.

Defensively, it was mostly man. Mixed in blitzing with pretty good success against me. His d line was good enough to stop my inside run game from the spread. I probably should've got in the I and tried to pound it inside.
  3. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

Jul 10, 2009
    Offensively-ran a Power run play 60% of the time. When throwing, he tries to get the ball to a WR on a crossing route the majority of the time. Mixed other things in to but that was pretty much his m.o. Run a power play on 1st and 2nd down and try to throw to the sticks on 3rd down.

Defensively-pretty conservative with a good mix of man and zone. I did burn him on a weird blitz, I think it was a zone blitz that brought 6 or 7 and covered the flats and 2 midfield zones. So that shows you he may sprinkle in some unorthodox blitzes. He usered his DT and wasn't all that successful.