Scouting Report: Xtreme Snoopy (ULL)

Discussion in 'The Dirty Dozen' started by Full Moon Fever, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Full Moon Fever

Full Moon Fever Champion of Standards

Scouting Report: Xtreme Snoopy (ULL)

Solid player, beat me 52-49 so I saw quite a bit of his offense.

I've slept since the game, but from what I remember,

They have a good RB and he likes to bounce it outside, seemed like he preferred his right side and he turned the corner several times for big hunks of yardage no matter what defense I tried.

If you are going to run a zone, make sure you cover the sidelines. I got ripped on a couple of 3rd downs with a play action pass that hit a receiver (may have even been a RB, I'm not entirely sure and I didn't see a replay) streaking down the left hand side. He also likes deep crossing routes over the middle. Hard to defend with a linebacker chasing an inside receiver so you need to get good pressure on the quarterback. Well timed blitzes can be somewhat effective, but you'll be screwed if it's a toss play so be careful.

In short yardage situations, it was always a run play.

I don't remember any screens or draws being run.

I don't remember what offensive playbook he used

Defensively, he ran mostly 5 db sets. I was able to gash him for some pretty big runs (see dynastywire story for some of the highlights) inside the tackles and outside as well. Probably should have kept the ball on the ground more than I did, but I get an itch to pass. Two stupid picks cost me dearly. Threw one for a pick 6 to start the 3rd quarter and threw another one in the endzone.

Special teams wise, he's very good at KO returns. I'd kick it in the middle because every time I kicked it to either side he was dangerous. Returned one deep into my territory and I thought he was gone until I had a fast defender show up out of nowhere to knock him out of bounds.

Overall a solid player and I had a good time playing him. The game was a track meet. I had over 800 yards of offense, but 2 turnovers. He had 600 yards of offense and no turnovers.

2. DirtycashDylan

DirtycashDylan I came here to scheme and chew bubblegum...

I agree with what CenTechsan said except Snoopy ran 3-4 on early downs versus the heavy sets I rolled out there.

Also, Snoopy wasn't afraid to throw it deep on me if I was focusing on the run.

3. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I'll add to the snoopy scouting report. I played him as Washington State vs UCLA.

He ran primarily 3-4 on defense but would mix in a 5-2 when I would go really heavy or a nickel or dime when I would go 4-5 wide. He ran probably 80-20/70-30 man to zone. Did a good job of mixing the blitz vs coverage as I never knew when the pressure was coming.

On offense he seemed to either get sacked when I blitzed or hit me for a huge play. He took advantage of a mismatch on a short CB with a tall WR and hit him deep several times. Seemed to recognize when my corners had no help and exploited it. Also effectively ran the ball against me mainly running outside. He did a good job of mixing run pass as I didn't notice him running on every short yardage situation or every 1st down.

Game was a track meet with a 38-35 finish.

4. Full Moon Fever

He beat me 77-62 in a game where nobody could play any defense and my receivers just dropped a couple of third down balls. Defensively he was mostly in a dime or 3-2-6 against my 4wr sets. I was able to gash him with a lot of big runs up the middle. You'll get a ton of tight press coverage, and I found that keeping the hb in to block usually gave me plenty of time to find receivers.

Defensively, he shredded every zone I tried and the only time I was able to force a punt was when I manned up and brought pressure. Running plays were almost always bounced outside. Prefers to pass even with a stud hb. Solid player.

5. Full Moon Fever

Also, something to add. I don't know why, and I'm certainly not trying to accuse snoopy of doing anything wrong, but the personnel screen was always f'ed when I played him. It would say 3 wr, 2 rb's most times, and it would be a 4 wide or 5 wide set. It really pissed me off because when I see 2 backs, I'm going to have linebackers in there. And then a 5 wide just torches me. Wouldn't have stopped him anyway, but it was frustrating. So keep that in mind.

6. xtreme snoopy

xtreme snoopy H4Y - Ragin' Cajuns

My 5th WR (and maybe my 6th, not too many WR's on the roster) are RBs so that was probably the source of confusion. sometimes you'll notice ppl with CBs in which would be the same situation.

7. Full Moon Fever

Yeah, it's just that CB's I know are going to be playing receiver. Like I said, it wouldn't have mattered anyway and I certainly don't think you're trying to be deceitful about anything, just wanting others to know.