Scouting Reports - USC and Penn St

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

OK guys, here is your chance to help (or hurt) the team of your choice in the BCS title game. Feel free to post any insights or pointers you want to give out based upon your experiences vs these two teams.

I'll give whygodwhy1111 a tip - don't leave your corners in one on one coverage on the outside or you just might get 'Butler-ized'.;)

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Stop the long ball to Butler and Woods, keep Baxter inside the tackles and you can force Barkley to do what he doesnt want to do...throw the ball over the middle. Keep in mind though I lost 35-0, so I really have no idea. It helps if you have an O-Line that can block, which I assume Penn State has. Stay away from Dagby I think his name is (CB). He closes on alot of balls where you think your WR is open.

Havent played whygod this version, but in previous versions, you gotta take his TE's out of the passing game somehow. Stopping those guys and the run is key.

Whoever forces the other guy to pass more is gonna win. Pretty much universal across NCAA 12 which is unfortunate thus far. Hoping once we get to our recruits playing, we'll have more of a balance of run and pass.

Good luck guys!

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

I think you are referring to USC's mighty-mite CB Nigel Robey, who is 5'8" of pure beast mode.

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Its a two man show in Happy Valley. Silas Redd and Derek Moye tear offenses apart. With Silas its all about keeping outside contain. He is not afraid to stretch you all the way to the sidelines if he doesn't have a hole inside. Don't get me wrong, if the inside is there he will take it, but if there is a cluster, he darts for the sideline. Moye can run ANY route. A truly talented route runner that will go inside, outside, deep, short, whatever. A great pair of hands in traffic as well. Penn State has been rather passive on the defensive end this year not applying much pressure on opposing QBs. Their LBs are absolute go getters though taking great pursuit angles to the ball to minimize any damage that may have been caused up front. They also have a quick set of DBs that may be able to keep up with the likes of Mr. Butler. It should be a great game and i wish i could watch it all unfold.

5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I knew it was a by ending but yes thats who im referring to