Scouting Reports?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Dru50, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Scouting Reports?

It looks like I will play either Texas or Nebraska in a bowl game, and there are no scouting reports for either player? What is up with that? Actually, there are hardly any scouting reports for ANY of the Big 12 user controlled schools. I would appreciate someone from the Big 12 posting something that would aid in preparation for potential opponents of those schools.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Nebraska is awesome. You should just forfeit. lol

3. Dru50

Well Yates won't see the field so that gives me a chance at least. If TJ played, you'd likely get 12 INT's and beat me by 50.

4. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Just another reason the ACC is much better

5. Dru50

True enough I suppose. Maybe the acc teams should quit doing them from here on out, no sense giving extra intel to the enemy.

6. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

You aren't required by any means to do them every game, but it's nice to have.

best person to ask would be Huronia since he just played them

7. Dru50

My mistake then, I had thought that the scouting reports were supposed to be completed prior to your opponents next user game (ie - I thought they were required).

No worries, I have played Dakota in another dynasty so I have an idea what to expect. His team is more talented than mine so I'll have to hope for some big plays by my defense in order to have a chance.

But it's good to know that the scouting reports are not required, that way I won't worry about writing them up going forward.

8. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

They aren't difficult to write. It takes 2 minutes tops.

9. Dru50

I agree, I just don't think it's equitable for some to write them when others aren't going to. Gives certain people an unfair disadvantage. JMO.

10. dakota7

In defense of the Big 12, Nebraska just played its first 2 user games...season finale and Big 12 championship (yesterday) I didnt write the scouting report on Colorado until over the weekend and haven't gotten to OSU's yet. We also had three different users in the North with 3 different teams.......I'm just saying..

11. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

exactly..

12. dharvey09

dharvey09 Walk On

Just write them people it doesn't take long

13. Dru50

Yeah, but that doesn't explain why Texas and Oklahoma State (who played no later than mid season) never wrote up a scouting report on each other, as an example.

My point was, as Murk said, that writing one of these scouting reports takes about 2 minutes, and the ACC teams have been doing them pretty regularly and most of the Big 12 teams have maybe one written for them when most played at least 3 user games.

Last I will say about it, moving on now.

14. Dru50

On a side note, the user vs user schedule was really unbalanced this year. Dakota/SPatin only played 2 (including the conference title games), while most people played 3 in the regular season and I for example played 5 (not including the bowl game). Only having 1 conference regular season user game virtually guarantees that person a spot in their title game at year end.

Murk, is there any way to balance that out by scheduling out of conference user games for the people who may have very few due to conference scheduling quirks? Just a thought for next season.

15. dakota7

I think murk just left the schedule the way it was, you got what you got. I took the od offline, and next year my last 5 games are all user conference games...lucky me. Its gonna even out.

16. Dru50

Fine with me if we leave the schedules as is, I think next year I will only have 3 user conference games while others will have more. I just thought it would even the schedules out and also allow for some ACC/Big 12 rivalry's to develop. I think the only cross conference game was our matchup in the bowl.

17. MurkYa21

MurkYa21 Walk On

That's because we had about 5 people quit, and actually SPatin played one of those guys who quit.

We will take schedule requests this season, but I always think it's best to keep them as is for season 1. Because people quit, as we saw.