Scouting Reports

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Pac12Leader, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

This will add a little more competition to this league by doing this because everyone would know a little bit about the opponent that they will be facing. So, if you would like to post a little something about the opponents that you face, then you may do so here.

Let's try to keep this clean and fun, this is not a forum to bash your opponent.

For example

North Carolina Coach

Offensively he likes to run the ball on first down, but he will abandon the run quickly. His favorite formation offensively is to run with 4 WR's and have them cross in the middle of the field. On third downs his go to play is the play action to the tight end.

Defensively his base defense is a 3-4 and he likes to blitz the outside linebacker. He likes to play with the free safety and keep the play in front of him, but he will bite on play action and you can hit him over the top.

2. BertaMan9

BertaMan9 Walk On

LSU - Big Suge Knight

Being a fellow Michigan fan, I will not give LSU's prized secrets away (if I knew them). He passing offense led by Brad Bass is pretty impressive. He has two outstanding wideouts that he moves into different WR packages in order to isolate them against LB's and Safeties. He does this well as both Rueben Randle (6, 106, 2TD) and Chris Tolliver (7, 103, 1TD) did some serious damage catching balls from Brad Bass. He was not able to run the ball very effectively against me.

The LSU Defense is a force year in and year out. He was in mostly nickel and dime in an attempt to match-up across the board with your WR's. This allows for the run to open up.

Good luck against him, as I expect him to finish in the Top 5 and be in the SEC Championship game.

3. jcbarr

jcbarr Walk On

KSU

Guy really likes to throw the ball around. If you play the right coverages you can force him in to some mistakes with some good pressure and a little bit of smarts. Switch up your coverage and certainly bring a LB or a few to force him to make quick reads. I was able to force 4 picks.

You must convert in the red zone. I got down there quite a few times. Once I got picked off and two other times I came away with FGs. You must take advantage of turnovers because he is going to move the ball and he will score points.

His running game is somewhat forgotten at times but when he needs to he can really turn it on to run out the clock at the end of the game.