Scouting Reports

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by gwill, Jul 17, 2011.

1. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

This thread is for scouting reports after user v. user games. Clay can this thread be stickied?

2. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

no scouting reports yet huh? I guess this idea just isn't going to stick with this league.

3. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I'll sticky it. Let's get some User vs. User scouting reports up guys.

4. gwill

User: C Young
    Team: USC
    Game: Week 1

Offense: Definitely pass first and uses that to set up the run. The deep ball utilised often, and the receivers are good enough to burn you. Will pass in every situation, so just b/c it's 2nd and 3 you should expect pass. Utilises the draw very well to keep you honest. The Trojan running game is good enough to hurt you if focus solely on stopping the pass. The key to derailing the Trojan offense is forcing turnovers. Disguising coverages and making them uncomfortable is crucial, otherwise expect a shootout and hope to have the ball last.

Defense: Runs 4-2-5. Brings pressure a lot; mostly from the safety position so take your chances with the deep ball. Patience and taking what they give is key. Running the ball against them was very sucessful. If want to be sucecessful, dance with the girl that brought you (i.e. go with what works). If you should force turnovers, scoring is critical or moving the ball on a time consuming drive is critical.

Overall: Great game, great finish, and was fun. Would play again.

5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

User: Cocky Marine
    Team: University of South Carolina
    Game: Week 2

Offense: Due to the nature of our game I can't take much away from his offense, but can give you the secret to stopping it. Hurt his top 2 RBs and his QB.

Defense: Mixed his defense up well early, but was able to beat him in the air for few big plays. He has trouble covering your outside receiver if you run him deep and out of bounds. :) Not much I can truly take from this game scouting wise.

6. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

User: BigKing
    Team: Florida State

Offense: Has speedy receivers and will catch you off guard with a long pass from time to time. Especially when you are playing as a safety. His HB would have been held for only 100 yards if it werent for one big play. Pretty much likes to run it and catch you off guard with a long pass or two.

Defense: Very physical and obviously hits hard. His number one CB held one of the nations best receivers in check pretty much the entire game. My receivers could never catch a long ball. I was very successful with short passes and screens all game. Defensive line very heavy and gave my offensive line hell all game. Secondary like I said earlier is very well coached. This defense is good.

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

User: xassassin4lifex
    Team: Georgia

Offense: assassin users a good mix of the run and pass. UGA has a good running game and is capable of taking it to the house at anytime. assassin is susseptible to the INT. He threw a couple early in this game, putting him behind early and possibly causing him to press too much. Not too much else to talk about, as the Clemson D pretty much shut down UGA's offense.

Defense: assassin usually plays as a LB and allows his CPU to cover recievers. He is aggressive at stopping the run which leaves some room for passing plays and screens. Clemson found some openings in the flats and flags in this game.

Overall, a great sim player and it was a fun game.

8. C Young

C Young Walk On

User: G Will
    Team:
    OSU
    Game: Week 1

Offense: Runs a pretty standard offense. Definitely burned me on the run all game, has nice vision in between the tackles. With an inexperienced QB behind center, blitzing alot seemed to rattle the QB. Had a couple deep passes on my secondary, but for the most part kept it consistent with medium-range passes. Either he has a solid return game or my return D sucks, but he consistently returned my kickoffs to the 30ish yard line and even took one to the house. Clutch player, needed to score with less than a minute to go with me up a touchdown, and he did it with ease - you have to really put him away.

Defense: Honestly I think he ran a 4-3, but I guess I took too long to post this b/c I cant really remember. Mixes up blitzes well and picked me off 3 times. Definitely need to mix up your run - pass ratio because he will adapt quickly to your style, luckily I was able to burn him a couple of times with my speedy wideouts. Controls the safety, and roves the middle of the field hoping to cut off your passing game - but still has quality run defense. Had to run the ball in passing formations to keep him guessing.​

Overall: Awesome game, stellar finish - tough opponent.​

9. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

User: Magoo
    Team: Ala
    Game: Week 3

Offense:
    Runs a power offense. Good mix of run and pass. Definitely wants to bang away with Trent Richardson. He's a beast, so thats mos def a good strategy. I came in with a solid game plan so he couldn't really establish no consistency on offense. Mixed up my coverages so he couldn't get a solid read of my strategy. Forced him into 4 interceptions. His QB doesn't have the strongest arm, so react fast and hit em. He had 1 solid drive of about 65 yards of banging away with Richardson, other than that drive, he probably didn't have 100 total offensive yards. Alabama is good so any mistakes and you will get burned. Also, he likes to wait for his passing plays to develop, so he can get sacked or forced into bad throws, mainly crossing routes.

Defense:
    Once again, Alabama is a strong team without any flaws. You absolutely cannot turn the ball over. I had a fumble and he took it to the house, thats what actually kept him in the game. the defense is fast and never out of position. I was able to hit my tight end a little. He kept me in third down, often. But we were able to execute on a number of third downs. Had to max protect to get any time to throw. Didn't try anything deep as there is not enough time. Had success with medium routes. Was also able to run more effectively than he could on me. I think I had a 100 yards. If you mix up your play-calling you can keep him off balance. He played a lot of 5 lineman fronts to stop my running game. So take from that what you will. If you don't turn it over, he can be beat!

Overall:
    Nice boring game. Penn State style. He's good. Would play again IN THE FUTURE. I didn't like how downplayed my victory, but he's solid. Good sim style. No complaints. Nothing unreal. He will definitely beat on a less than stellar opponent!!!

10. gwill

eberdeeber Do you have a Oregon scouting report?

11. BigKing

Looks like Gwill is nervous that his streak is about to end.

12. gwill

Not nervous, just want to be prepared that's all.

13. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

User: Gwill
    Team: OSU
    Game: Week 3

Offense: Runs a standard Pro-style offense for the most part, is good at running and passing on off downs which kept me guessing the whole game on what he was going to do. Struggled a bit with my 3-4 sets, but I am not sure if that was the set or my defensive calls. Not afraid to take shots deep so you have to keep your safeties back in support or he will burn you. Very good in short yardage situations, I was only able to get one stop on 3rd and less than 2. Smart with his playaction as well, caught me out of position a couple times for decent gains.

Defense: Is very adept at stopping the inside run, but I was able to get a couple big gains on runs to the outside. His defense inside the 10 yard line is incredible. I went from a first and goal on the one to fourth and goal on the 6. Has good pass coverage, but can be beat deep at times. I was able to get some nice gains with misdirection runs and overall my run game was pretty successful.

Overall: One of the best games of NCAA I have ever played, was an offensive nightmare trying to gain yards against him.

14. eberdeeber

eberdeeber Walk On

Gwill, I know this is late but I am sorry that I didn't get you a post scouting report. Will be more on the ball with these posts.

15. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I am at fault with this myself. Are we going to keep doing the scouting report? I know clay hates sticking more and more things but itll be so much easier to find and i think itll help people be more involved in the scouting report. it doesnt matter i guess. Its just that NOBODY did a scouting report against Oregon for me to look at. like i said i have been guilty about not doing them also. owell.

16. BigKing

My advice, try to slow down his running game and don't turn the ball over. Good Luck.

17. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

on the bright side, the only one on you was BigKings and I haven't injured anyones players all year so it isn't helpful lol

18. gwill

I got you. I'll have one posted later.

19. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

appreciate it guys.