1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

scouting

Discussion in 'The Longest Yard' started by Randiesel75, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I am curious what the other coaches are doing throughout the season as far as scouting. Are you scouting during the season (weekly or sporadic) or accumulating for the off-season.

Personally, the New York Jets approach has been to save all scouting points until the off-season. I figured once the season is over I would sit down, evaluate my needs and setup my draft board.

What are you doing?

2. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I havent even touched it. Not even sure how it works yet. Gonna have to start diving in seeing as we are only a month away from ending the season!

3. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm scouting a guys overall each week. I figure I'll have a relatively high pick, so I'm going down the list. I have needs everywhere, so except for HB, I'm scouting every position. I will admit, your plan seems much better than mine.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

How many points can you accumulate? Does it cut off or just keep going?

5. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

It accumulates all the way through to the week before the draft.

6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I am scouting every week or two and trying to scout as many players as possible. Then once we get closer to the draft my plan is to target some guys I like and scout there development potential. Plus I am hoping to do a mock draft and having some guys scouted ahead of time will help.

7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

I used to scout every week, but then I realized I have no idea where I'll be drafting and I was somewhat wasting points on guys I may not draft. Plus, the pre-season was not enough time for me to really evaluate my roster.

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Thank you

9. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

i do it every few weeks.. i only scouted about 5 players though.

10. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I was doing it each week, but I will be letting accumulate from here on out.

11. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

I've been scouting each week as well. I think I might let the points stack from now on.