Scouts Inc. Top 10 for the 2012 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by I Peench, Apr 20, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]

CB De’Joshua Pearson
    Miami
    Scouts Grade: 99
    [​IMG]

Scouting report: To the surprise of many, our highest rated prospect. Pearson doesn’t have elite speed, but has exceptional instincts and quickness to compensate for that. Can lock down a man better than any college CB we’ve seen…ever. He has fantastic hands that he never gets to display, because nobody in the ACC threw anywhere near him. Good size at 6'1.

Draft outlook: Should be and will be a top 5 pick.

Reminds us of: Charles Woodson

HB Hassan McDonald
    TCU
    Scouts Grade: 99
    [​IMG]
    Scouting report: Quite simply, McDonald is the most elite HB to come out of college since Adrian Peterson. He’s got it all: size, strength, speed, vision and intangibles. He catches the ball very well out of the backfield, and is lethal in space. McDonald rarely fumbles, but does have a history with minor injuries. In his junior season, McDonald racked up an incredible 3,000 all purpose yards.

Draft outlook: Despite his talent, McDonald could fall out of the top 10. His injury concerns, although not severe, are an issue. Additionally, halfbacks have been devalued of late in the TMFL.

Reminds us of: Adrian Peterson

MLB Curry Donaldson
    SMU
    Scouts Grade: 98
    [​IMG]
    Scouting report: Tackling machine at SMU, racking up 152 during his senior season. 1st team All American who has exceptional burst and instincts. Donaldson is good in coverage as well, picking off 9 balls during his tenure at SMU. Minimal health concerns. As complete a player as there is in this draft.

Draft outlook: Top 5 lock

Reminds us of: Jon Beason

OT Conor Ellis
    Alabama
    Scouts grade: 97
    [​IMG]
    Scouting report: Strong, massive human being. Ellis was outstanding in his 4 years in Tuscaloosa. He is a top flight tackle prospect, with very few holes in his game. Good run block, pass block, and great feet with decent athleticism. The biggest question mark regarding Ellis is his position. RT or LT? Some believe he doesn’t translate to the blind side, including this talent evaluator.

Draft outlook: I think he falls outside of the top ten, landing in between 10-20. Tackles aren’t at a premium in this league, and his inability to convince scouts he’s an elite LT is an issue.

Reminds us of: Jeff Otah

DE Antwan Campbell
    Penn State
    Scouts Grade: 97
    [​IMG]
    Scouting report: An explosive athlete, Campbell dominated a Big 10 full of monster offensive tackles. He has phenomenal quickness and block shedding ability, Campbell utilizes the spin move often, and is sensational with it. His main area of concern is his size and ability to defend the run. He is an elite pass rusher though, and is valued as such.

Draft outlook: No way he falls past Seattle at 9. Likely a top 5 pick. Rumor has it, he will be tough to sign.

Reminds us of: Robert Mathis

FS Travonne Young
    Vanderbilt
    Scouts Grade: 96
    [​IMG]
    Scouting report: Young is an exceptionally well rounded FS out of Vanderbilt. In a conference full of defensive studs, none shined brighter than Young. In his senior season, Young was named AP 1st team all American and SEC Defensive player of the year. He has a quick burst and does well in coverage, but struggles in run support.

Draft outlook: Young is a lock to go in the top half of the draft, most likely the top 10. It will really come down to how much GMs value this position.

Reminds us of: Ed Reed

TE Jared Piero
    Idaho
    Scouts Grade: 96
    [​IMG]
    Scouting report: Piero is a sensational athlete who transferred from UNC, where he was a prized SF recruit that didn’t pan out. He focused on football, and his athleticism has created a huge buzz despite limited productivity. Piero is a weapon that can instantly transform any offense. He has a huge frame and is a redzone threat, but can also stretch the field vertically with blistering speed. A sensational athlete for his size, Piero will be a match up nightmare. The only question marks surrounding his game are his blocking ability and injury, as he suffered a few semi-serious injuries at Idaho.

Draft outlook: Top 15 lock. Don’t see him going in the top 10, however.

Reminds us of: Antonio Gates

QB BJ Bates
    Georgia Tech
    Scouts Grade: 95
    [​IMG]
    Scouting report: Big armed QB out of Georgia Tech who set the ACC record for career passing yards. Has incredible arm strength, and very good accuracy on short and medium routes. He is a bit undersized and despite his arm, struggles with accuracy on deep balls. Had a shoulder ligament tear his sophomore year, but seems to have recovered.

Draft outlook: Teams needing a QB would be remiss not to snag Bates. Top 10 talent, should go there. Broncos and Browns are potential suitors.

Reminds us of: Matthew Stafford

WR Shalon Brown
    UCF
    Scouts Grade: 95
    [​IMG]
    Scouting report: Brown is a big bodied WR with great hands and body control. Great strength and beats the press with ease. Has great leaping ability and route running as well, as complete of a WR as there is in this class. The big knock on him is his ability to stay healthy. If he can, he’ll be a monster.

Draft outlook: Big WRs are coveted in this league. I think someone will take a risk on his injuries in the top 15, and my guess is it’ll be a risk worth taking.

Reminds us of: Dwayne Bowe

QB PJ Clausen
    Virginia Tech
    Scouts Grade: 93
    [​IMG]
    Scouting report: Clausen, brother of Carolina’s Jimmy Clausen and former Tennessee great Casey Clausen, is significantly more athletic than his brothers. He has an average NFL arm, and can make all the throws. He is very explosive, possessing great speed and acceleration, which will make him a headache for defensive coordinators. I believe Clausen has all the tools to succeed in the NFL, but finding the right scheme is essential. He needs to move and get outside of the pocket to make plays. Consistency has been an issue for him. as have turnovers. The upside is very high, however.

Draft outlook: He has a lot of talent, but could fall…far. Don’t see him falling out of the first round, however. A potential Brady Quinn type of situation perhaps.

Reminds us of: Jake Locker

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
    • Like Like x 11
  2. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    Well done, great read.

3. kdpnutter

kdpnutter Walk On

Now this is content folks, take notes (y)

4. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Love every aspect about this EXCEPT one...

Shalon Brown is from UCF who garners the Black and Gold.

You have him in USF colors(our new heated rivals) playing in Raymond James as you can see the Pirate Ship in the back...

5. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

Living in Florida that rivalry should be a great one.

I would say Brown is more like former UCF WR Mike Sims Walker and Brandon Marshall. My opinion

6. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

LOVE this..I did this for the Top High School prospects for NCAA09 Dynasty I was in...EXCELLENT work...love it

7. aarondramp

aarondramp ten thousand words

Nice job. Now we just need NeuroticTruth to go ahead and pick the QB, so we can get this rolling.

8. I Peench

Faaak. My bad, I was pretty tired. I'll change it when I take a quick break from work in a bit here.

9. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Nice work man!

10. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

I enjoyed reading this, wish I had a top 10 pick!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I Peench

antcap24 LSUTRUTH
    Fixed. Bowe is as close to as this guy gets in terms of size and skill set. Bowe 6'2 221, I think MSW is like 210. Marshall is obviously way taller. I see what you're saying though

• Like Like x 1
  12. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

Sweet... I did something similar to this for my m11 franchise. Good stuff.

Couple of Rookie cards I used to do:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  13. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Those cards are awesome.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I Peench

Those are sick

15. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

Bengals Select
    QBVT.jpg
    He is going to fit perfect in our offense since we are running the Denver Playbook this season

16. NeuroticTruth

Featured Threads:
    Wrong thread. :p

17. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

lol