SE 2011 Team Selection Discussion

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by recchem2000, Jun 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

SE 2011 Team Selection Discussion

Just to be clear, this is just a discussion. If we have no conflicts of who wants who, then these will be our teams. If we do have some folks wanting the same teams, then we'll have to figure the best way to go from there.

Since we have 12, lets start talking who wants which team. I know some guys have already requested certain teams. Lets here from everyone. Please list 3 teams you would like, in order of preference, and we'll see how it shakes out.

Column 1
    Player Team Conference
    MorsDraconis Iowa State Big 12 North
    NoleNBlue Georgia SEC East
    hornfaninbama Texas Big12 South
    Gwill LSU SEC West
    Hokie Effect Virginia Tech ACC Coastal
    Mogriffjr Nebraska Big12 North
    Recchem2000 Florida State ACC Atlantic
    Beazus Christ Miami ACC Coastal
    KnightNoles Auburn SEC West
    D Shiznit 05 ?? ACC Atlantic
    Jayrah Kentucky SEC East
    DirtycashDylan Oklahoma Big12 South

ACC Coastal - 2 Spots
    ACC Atlantic - 2 spots
    SEC East - 2 spots
    SEC West - 2 spots
    Big 12 North - 2 spots
    Big 12 South - 2 spots

2. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

#1 Georgia-SEC East
    #2 Auburn-SEC West
    #3 Clemson-ACC Atlantic

3. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

#1 Miami
    #2 Tennessee
    #3 Clemson (?)

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

So far so good. No conflicts. Lets here from some others.

5. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

1.)FSU
    2.)Nebraska
    3.)LSU

6. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

It's gonna be tough filling the other Big 12 North spot. Other than Nebraska, the rest of that division looks like garbage.

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yeah I was think the same thing. I was going to pick last and take one for the team. Im a pseudo Buffs fan so I could try and roll with Colorado. We'll see how things shake out.

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

If I have to I'll roll with the other Big XII team...

1. Auburn/Kentucky
    2. Big XII

9. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Missouri will be a beast and K-State has potential too (+ cool uni's).

10. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

So if someone else wants Auburn, you'll take Kentucky and vice versa? I dont mind taking someone from the Big12. I just wanted to see how things play out with everyone's selections.

11. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Yea, I probably want Auburn now since I most likely will go with UK or Georgia in the PS3 league

12. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, i'll pencil you in for Auburn.

13. NoleNBlue

NoleNBlue Walk On

Those Mizzou Beast Mode Pro Combat Helmets are SICK

14. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I had Auburn on my board, but I'm gonna take em off, because they seem to be a popular team. I would like Kentucky, however if there is a guy that wants a better SEC East squad (UF, UT, SC), then I will defer, because I would be equally happy with TAMU in the big 12.

1: Kentucky
    2:Texas A&M
    3: BC

15. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

OK, we'll pencil you in for Kentucky but if someone wants one of those power schools from the SEC East, I'll switch you to Texas A&M.

16. hornfaninbama

hornfaninbama GT: BulgyTexas

Huge Texas fan, that graduated from Alabama, and spent 2 years drinking in Oxford. And I have always liked Nebraska for some reason.
    1. Texas
    2. Ole Miss
    3. Alabama
    4. Nebraska

17. Jayrah

Yep, thought my 2nd choice might run into the same problem with Texas being picked in the south division. No problem, that's a better rivalry there anyway. That would update my choices to Kentucky, BC, and Missouri in the B12 North

18. Jayrah

By the way, thanks recchem for inviting me to the league, I can't wait to get this going! Lots of good guys here it seems like. Some turnover and looks like some combining of a couple leagues. I've been keeping up with this league since joining TF. ;)

19. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

My pleasure Jayrah. I read your app and you seem like a solid addition. With the guys sticking around and the new ones from the Rivalry, I think we have the makings of a solid dynasty here! Plus your on the west coast!

20. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

I'd LOVE to get WVU moved to another conference (like we'd LOVE to have happen in real life) like the SEC West. :D

1. WVU in the SEC West replacing Mississippi State or Arkansas
    2. Iowa State
    3. Kansas State

21. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Interesting idea moving WVU into the SEC. Might open up a can of worms. Let see what the rest of the group has to say.

22. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

If you really dont like the Big XII North, you can have my ACC spot. Id strongly prefer to leave the conferences as they are but thats just my opinion.

23. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Im sort of a purist myself. I just thought it was an interesting thought. But I would like to keep the conferences the way they are. Mors, let me know what would be your first choice with the conferences as is.

24. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I think I have a pretty good idea of where folks stand. I think I will post something in the morning asking for everyone's final descion. If you had a team in the SE or Rivalry, you have the option of keeping them. The only one that looks like this will apply to is Hookie.

25. Jayrah

Hmmm. Moving a team over would be very interesting indeed. Gotta keep the egg bowl in place though, and Arkansas wouldn't go well in the Big East from an area standpoint. So if we did it we may have to make multiple moves.

My proposal on that would be 4 moves to balance power and region if this is an option we would explore:

WVU to SEC WEST (Arkansas) - Conference would be pretty balanced with Bama, Auburn, LSU, Ole Miss, MSU, and WVU. Also, there are some natural rivalries here due to proximity. I would see WVU fitting nicely, and it wouldn't throw off any current balance in our league either, seeing that neither of the 2 "top" teams in the division would be taken. KnightNoles and Mors could strike an interesting rivalry here, and still have a pretty difficult time navigating the field of the other 4 teams.

Arkansas to BIG 12 North (Iowa St) - Natural move here, again highly predicated on proximity. Arkansas used to be SWC rivals with TT, TAMU, Baylor and Texas (all in the South division, but the naturalness is there). They are right down in the region and competitive. Would increase strength in the North Division on a yearly basis as well. Extra competition for Hornfan and Dirty, but I think it'd be an extra interesting game on the docket replacing Iowa St every other year. ;) **Biggest move here though, is that it also puts another interesting team in the North for our remaining users to choose from**

Iowa St. to Big 10 (Penn St.) - Never understood why this isn't the case, it just makes sense. Rivalry in conference and I think is better for ISU with recruiting, in terms of both types of players and area. They aren't strong enough to compete year to year in the Big 12, especially in recruiting against the power schools that the Big 12 presents. Gotta move them some where as well.

Penn St. to Big East (WVU) - Penn St in the Big East does 3 things. (1) Brings a traditional power to a conference in need of an extra power team, especially with WVU gone. (2) PSU and Pitt are natural rivals waiting to happen. Along with Rutgers and UConn, the region would be balanced. (3) Breaks the Big 10 a bit, but doesn't break up any true feel rivalries, and doesn't dissect the Big 10 region. Gotta replace WVU along the line to bring full circle.

A straight swap of course would be the absolute easiest but wouldn't make sense in landscape. That's the only problem I see with it. Also it would be nice to have a move like that affect at least 2 of our conferences, so that 1 conference only isn't benefiting from a stronger field. Other than that, I like the idea of it, particularly based on the fact that it gives no unnecessary advantage to Mors or any other user in that division of the conference. It's a legit move.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.