Seahawks fire Coach/GM.

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by klaximilian, Dec 2, 2012.

1. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I had a recap video ready to post, but unfortunately I've decided I'm going to step-down from GM of the Seahawks.

These recent changes are pretty much last year's sliders with the INTs tuned down and the pass rush bumped up. I don't think rushed passes into velcro coverage (specifically against man) will help with the INT rate. It's back to square one: Picking the play and letting the defense make the plays for you. So much for emphasizing sound strategy and a carefully thought out game plan. This encourages man coverage and incredibly cautious offensive gameplay, while allowing your defense to win you the game if you stay patient enough. But I'm not going to beat a dead horse.

This is just another knee-jerk reaction leading to drastic slider changes with little to no justification why. Lets top it off with the sugar-coated "take it or leave it" ultimatum. Sorry, that's not very respectful to the owners no matter how nicely you try to say it.

One of the reasons I'm not in favor of these old sliders is because anyone can run press man coverage in a pinch if needed (or all game) and basically own on defense. It's been proven, I've seen it. I've benefitted from it greatly last season. As great as that sounds for me, it sucks. I hated running man-coverage plays, but did it for the sake of variation. I also was able to witness a few owners who completely abused these sliders last season but I didn't care to say anything because of their tenure and/or status in the league. I suspect it would have been brushed under the rug. Regardless of how much it's been emphasized in 12th, it seems this "respect your opponent" mentality and playing the game it is meant to be played has taken a back seat to winning for a few veterans here. I'm not remotely interested in that. They can abuse the sliders/gameplay on someone else's time.

I don't know exactly what has changed since last year, but I do question one thing specifically. Who really is making these decisions and running this league now, because this is not like you CHUNKNESS? How exactly is reverting back to Season-1 sliders with an improved pass rush going to change the issues we had last year with WR separation? This league is not what I remember from the last few years. It's questionable decision after another. Logic and explanation were normal when making a league-wide decision that impacted everyone. Now apparently we dig up irrelevant QB statistics from the 1960's meant to try and justify sliders that were deemed ineffective and unrealistic.

With this said, I'm removing myself from the league. I'm appreciative for the opportunity I was given 3 years ago by Doug and Eddie to be here. It has been a great experience. I'll miss many of you, especially my division-mates. It's been real Curtis, Eddie, and Jon. You guys are top-notch players and gentleman. Always was a pleasure.

Best of luck to my 12th man brethren.

TJ

• Like Like x 1
  2. thafuture3886

thafuture3886 Power Rankings Analyst

Shit man, wth is going on? Well, its been a pleasure man I'm definitely gonna miss our battles

3. Miki1369

Miki1369 Walk On

Wow... I do agree that maybe some coaches will take advantage of the benefits of man to man coverage that will come with this new sliders, but to quit its not the awnser i think...

Just my opinion here...

4. hoodiii

hoodiii Walk On

TJ and Taylor,
    I think you should rethink your decision and stay in the league. People get upset all the time about stuff not working out myself included. I think no one is above disagreeing or being disappointed about some things. Hopefully you change your mind and stay in the league.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  5. javy0472

javy0472 Walk On

wow guys really?......................its a game............................:confused:

• Like Like x 2
  6. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

No sugar coating here. I respect your decision to leave. Good luck with your endeavors TJ.

7. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

Wow. I agree with Javy. Thats all I got to say ab it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TwoTONS04

TwoTONS04 Walk On

I rarely say much in the forums because, well I dont have alot of free time with 3 kids that are into everything. I am not a very good player but I enjoy playing the game. To quit a league that costs $0 to play because of sliders? I am glad I dont take it that serious.

• Like Like x 4
  9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I can appreciate that Daryl. I'll just set the record straight regarding this decision:

It is "just a game." Like yourself, I have very little time on my hands but always managed a way to give 12th my best foot forward. And I mean no disrespect Daryl, but if all I ever did was show up to just play my games, I'd care much less about issues that I have witnessed over the last few months. I may not have even noticed most of them. You don't need to dig too much in the forum to see all the things I do for the league as a regular non-management owner in this league. It really comes down how much I enjoy being in the league, and how much I disagree with many of the decisions that have been made since September. Right now the culture of the league is unrecognizably different from when I joined 3 years ago, and that is sorely disappointing. I never figured I'd be stepping down, but rather encouraging great Sim Madden players to join the league I once felt I'd be crazy to step away from. It's crazy how quickly things change. But like a well-oiled machine, 12th man will move on. I see I already have been replaced, which is not surprising in the least. I wish Lamar well with that roster. He will like it.

Am I going to miss the league? Of course. But this decision, while not easy, is for the best and allows me to concentrate my efforts towards more important things, specifically in my professional and personal life. If I were enjoying the league like I expected to, we would not be having this conversation. That's pretty much what it boils down to.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WilsT24

WilsT24 Walk On

Yes I'll agree with TJ here...I'm no good either and far from serious about this but if you don't get enjoyment why continue.I plan to find another league or maybe just start one with a couple buddies.Personally I have other more important issues in my everyday life so what time I have available for me time I'm going to go where I have fun playing a game.Things are different in 12th man from past years and I'm not really sure why.I think personalities are clashing with some....as in most things that aren't important if I'm told to toe the line or get out I'll take the latter.I try not to disrespect anybody here,have always tried to take the high road with my opponents and give props.So being like that,when I think it's not being reciprocated I'll move along and start anew.
    12th man will do fine but I hope a lesson is learned by all of us on how we treat others.As always jmho and I think that's enough on what riled me...I hope the league get's back to the classy acting like I thought it always was.

• Like Like x 1
  11. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Bingo. Taylor hit the nail on the head. ;)

Best of luck, good sir.

12. Warhawk AKA dreadman

Warhawk AKA dreadman Walk On

TJ ... a pleasure man..the battling & trying to kick your ass will be missed
    Taylor.... one of the classiest dudes to play this game as well as 2K

Hope we still can cross paths and scrimmage and chat it up!

Scikotic
    WilsT24

• Like Like x 1
  13. cry_havoc

cry_havoc Walk On

Well put guys. Since joining a year ago i cant express how much fun ive had with you fellas. I never had the initial idea of playin online "competitively" in a league until my cousin TJ introduced me to 12th Man. Doug and the rest of the committee welcomed me right in and I had a great impression of a well balanced league. So i got into playin online a little heavier, i joined another 2 leagues. After a month i realized how rediculous some other leagues are and how rare it is to find a fine tuned league.

For TJ to leave its a bummer...he introduced me to the league and talked up this league so much to make me join. He taught me how to respect the owners of this league and that its just a game. I stood by what he said and it helped me in my first year. His interaction on the forum is going to be missed as well. As much of a weiner he can be, you've got to love it. He just wanted what was best for the league.

The guys in 12th Man have become my brothers...regardless of ever meeting any of them haha. Just like everyone else i have my own life outside of 12th man, but what this league does for me at least is to let my inner "baller" out. If i cant play organized football, this is the next best thing...besides coaching. The scheming, the managing, the recaps and the trash talking is what makes this an excellant hobby. Not to mention i save money and stay out of trouble.

At the end of the day yes its a game...but who plays to lose right? Everyone wants there say and realistically they cant get all the time. With this new format of Madden its difficult. From last to this year the league has definatly changed...but in my eyes its still the best league out there and i enjoy interacting with mah dudes. Its a legit cyber family. Best of luck to TJ and Taylor and welcome the new guys...sorry for my cheesy banter, felt to speak my mind on this situation.

Play Ball.

• Like Like x 3