Seahawks Gameday Summary

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by gowazzucougs, Aug 31, 2010.

1. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

Seahawks Gameday Summary

Hawks 26
    Cardinals 25

After finally getting a chance to play two games with my beloved hawks, I have come to the conclusion, that Matt Hasslebeck flat out sucks on this game. He will not be earning any new contract even if the Hawks go to the Super Bowl. He under threw several receivers in the Bears game, and against the Cardinals today he lead the receiver about 10 yards too far, especially when that additionally 10 yards results in a pick six. Hasslebeck threw three INTs on the day, and if it wasn't for a great defensive effort, and maybe some really conservative play calling by the Cardinals this game would could have turned out differently.

For all of my complaints Hasslebeck did play well enough to earn POG honors throwing for 289 yards and three touchdowns, but let me repeat he had three INTs. Hasslebeck completed a pass to about everyone on the Seahawks' roster-7 passes went to Brian Westbrook, 5 to Deion Branch, and 4 TJ Housh... The Cardinals defense was tough against the run for most of the game, but by the late third and fourth quarterbacks, Westbrook was making big gains.

Next week is a big game against their former AFC Division rival, the Oakland Raiders.

2. The Parrothead

The Parrothead Walk On

Perhaps Jason Campbell and Matt Hasselbeck are the same guy in this game? I can't count how many times I've watched a ball sail away from a wide open guy so far...

3. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

I realize it's only one game but watch the passes to the HB. I do not want to see at the end of the season that Westbrook is our leading reciever.

Oh, and it took you to now to realize Hasslebeck is horrible. ;)

Good Luck in the 1983 AFC Championship rematch against the Raiders. I was rooting for the Raiders and very nervous about the fact that Seattle had beaten them twice in the regular season... interesting that you can take a team out twice in the regular season then come crunch time lose to that team.

4. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

This was the second game I played, and I ran game flow for all of the game with most of my revised gameflow playbook. I threw a lot because I was trailing, and I tried to hit whoever was open. After the Raiders game, if you want to look at my stats for the Bears, Cardinals, and Raiders, and you still think I am throwing the ball too much to my backs, I will try and create a better playbook so I can try and avoid it.

5. Psycho

Psycho Walk On

Ahh... gameflow.

I love gameflow, but I find myself hot routing RBs to block so that they don't become my leading receiver.

I was quick to say something just to put it out there quickly... if you know what I mean. After I was driving back from work I thought "Shit, he played Hova and I never got a pm from Hova complaining..." so had I remember about Hova I would have easily let this go and not said a word... oops. Carry on. ;)