Sean Salsiberry analyzes dynasty rosters

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by smace767, Dec 6, 2009.

1. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Sean Salsiberry analyzes dynasty rosters

In doing my season preview i looked at some things in the rosters and figured i would share some of that.
    Football is all about breaking things down. Thats why gameday is on all day and primetime and the OT and all those shows are on.
    First i will say that this is clearly the best group i have been apart of as far as using your players in a fair sim fashion.

I looked at the positions that can be used to take advantage of the AI.

QB-90+ spd with under 70 throwing stats can be considered cheese.- No teams had that. some teams had athletes at qb but i think they are good at QB.

FB-usually, in sim dynasties, a FB must be any size under 90 spd or over 220 with over 90 spd.- There are 172 FB's and some FB's created are under 220lbs but none are under 220 with over 90 spd, so if you dont get someone to play FB, its your fault. There is also 11 HB at 219 or bigger, which you could recruit to play FB.

There is one FB who could be considered cheese(under 210lbs and over 92 speed), but he is not being used. but he is second string. My sr FB has gotten faster each year and is the second fastest FB in the dynasty at 92 spd as a SR, but he is third string and is 237 LBs which is usually ok because he wont be as elusive or good in running routes and have low acc.

TE - over 90 spd should be over 220, under 90 speed, any size. No issues in dynasty.

DE- over 90 spd under 220- this is tricky because many DEs the cpu creates are under 220 but none look like CBs playing DE.

LBs- over 92 speed CBs playing LB. _ i dont think this is a cheese move per say because a CB playing LB is killing your run D and creates a run d weakness, just as much as it helps pass coverage. There were some fast LB's, but no team looked way out of the ordinary.

Kickers and punters. In some dynasties and madden franchises you must use your kicker as a kicker and your punter as a punter. In real life very, very few if any kickers also are the punter and its actually two different skills that are not done well by EA. I personally follow this rule, even if i have a weak kicker like i do. but im mixed on if thats the way it should be. But in real life and sim, punters dont become kickers.

Let me make it clear. I look at the entire dynasty roster and sort each position by a few ratings to see who is the fast or the strongest arm or the best coverage CB. Not looking per say who is "cheating" but its something you can check. History has shown that guys have been known to put wr at DE and or QB and you never know.

2. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Hmmm......very intresting post Smace.

If anyone sees anything fishy or downright wrong. Report it to hood.

3. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

I think we do a good job of playing straight up here in the Cream. My FB's may not fit the mold of a typical FB but it's a vastly different set of circumstances due to my triple option offense. As for kicking, year 1 was the only year in this OD I used both kickers. I do not believe it to be cheesy to have 1 guy handle all the kicking duties.

4. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

Yeah. The fullback rule doesnt apply to true "FleXbox One" Offenses. Because of couese the fullback...aka the (A-Back) is typically the leading runner/rusher.