Season 1 (2011): Scores

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Jul 19, 2011.

1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Post your game scores here...

2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

WHA....WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?!
    Bobcats Have Victory Snatched From Clutches

[​IMG]

The Ohio Bobcats and new OC Coach Radio had it workin'. The Pistol scheme had the Bearcats on their heels and the Bobcat D was playing outstanding as well. This was gonna be a great victory for Ohio and the entire MAC. Late in the 3rd, however, Cincy got their act together and made a push to steal the win. Down 14-6 late in the 3rd, and mostly anemic all day offensively, Cincy drove down the field and got in the end zone. After a successful 2-pt conversion the game was tied 14-14. The new momentum carried the Bearcat D into stuffing the Pistol offense entirely. Ohio took it's first lead with just over 3 minutes remaining on a 1 yard TD plunge by HB D. Williams.

Once again they stopped the Ohio offense in 3 plays. Ohio wasn't done yet as their defense held tough and got the offense the ball back with 1:30 left on the clock. Lightning struck on the first play as QB Bates found his go-to guy WR Dunlop on a slant which he took 80 yards to the house to tie the game. Cincy drove the ball down inside the Bobcat 20, but was sacked on the 16 yard line with no timeouts. With no time to run the FG unit on, Cincy hurried up and tossed one last prayer before heading to overtime. Prayer answered. Collaros found WR Woodard in the end zone for the game winning TD with :00 showing on the clock. Damn.

[​IMG]

It doesn't get any easier for Ohio (0-1, 0-0) as they must face Coach Webb and the CSU Rams week 2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Damn Radio, Sounds like it was a classic. I had a hard time not having control over the defense. You feel kind of helpless just watching whats happening. 4th downs were kind of weird also, I'm wondering if its 4th and 1 if we will get the opportunity to elect to go for it. Its just kind of weird how this OC thing plays. Just gotta get used to it I guess.

4. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Marshall 26
    W.V 23

Double OT

Coach Vols went into this game with the gameplan to run and then run some more on WV's 3-3-5 defense. Run they did for almost 200 yards on 48 carries. The game was back and forth with both teams having chances to put it away. Marshall took a 9-7 lead into the half on 3 fg's. W.V got a pick 6 in the 3rd to go up 13-9 the 2 pt conversion failed (which would come back to haunt them later). Marshall returned the favor when the defense came up big with a pick 6 of there own to take the lead 16-13. WV got the ball back and tied it up with a last second FG. Both team scored TD's in the 1st OT period. Marshall's drive at the beginning of the 2nd OT stalled inside the WV 10 and had to settlle for a FG. The Marshall D came up big on an Int on 3rd down to preserve the win. Marshall's staring HB Ward left the game with a concussion early in the 3rd. His backup, Booker filled in nicely though. The offense has of work to do especially in the passing game, but we will take the win.

I messed up at the end and screwed up pictures. I will get some next week.

5. onaradio34

Yeah it was a heartbreaker. I keep having success early on in my running game only to see the CPU adjust and really turn up the aggression late in games. When they do this to shut my run game down, though, the pressing and blitzing really hampers my pass game. I was 6-22 but had over 200 yards passing because I hit a slant route and a go route against Cover-0. The go-route was beautiful but I got the CPU to jump offsides thus negating the ability to get a video.

And congrats on beating WVU. That's huge.

6. onaradio34

The CPU does give you control of 4th downs in any situation where it might go for it. What the actual parameters are for this decision, I have no clue.

7. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Ok thanks, I was wondering. I was never in the right situation to go for it on 4th.

yeah I did not think I would have a chance against them. My D came through for me big time. I had a lot of trouble passing also. That 3-3-5 is tough against the pass. I just decided early to stick with the run and try to keep WV from having a lot of possessions. I had a 1st and goal at the 2 in the 2nd qtr, and had to settle for a FG. I thought that would cost me the game.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Bent Over and Took It

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    20 - 51

The Rice Owls traveled to Austin to face the 22nd ranked Texas Longhorns in their 2011 opener. As soon as they stepped on the field, they wanted to go back to the locker room. Texas QB Garrett Gilbert set the UT record for passing yards in a game with 510 yards. WR Mike Davis was his go to target, taking in 6 receptions for an astonishing 256 yards a 4 TDs. New Defensive Coordinator AJ Cimahosky struggled for answers in his post game interview,​

"We had nothing. We just got worked and embarrassed. Yeah, we had 2 interceptions, Jones had 2 sacks, and Gaddis returned his pick for a TD. Those were some bright spots in what was a pitch black day."​

The defense did show it's promise, mainly in the second half of the game. After the tone set in, Rice was able to play better defensively. The offense struggled with 5 trips to the redzone and only 1 resulting in points. Overall, the program has work to do and hopes to rebound next week against Fresno State.​

9. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

Give Fresno State hell!

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    Just Not Enough
    UNT loses opening game of season to FIU, 31-44

[​IMG]

The North Texas Mean Green came out on fire in the game. HB Laurence Dunbar did great in the first half scoring two touchdowns and leading UNT to a 14-10 halftime lead. But the third quarter was the one that just got away from the Mean Green. To go on top of his first half punt return, WR Tye Hilton scored two more touchdowns in the third quarter. One where he broke a tackle and took a pass 64 yards to pay dirt. North Texas had a hard time recovering after that as QB John Dobson would throw two interceptions in the quarter. The Mean Green would try and rally back but it wasn't enough to overcome the Golden Panthers from FIU. Next up for UNT is a battle with La Tech in Ruston, LA.

• Like Like x 1
  11. controllerabuser

Tailspin
    Winning is something that the 0-1 Bulldogs are not accustomed to.

[​IMG]

Louisiana Tech starts the 2011 season out under new defensive coordinator, James Salas. Offensively, I wasn't comfortable with our playbook. Only shotgun and pistol formations. However, we had to do with what the offensive coordinator called. Defensively, we played pretty good.

This was a hard fought game that came down to who made the play when it counted. Down 10-7, we called a screen pass and our receiver got down inside the 10. I knew when it happened that we should have made it into the end zone. The defense was tough and with a shorter field, it would be even more rough to get 6. I had 3rd and goal and tried to hit a corner route. Beautiful pass to the receiver who happened to get nice separation but was just a foot too far. I would have challenged that play but we had no more timeouts. So, we had to settle for a field goal. In overtime, we made it inside the 5. I ran a curl route and the receiver got open grabbed the ball as the defender wrapped up taking him to the ground the ball managed to slip out. We run a PA with a corner route and I panicked. I threw a cross route that was intercepted and almost resulted in a safety. Coach BG ran it up the gut and in for 6 to put the Southern Miss Golden Eagles on top.

GG BG

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  12. BG

BG On The Rize!

I was going to do a summary, but you beat me to it! Good job and good game folk!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

1-2 Punch

Temple wins opener

[​IMG]

Bug Brown is able to find pay dirt for Temple's two TD's

Temple caught all the breaks in the opener. A stout Troy defense kept them in check minus a handful of runs a throw or two.. Bug Brown and Bernard Pierce formed a 1-2 punch that kept the chains moving. Brown scored on runs of 25 and 7 yards. Neither had a huge day rushing total wise but as a tandem they went for over 100. The defense played well and always seemed to be in the right spots and made solid tackles. Troy was plagued by the drops as they had the right play right throw but the ball was not caught.

gg bama

14. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Black Knight Down
    Army loses a heart breaker in the season opener

[​IMG]
    NIU's Tommy Davis seals a Huskie victory in the closing seconds of the game

DeKalb, IL - The West Point Military Academy has nothing to celebrate this weekend after watching a heartbreaking loss to the NIU Huskies on Saturday. A game controlled by both defenses remained anyone's to win up until the final whistle. New Offensive Coordinator Hack Golfer felt that his team had a chance to steal one on the road, however two costly turnovers led to 0-1 hole to start the season.

The Triple Option Army attack led by FB Jared Hassin took first blood early in the 2nd Quarter on a 12 yard FB dive up the middle. After a few exchanges, NIU would make a key 3rd down stop with under a minute to play and were able to capitalize on a confused Army defense with a 49 yard bomb to WR Anthony Johnson. NIU's defense remained hot in the 3rd quarter, forcing Army to go 2 straight 3-and-outs before their offense found a lead on a HB Jasmin Hopkins scamper. Army would respond in the middle of the 4th quarter to tie the game up at 14-14. NIU quickly marched down the field to take another lead, however 1:04 on the clock gave Army plenty of time to run a hurry up drill.

An injured Trent Steelman had to make an early exit on the drive, however reserve QB Max Jenkins hit his first two passes to move 60 yards down the field and put the Black Knights in the red zone. With 4 WR's lined up, Jenkins hot routed his slot WR to a curl 3 yards deep in the end zone and threw a bullet. Jenkins failed to notice a lurking Tommy Davis who read the play all the way and became the game hero.

Army falls to 0-1 on the season and takes on San Diego State in their Home Opener next week.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

When it Matters

[​IMG][​IMG]

14 - 17

Rice and Fresno State were both looking for their first victory of the season. Only one would walk away with that accomplishment and the fans in Houston were rooting for Rice. They got their wish. The two teams battled it out for the entirety and no clear winner was seen until the clock read zero. Rice picked off QB Derek Carr on Fresno's first offensive drive. They capitalized with a screen to HB Sam McGuffie for the go ahead TD. Fresno State coach Taylor decided to swap QBs early and gave the reigns to Greg Watson. In the second, Fresno HB Robbie Rouse locked it up at 7 with a 1 yard run. Both teams went into the locker room trying to figure out what would give them the edge.

Yet again, Rice would take the lead, this time on a 46 yard strike from QB Fanuzzi to WR Randy Kitchens giving the Owls the lead. It wouldn't take Fresno State long to respond and Watson found WR Matt Lindsey on a 53 yarder score, tying the game once again. Throughout the game, Rice K's Chris Boswell missed two field goals and sub-in Kyle Marten's pushed one right. The game was coming down to the wire, and Rice knew the game could come down to a single kick. However, with their luck, they pondered going for it on 4th down if the opportunity came up.

Fresno State had their chance, but K Kevin Gosseling missed right with just over 1 minute to play. Rice would get the ball and drive down the field. With under 40 seconds, they managed to find themselves on a 1st and goal. However, after 3 rushes, the Fresno defense pushed Rice back, forcing them to either try a 41 yard field goal, or try to score on a long 4th down. With 15 seconds left, Rice coach Cimahosky put the teams trust in K Martens. This time, he was spot on. The ball sailed through the uprights, giving Rice the 17-14 lead with 15 seconds left. After the Owl defense held Fresno, the Rice Owls earned their first victory of the season!

16. xx Vols xx

xx Vols xx Vol Nation

Marshall Get 1st Conference Win

14-3

[​IMG]

In an important matchup, that may go a long way in determining the division champ, in the Conference USA Eastern Division, the Herd hung on to grab a hard fought victory. The Herd took the game's opening kickoff and went 75 yards scoring on an out pattern where WR Dodson broke a tackle and went in for a TD from 25 yards. The Herd was able to close out a couple good drives by S Miss on Int's. Midway through the 2nd qtr QB Sullivan hit Dodson again, this time across the middle and he rambled in for another TD to take a 14-0 lead into the half. The second half was somewhat sloppy as S Miss scored the only points on a FG midway through the 4th qtr. During the second half Marshall did not take alot of unnecessary chances and Coach Vols elected to keep the ball on the ground and chew clock.​

[​IMG]

GG Forever​

17. controllerabuser

Bulldogs Grab First Win Of Season
    La Tech defeats North Texas 30-3.

[​IMG]
    Lennon Creer had an outstanding performance, helping his team to victory.

Louisiana Tech traveled to play the North Texas Mean Green. After a disappointing first game loss to Southern Miss, this win is what this program definitely needed to spark some momentum. Our offense, after a no show last week, put on a display. Lennon Creer got it going with an 85 yard touchdown run and the Bulldogs didn't look back. Everything was clicking for the Bulldogs. The defensive coordinator was very happy today with the way his defense played. "I'm glad that our defense showed what they are capable of doing, now it's time to do that each and every week" said Defensive Coordinator James Salas.​

Update Later*****

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    "Update Later*****"

Nothing to update..you kicked the shit outta my team.

19. controllerabuser

Great avatar Ricky Bobby!

• Like Like x 1
  20. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Nail-Biter!
    Army sneaks past San Diego State for their first win of the season

511A0001_1_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_YLE.jpg
    CB Antuan Aaron leaps for a Ryan Lindley pass late in the 2nd Quarter

San Diego State: 17
    Army: 21

West Point, NY: The Army Black Knights came home this week in search for their first victory of the season. The cadets followed through after squeaking past San Diego State in a game that came down to the wire. QB Trent Steelman and FB Jared Hassin added scores on the ground for the second consecutive game, while the Black Knight defense gave San Diego State's Ryan Lindley fits all game with 3 picks (1 INT-TD) and sack fumble recovery on the day.

Offensive Coach Hack Golfer felt like Army was a bit sloppy on the offensive side of the ball tonight and thanked the defensive for bailing him out near the end of the game when a fumble recovery set up the game winning touchdown. Hats off to Coach ryty for a great game and best of luck this season!

Next week, Army (1-1) plays host to Northwestern.

511A0001_2_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_NgP.jpg

511A0001_0_JPEG_SCREENSHOT_wwm.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  21. controllerabuser

I'm sending someone to break your legs for fucking with my money.

• Like Like x 1
  22. controllerabuser

Louisiana Tech
    Pre-Game Festivities

• Like Like x 3
  23. controllerabuser

Sliding
    Louisiana Tech doesn't want losing to become a habit.

[​IMG]
    Louisiana Tech meets a wall.

[​IMG]

Louisiana Tech hosted Houston in Week 3. A tough game for both sides of the ball but this was James Salas' first game only controlling one side of the ball. The offense came out and put up a quick 7 that energized us and the crowd. The defense gave up 7 to the Cougars and from there it was all downhill. We tried to keep them from scoring too much but Case Keenum was an asshole and punched it down our throat. Not a good game following last week's performance against North Texas.​

[​IMG]
    The defense adds an interception to the coaches goals.

24. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Crazy fans...

• Like Like x 1
  25. BG

BG On The Rize!

Golden Eagles Win

Cyclones are no match for Southern Miss.​

[​IMG]

Hattiesburg- The Southern Miss. Eagles came out guns blazing against a formidable opponent in Iowa St. After having scored a measly 19 total points in their first 2 contest, the Eagles erupted for more than 500yds of total offense including 200 on the ground. The running tandem of Hardy and Johnson combined for 187yds on 32 carries with two scores. QB Austin Davis also came into his own as he threw for 308yds on 14 of 21 passes with 3 td's to just 1 pick. The defense also played well holding the Cyclones to just 14 points in the game. The win gives Southern Miss. their second on the season. Next up for the Eagles, The Cavaliers of Virginia.

Final Score:

Iowa St.- 14

Southern Miss.- 38