Season 1.3 Scores

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Kapono, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

FSU 52
    UCF 3

This game was a a joke as UCF's QB went 21-44 for 228 yards and no TD's. Oh and 8 picks and a fumble, for a total of 9 FSU turnovers, scoring once. QB Jameis Winston and the offense weren't asked to do much in this game. Defensive Back Keelin Smith now leads the nation with 4 INTs and Christian Jones added 2.

QB Jameis Winston - 8-14 for 90 yards, 2 TD, 6 carries for 17 yards, TD
    HB Devonta Freeman - 6 carries for 36 yards
    HB James Wilder - 9 carries for 38 yards, TD
    HB Mario Pender - 6 carries for 81 yards, TD
    WR Kwlvin Benjamin - 9 yard rush TD, 1 reception, 29 yards
    WR Rashad Greene - 4 receptions for 42 yards, TD
    WR Kenny Shaw- 15 yard TD reception, 1 carry for 25 yards

Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

3. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Nice to see that putting the CPU back at 50 THA really made them unbeatable.

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

You're welcome ;)

Mine is no picnic either but I have a slightly better team than you...doesn't mean I won't go 5-7 though

5. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

TAMU 33
    Texas 21

Johnny Football played well despite 2 turnovers. The Aggies did what the set out to do and that was to run the ball down the longhorns throats and achieved it with 45 carries for 247 yds while getting about a 11 min advantage in TOP. Defense played well and forced a fumble right before half to set up 1 of Johnny Football's Td pass.

Johnny Football- 10/16 147 yds 2TD 1int, 13 car 79yds 1 TD 1Fum
    Marvin Mcguire-18 car 89 yds 1 TD
    Colin Moore- 12 car 45yds
    Eric Mcdougel- 7tkls 2tfl 1 sack 1 FF

6. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

20[​IMG]vs[​IMG]10

Hokies Poke Bama
    defeat Crimson Tide 20-10

The quest for a third straight National Championship for Alabama got off on the wrong foot as the Crimson Tide was beating by the Virginia Tech Hokies.

The Hokies used a ball control offense that kept the strong Tide defense guessing in the early going, that was ultimately rewarded with a 22 yard TD run by HB Gemara Anderson. Nevertheless, Alabama would respond behind a potent running game that ate up space against the Tech D-Line, with the final touch a one yard TD run by TJ Yeldon. Virginia Tech would continue to play ball control, even as opportunities for a big play arose. Patience paid off again as Anderson scored his second rushing TD of the game, this time from five yards out, putting the Hokies ahead 14-7. Following an Alabama punt late in the half, Virginia Tech would add a crucial FG to make the contest a two-possession game.

The second half saw both defenses settle down, especially the Alabama defense who forced Virginia Tech into punts on all its third quarter possessions. Yet, the Tech defense was equal to the task before surrendering a FG early in the fourth that brought the score back to within seven 17-10. Virginia Tech proceeded to drive down the field before settling for a 48 yard insurance field goal, against extending the lead to 10. An AJ McCarron interception on the ensuing Alabama possession ended the game for all intensive purposes.

recchem2000, Good game. Some early bad luck did you in. I counted three separate throws that your DBs should have intercepted. You get even one and it's a different ball game.

Notable Stats
    Virginia Tech Hokies [/B]Alabama Crimson Tide
    QB Justin Sanders - 13/16, 146 yards QB AJ McCarron - 6/11, 113 yards, 2 INT
    HB Gemara Anderson - 12 car, 59 yards, 2 TD, long 22 HB TJ Yeldon - 11 car, 45 yards, TD, long 10
    WR Brandon Austin - 3 rec, 64 yards, long 30 WR Kenny Bell - 2 rec, 72 yards, long 37
    WR AJ White - 3 rec, 41 yards, long 16 OLB Deshawn Smith - 4 tack, sack
    DT Calvin Alford - 2 tack 2 TFL, 2 sack DT Brandon Ivory - 3 tack, sack
    FS Marcus McKinney - 2 tack, INT Total Offense: 144 yards

8. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Gg Boom29. I was so worried about the RO I let your HB loose on some big runs. But ultimately turnovers did us in. You slowed the game down so much that I felt like I needed to score quickly and ultimately that led to my picks.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  9. Jayrah

34[​IMG] @ #25 [​IMG]16

The Rebs went into Vandy and knocked off the gold and black behind a gritty defensive effort and 163 yards and a TD on 22 carries by rb Parrish. QB Gold struggled in the game, throwing 2 early picks and have a couple others dropped for him, but he did manage to throw for 153 yards and a TD as well on 11 of 16. A defensive pick 6 supplemented the effort.

Solid start for Ole Miss, now it's on to MexiRican35 and Clemson

10. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

LSU 47
    La Tech 0

Not much to say in this one, La Tech never wanted to run the ball which made it a bit easier to defend them. The offense was solid but unspectacular, and this tune up taught us to basically abandon the idea of running a power running game (because I'm evidently just not good at it).

LSU 31
    Vandy 24

A tougher SEC opener than we were hoping for, as Vandy showed up to play, especially their QB who threw for over 300 yards and a score. Starting HB Charlie Thomas left the game for a 2nd straight week with an injury, and this time didn't return. The passing game played pretty well, moving the ball in shorter chunks, aside from freshman TE Herbert Harrison who dropped 4 of the 5 passes thrown to him.

11. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

After playing terribly for the first half, Notre Dame storms back in the second half and wins 38-34 over Miami on a TD pass with 7 seconds left.... And then I got disconnected from the servers and the results didn't upload. The game still showed unplayed so I ran it back and won 35-13 despite throwing four picks.

My team is highly rated but didn't play particularly well... Oh, and my starting HB is out for seven weeks after an injury in my sim loss.

12. Jayrah

Stars seem to get dinged real good in sims. There is normally at least 1 of the top 3 on the CPU teams that are hurt when I play them.

13. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

I hope he's still out when the Tide limp to town Week 10 :)

14. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Alabama - 20
    Florida - 13

Tide win a tight in the swamp. First quarter fireworks included a pick throw inside the Florida 10 yard on Alabama's opening drive only for the Gators to return the favor with a pick thrown of there own. This one was returned 73 yards for a TD. Bama would force a Florida fumble on the next possession and cash it in for 3 points. 10-0 after one.

Florida would drive the field but fail on a first goal situation. The Gators settled for 3. Then the bonehead Alabama coach left a time out in his pocket as time expired in the half. It was inside the Florida 10 yard line, about 8 seconds to play. I got greedy and threw a pass that came up just short of the goaline. I looked up and no time left. 10-3 Bama at the half.

Florida came out in the 3rd and marched the length of the field rather easily and tied it up at 10. Both teams would tack on FGs to make it a 13-13 game. The Tide would score the go ahead TD with about 3 minutes to play...big play of the drive was a 45 yard catch by a wide open TE right down the middle of the field. Florida had there chance to put together a game tying drive but went 4 and out. Alabama was able to pick 2 1st downs running the ball and ate the rest of the clock up.

GG SatansAngel1104. My d really stepped it up on those 1st and goal situations holding you to FGs. I think that was the difference.

Side note: Number of punts - zero

15. Jayrah

21 [​IMG] @ #7 [​IMG] 14

Ole Miss might be better than advertised, as their defense held the #7 team in the land to just 193 total yards on a rain filled day in Death Valley. This game wasn't nearly that simple though, as Clemson's defense held Ole Miss to a paltry 9 first downs and 174 yards themselves. But it wasn't necessarily all defense, as a couple of really long drives salted the game away quicker than normal with the teams running a combined 85 plays.

The game opened with a 3 and out, followed by a lengthy drive by the Rebels that ended up in the end zone when Logan caught a 6 yard pass from Bo Wallace for the score. That was immediately followed with another long drive by Clemson, but they only ended up with a field goal to show for it. Ole Miss then took another long drive into Clemson territory and then the craziness started.

MexiRican35 made a great interception but then accidentally pitched the ball into the open spaces, where Ole Miss' WR Sanders would scoop it and score to give the Rebs a 14-3 lead. Clemson would then march the field again, but couldn't pick up more than a field goal to end the half 14-6. The 3rd quarter would feature 2 Tiger interceptions and a FB touchdown when Henry went in to make it 21-6. The game looked to be over after Taj Boyd threw his third interception of the day in the redzone and it was returned to the Tiger 30, but with 3 minutes left Clemson brought the house and immediately knocked the ball away, scooped it and scored to revive the hopes.

Then another weird play would happen after Clemson had used up all their timeouts, when a qb power was fumbled by Wallace (his 2nd fumble in a minute of game time). Luckily for the Rebels, an O-line scooped it and ran about 35 yards to the Clemson 5 before getting tackled. Without a timeout on the other side, Ole Miss decided not to risk anything and kneeled out the clock.

GG MexiRican35 tough break on the accidental pitch. Too much button mashing haha

16. MexiRican35

The best defense in this game, rain. Haha it was a good gamr.

17. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

MexiRican35 ...you need to lay off that LB button. Seriously.

18. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Wyrmreaver Sorry about the sim loss I just saw that, did not think the sim could go my way. Probably should have had you play the cpu.

19. MexiRican35

I really should. i just hate it when I let the cpu handle the coverage, and they go into "just smoked a bowl" mode and let the pass go right by them without even attempting to pick it.

20. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I used to have a few of those where I'd lateral the ball. I've gotten better, sort of making myself press swat (LB) only once when the ball comes and, only use it again if they had already caught it. So far my only problem with catching INTs is knowing which direction to run when the game flips the screen around. I think in '13 I did that like 10-12 times.

21. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

Georgia Tech 35
    Wake Forest 16

Had a real good time playing this game

22. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

I used to have a few of those where I'd lateral the ball. I've gotten better, sort of making myself press swat (LB) only once when the ball comes and, only use it again if they had already caught it. So far my only problem with catching INTs is knowing which direction to run when the game flips the screen around. I think in '13 I did that like 10-12 times.

23. MexiRican35

Gotta make that my habit now.

24. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

grrrrrrrrr

Dammmmmit lose fuc%^$G connection with 1:25 left in the game as Kapono had 4th and 8 in his own 38 yard line and i'm up 24-17. That was one hell of a game bro. NOW WHAT? He never came back but then again I know he has a class.

recchem2000

25. Kapono

Kapono Walk On

Go ahead and finish, my chances of winning were pretty low. I'd have gone for 2 if I'd scored just to end it there.