Season 1 ACC Championship

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by I Peench, Jul 28, 2012.

1. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    #6 UNC Edges #1 FSU On Late Field Goal 27-24
    [​IMG]
    Coach Peench hoists the ACC Championship trophy with MVP Jheranie Boyd
    The University of North Carolina Tar Heels collected their 10th ACC Championship Saturday-their first since 1980. The win was paced by a very strong defensive performance, that held FSU to a total of 188 yards on offense. Coach Peench's new 4-2-5 took time to implement, but the system has really been panning out of late. After a very impressive opening drive, it seemed as if it'd be a long day for the Heels defense. After answering with a touchdown of their own, the defense tightened up, and made some key stops.
    FSU's defensive performance was stellar as well. The Noles forced two turnovers (UNC forced 0) that led to 10 points. The defensive effort alone really kept FSU in this one until the end. A balanced UNC attack, however, proved too much for the Noles. QB Bryn Renner finished 20-29 for 284 yards, while RB Giovanni Bernard added 117 yards on the ground. MVP Jheranie Boyd finished with 7 catches for 136 yards, while adding a 5 yard touchdown run.
    The Heels now await the BCS to see if they can leap up into the top 2 for a chance at the national championship. At a minimum, they will be playing in the Sugar Bowl against the winner of JFace907 and Baron in the PAC championship.
    Great game Mike E. Your defense was flat out filthy, and I really enjoyed this chess match. I'm sure I'll be seeing you again in the future.

WATCH IN HD!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Every time we play it's like chess, man. Always fun! I hope you get a shot at the title

3. I Peench

I Peench Caught in the hustle

Definitely man. We'll see about the title, it'd be good for us both. I'm not holding my breath

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  4. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

GO ACC!