Season 1 ACC Previews

Discussion in 'The Flashback' started by xassassin4lifex, Jul 12, 2013.

1. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

[​IMG]

Syracuse Team Preview

Overview

The Syracuse come into this season under a new head coach after Doug Marrone left the team to become the offensive coordinator for the New Orleans Saints. Coming into New York to coach the Cuse was a first time Head Coach xassassin4lifex. When asked how he feels about his new team, coach replied, "I am honored to be head coach of these kids. We have a lot of very talented football players, and I believe with this core group of guys, we can do very well in the ACC."

Offense

The Orange plan to run a spread offense attack this year with JR HB Jerome Smith leading the offense for the team. Also, Senior QB Drew Allen will have competition for the starting job from sophomore QB Terrell Hunt, and Senior Charley Loeb. We will be starting out the season giving each guy a few possessions, and then go from there. I have seen great things from all 3 of these guys in practice so far, but maybe one will rise up and become a leader before week 1, who knows. Look for the Cuse Offense to be very efficient and play turnover free football. If we can keep from making mistakes, we will have a good year this year.

Defense

The Orange will still be running the 4-3 defense this year. Our defensive line is average this year, but not up to par for what the new coach would like to have. Coach xassassin4lifex was quoted saying "football games are won in the trenches. This group of guys can win in the trenches for a quarter or two, but can they win for a whole game." This seems to be a concern for the new coach, but he does not seem to be too concerned with it. As for the Linebacker core, we are very pleased with what we have here. We should be able to stop the run very efficiently, and that is what there new coach prides himself on. The secondary is probably there strongest defensive attribute, lead by 2 Senior CB's, A Senior Free Safety and a Junior Strong Safety. We will lose a lot on this side of this ball over the next 2 years, so recruiting heavy defensively is a must for the new coach.

Final Thoughts

While I trust of offense can play well, I am not sure what will happen with the Qb situation. I trust our defense, and believe they can do enough to keep us in most games that we play. I see us going 8-8 this season and making it into a bowl game this year. In the next 2-3 years we should be able to compete for an ACC Title and win.

• Like Like x 1
  2. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

8-8? Boy oh boy you have too much professional football on the brain. :)

3. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Well how hard are our sliders gonna be?

4. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

Oh I get it, not 16 games lol! Damn I'm slow, I'll get it together guys, I promise!

• Like Like x 1