Season 1 Baseline Awards: Campaigning And Nominations

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by JFace907, Nov 19, 2012.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

It is now time for one of the most anticipated parts of The Baseline. The Baseline Awards. The first part in this process is the campaigning and nominations. For those who are ready to submit nominations for MVP, ROY, DPOY, Coach of the Year, 6th Man, and Executive of the Year feel free and do so. For those that think they need to do a little campaigning for their guy to warrant a nomination, this is your place.

For those that weren't with us before, these are the rules. You get a nomination OR a second of a nomination for each award. For example if my nomination of Kyrie Irving for MVP is already there i can second that and that counts as my nomination for the MVP award. EVERY nomination must be seconded for him to be placed on the ballot. For example. If Joe Johnson is nominated by a user for MVP, but no one comes to second that nomination he is left off the ballot. So, PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Use your nomination/second wisely. If you are campaigning, please make it clear with a bold CAMPAIGN title. If you are nominating, please put it in the specified format:

MVP:
    ROY:
    DPOY:
    6th Man:
    COY:
    EXEC:

With that said, lets kick off the award season!!!! This period ends Wednesday Morning.

Bondzai
    JFace907
    ZCar352
    Bucs
    Papa Perry
    dj illmatic 23
    Blaza
    TEClemson53
    recchem2000
    capp34
    bringbackjimmy
    Ghost
    KnightNoles
    Mike E
    Dru50
    JrRawlins
    PAgamer07
    ryalaman
    RyanC
    sonn

Officially on the Ballot!
    MVP: Kyrie Irving (CLE), Kevin Durant (OKC), Deron Williams (BKN), Derrick Rose (CHI)
    ROY: Bradley Beal (WAS), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (CHA), Austin Rivers (NOH), Damian Lillard (POR)
    DPOY: Josh Smith (ATL)
    6th Man: Jamal Crawford (LAC), J.R. Smith (NYK)
    COY: JFace907 (CLE), JrRawlins (NOH)
    EXEC: Dru50 (CHI), Bucs (ATL), sonn (IND)

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

MVP: Kyrie Irving
    ROY: MKG
    DPOY: Josh Smith
    6th Man: Jordan Crawford
    COY: JFace907
    EXEC: Dru50

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

ROY: Bradley Beal
    6th Man:
    COY: JrRawlins
    EXEC: Bucs

4. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

ROY: Bradley Beal
    6th Man: Jamal Crawford

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

The OP will be frequently updated with who is officially on the ballot for those who may want to nominate another worthy candidate.

6. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

MVP: Kevin Durant
    ROY: Damian Lillard
    DPOY: Will update later
    6th Man: Jamal Crawford (seconded)
    COY: JrRawlins (seconded)
    EXEC: Bucs (seconded)

7. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

MVP - Derrick Rose
    ROY - Bradley Beal
    COY - JrRawlins

8. Dru50

I'll campaign for Rose even though he won't get votes probably. He has better stats across the board than the media darling Kyrie Irving, and his shot attempts and usage rate are lower than Irving. If I shot as much with Rose as J does with Kyrie, Derricks numbers would be off the charts. Fact is, he is impossible for anyone but about 2 guards in the league to keep in front of and he is the ONLY reason I'm where I'm at in the standings.

9. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I love it, you even sandbag your campaigns.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

ROY: MKG (seconded)
    6th Man: JR Smith
    COY: Jrrawlins
    EXEC: Ghost

• Like Like x 1
  11. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

Nah, just kidding.

Exec: sonn

12. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

I would campaign for Austin Rivers... but i think Beal will probably win.... despite Rivers leading the Hornets to a 40 win season averaging over 20 points a night with 7 assists.......

13. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

ROY: Austin Rivers
    6th Man: JR SmiFF(seconded)
    EXEC: Dru50 (seconded)​

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I’m gonna put my politician hat and do a bit of campaigning here. I’m gonna campaign for myself as Executive of the Year. My moves weren’t made with blockbuster trades, but rather scouting the FA market for players that fit my playstyle. I’m sure most (if not all) have shouted “Leuer?! Who the eff is that guy? Troy Murphy?! Didn’t he retire?!” The single trade that I did make has paid big dividends as Nate Robinson has provided me a dynamic scorer to backup Kyrie Irving or even play beside him creating an explosive (but small) backcourt. That is my schpeal, I would greatly appreciate it if my name was on the ballot for Executive of the Year, thank you!

15. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

MVP: Kevin Durant- Take him away from Perry, well enough said.
    ROY: Austin Rivers- Stats & Wins
    6th Man: Jamal Crawford
    COY: JR or JFace can't go wrong with either. JFace though because of just Kyrie with Waiters showing up sometime and no one else.
    EXEC: Sonn

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

OP updated. Please let me know if someone was seconded that i missed.

17. Dru50

Kyrie is going to win it going away.

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

MVP:Rose(2nd)
    ROY:Lillard(2nd)
    DPOY:update later
    6th:update later
    coach:Jr or jface
    exec:we should vote on this after draft/FA as my moves were solely based off FA...with that said i'll campaign myself. I signed both Oden and 2k favorite Twill. I turned Twill into Taj Gibson who is going to be key to my future success and i got rid of Jefferies contract. I also got myself into the running for D12,cp3 sweepstakes.

19. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

These are the nominations for the Baseline season 1 awards:
    MVP: Deron Williams
    ROY: Austin Rivers
    DPOY: Iman Shumpert
    6th Man: Jamall Crawford
    EXEC: sonn

MVP​
    Despite what it looks like this not simply a home team pick. I'm sticking with the same reasoning that had me vote Melo for MVP at the mid-point. The MVP should go to the best player on the best team. The Nets finished with the best record in the league, had the longest winning streak, a top 10 offense, and the top ranked defense in the league. D Will is the man that led the team to these marks. He led the team in scoring, assists, steals, and FT%. His offensive numbers could have been higher, but he sat out the 4th quarter in a lot of games. He is 40th in minutes per game. He is also extremely clutch. He hit game winning shots against the Lakers and the Hornets, and would have had one against the 76'ers if Richardson didn't answer back.​
    ROY​
    Bradley Beal has better numbers, but Rivers has helped his team battle for the top spot in the west which is the deciding factor for me. ​
    DPOY​
    Despite Josh Smith's impressive numbers, I give the nod to Iman Shumpert because of his defense guarding perimeter players. For the most part Baseline is a perimeter oriented league, and no one does a better job of guarding perimeter players than Shump. ​
    6th Man​
    Jamal is instant offense off the bench.​
    COY​
    JFace907 probably did the most with the least. Kyrie is a beast, but after that there's not much. He's going to be a tough out come playoff time.​
    EXEC​
    sonn made several moves this season, and came out a better team for it. Noah and Scola provide the Pacers with a tough front line to deal with, and Chandler Parsons provides Indiana with big, athletic, versatile wing players. ​

20. Connor

Connor Walk On

Probably not the place to post, but thought the most people would see it here. I'm interested in buying the game and joining the league. What are the openings if any or when can I jump in the league?

21. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Currently there are no openings. Don't let that deter from getting the best sports SIM on the market

22. Connor

Connor Walk On

Ive played it on PS3 and really love myplayer

23. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Maybe we should post a check-in thread to confirm who will be back for Season 2?

24. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

MVP: Darron Williams (Second)
    ROY: MKG (2nd)
    DPOY: ?
    6th Man: Thaddeus Young
    COY: recchem2000
    JFace907 maybe someone can compile some defensive stats? Looks like guys are having trouble with this one.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Dru50

Yeah, I didn't put anyone because there isn't any guy I could think of that's been lighting it up in steals or blocks.