Season 1, Bowl Week! - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 2, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced to Bowl Week. While some of you were resting your cute lil heads, we advanced to week 15 which was Conference Championship Week and in which there was no recruiting to be done and no games to be played.

So on tothe Bowls! And guess who is in...

Next Advance:
    -Friday midnight EST or
    -When Brett, Luke, GWood, Weave, and myself finish our bowl games

Last Week:
    -Plague sorta blew it, Heath sorta blew it... But ole Mullen. Now Mullen blew it.

This Week:
    -Snubbed!... FAU and UMass

Important Notes:
    -The Coaching Carousel will be uneventful. We have a mandatory 2yr tenure requirement at all jobs with the exception of alma mater offers. In other words, I will be declining all offers for everyone unless the odd chance that an alma mater already comes calling (not happening).
    -The Offseason, since it can be done online, will be quick and efficient. Please plan now to be ready and on the lookout as early as tomorrow evening to get it started.
    -Watch your numbers!
    -Do your dang Team Pages. If your team page is not done in full, you will have no place in the League History and your default 0-99 record will stand from here on out. Laziness.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke Walk On

New Mexico Bowl Champs! Videos Uploaded!

Check out my Flea Flicker!

• Like Like x 3
  3. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

MTSU loses in big offensive game

ole miss looked like they were arkansas out of the sec and throwing all of the place and just couldn't be stopped it literally looked like ole miss was having an offense only practice. Where MTSU had to punt it twice and would turn it over two times which both turn overs were in the red zone and MTSU was about to score.
    However MTSU run game was just unstoppable as they would run for a combined 261 yards but wouldnt come close to where ole miss had 473 yards passing and couldn't be stopped. MTSU would do everything they could to stop the new and supposed OFFENSIVE juggernaut but the Blue Raiders would not succeed in anythign they did to stop them even when ole miss was just trying to run out the clock they run in for a 61 yard touchdown.
    Bad showing for the MTSU defense but on a bright note The MTSU Blue Raiders offense had an amazing game and as a team had an incredible year after only winning 2 games the previous season.

Final Score MTSU 42 the other team 56

Qb L. Kilgore 14-22 262 yards 1 td
    Hb B. Cunnigham 22 att 120 yards 2 td
    Wr T. Jefferson 6 catches 159 yards

• Like Like x 3
  4. vatechhokie01

UTSA Stirs Up Controversy With Unexpected Bowl Invitation

This is what we know. UTSA, in its first full year of football, let alone the FBS, went 6-6 and looked strong. Impressive to say the least. However, with one win being an FCS and the other six coming against the likes of North Texas, Army, San Jose State, Utah State and Idaho... the conspiracy theories are out. And dirty money and big market bias is the accusation.

"I don't know, ya know. I'm pretty frustrated. We beat UConn, Vanderbilt... heck, every single win we had was so much bigger than anything the Roadrunners did. I'm confused to say the least," said snubbed UMass Head Coach Scott Plague. "Yea, I know I lost 4 in a row and really blew it at the end, but come on. And I really don't appreciate Coach Hale calling me a cheese-dick either. But whatever. I gotta run."

San Antonio megatropolis. 40,000 fans on average in the first year. Unexpectedly good recruiting class. Texas football. And a coach that hasn't exactly, even in his short time, be known for low-profile above board goings-on. The country is officially watching.

• Like Like x 3
  5. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Luke and Brett have played already, who saw that coming :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Holy crap your RB is fast! 90 OVR is just stupid!

7. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Ole Miss in beast mode! Two WR go for over 200 YDS, and the QB throws for almost 500! Absolute bat shit!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Luke

Luke Walk On

Bulls finish off Falcons 27-7

"It's a sweet way to finish, a huge momentum builder." Coach Luke proclaimed after the New Mexico Bowl. The Bulls capped the season defeating Air Force handily 27-7. The Bulls got a boost from Junior reciever Alex Neutz who was playing his first game since early October. Neutz was a force on the outside, grabbing 9 balls for 146 yards and a touchdown. The highlight being a diving catch in triple coverage on a flea flicker. Neutz wasn't the only one making highlight plays as Branden Oliver added his own highlight play, a 61 yard touchdown scamper on the 3rd play of the game. Oliver finished with another 100+ effort on 15 carries.

The Bulls defense was phenomenal down the stretch of the season and nothing changed in the Bowl game. They wouldve posted a shutout and did theoretically, but the Falcons added a lone TD on a fumble recovery when the Bulls offense was on the field. With this defense returning 7 starters and bringing in what seem to be upgrades, the future is bright in Buffalo.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Luke

Luke Walk On

Crossing my fingers he'll be back. My team is gonna be soo good next year. If he comes back only need to replace 2 linemen and QB ( Freshman has better throwing attributes & is now redshirting)

10. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

It was absolutely ridicules, I tried everything to stop them and nothing work it sucked so bad!

Most frustrating lost ever

11. vatechhokie01

lol, that flea-flicker was awesome because:
    a) the flicker did nothing and your dude was like triple-covered and you still threw it and
    b) that catch was just filthy!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Luke

Luke Walk On

Yeah the replay made it look sick but in reality it was zone and he was positioned perfectly in-between all 3.

In other news Lee Skinner 2nd team All-American!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Hey thats dedication for this league

• Like Like x 3
  14. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

Sim my bowl game.

I just played it and lost 41-27. I had a freeze at the end of the game as it was showing photos.

I turned it over 3 times, had 12 (12!!!!!!!!) credited drops, had 2 touchdowns called back due to my only 2 penalties of the game (1 was a kickoff return td) and my QB suffered a major injury because he scrambled for a first down.

I am very concerned right now...I had the game freeze on the intro menu screen this morning, then the freeze post game, then I tried to reboot the game and it froze again on me on the boot screen. There was a tuning patch this morning, so that may have been the culprit.

15. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

WKU WENT BOWLING IN THE THE MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL VS PURDUE AND WON, WKU 34 - PURDUE 14! Now let me get ready for work I will update everything from work!!!

Purdue scored with :58 seconds left in the 1st qtr when HB Ralph Bolden scored from 4 yards out. WKU was able to get on the scoreboard with 3:42 left in the second on a 5 yard pass connection between Kawaun Jakes and TE Jack Doyle. Purdue answered 41 seconds later with a 2 yard TD run by Caleb TerBush. WKU took their next drive to pay dirt when Keshawn Simpson scored on a 2 yard TD with 1:46 left. WKU was able to capitalize on field position and was able to kick a 43 yard FG as time expired in the 2 qtr. The 3 qtr WKU pulled away when Rico Brown scored 2 TD's from 11 and 3 yards out. WKU scored a 22 yard FG with 5:03 left in the 4th and then went to ground and pound mode to seal their bowl win.

10 Wins Season for the Hilltoppers!

QB K.Jakes 17 - 22 294 3 TD 1 INT

RB K.Simpson 18 ATT 62 YDS 1 TD

TE J. Doyle 4 REC 95 YDS 1 TD (PASSING IS BALANCED I PROMISE);)

LE Quanterus Smith 5 Tack 4 Solo 4 Sacks for the game...This guy was hurt during my losing streak and he is a Sr oh what could have been!!!

Now let me get ready for work I will update everything soon...

HIGHLIGHTS UPLOADED...

16. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

Oh damn we were playing at the same tie if I don't upload I'm pissed.

17. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

The way you run the read option is sick!!! I wanted to be able to do that but once my QB got hurt it was a wrap...

Great Job dude they had 4 long TDs and 3 were over 60 yards. This is when it shows the difference in team speed and power between top tier schools and ours.

18. G Morg

G Morg Walk On

T.Russ.R.Reid.png

Mr. Russell will be in the mix for QB job day 1...STAY TUNED!!!

19. vatechhokie01

playing game now. will advance when done.

offseason coming up boys! again... team pages, records.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Goose

Goose Walk On

updated

21. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Been updated after every game boss.

22. vatechhokie01

UTSA gets absolutely trounced in the Poinsettia Bowl, 44-8

It was never gonna happen. Upon the UTSA initial kickoff, things looked doomed from the beginning after Nevada was able to complete two 3rd and 19s to score early, only to be outdone by a coinciding kickoff fumble return. Nevada, 14-0. On the next UTSA possession, the Roadrunners were unable to punch it in as Nevada impressively stuffed the Roadrunners from the inch-yard line three straight plays from 2nd and Goal. (UTSA was 0 for like 8 on down and inches plays for the game) One more fumble and 5,308 more injuries later, Nevada found itself up a quick 21-0. It was over from there. Strangely, UTSA played a pretty good game with zero interceptions and moderately...

and as I write this my 3yr old daughter just ejected my disk at the stats screen. Awesome. What a week!

Highlights of the Bowl:
    -Up 28-2 and nearing halftime, Nevada ran a fake punt on 4th and 8 that had me fooled to say the least
    -Up 44-8 with 30 seconds to go in the game, Nevada ran a successful 1st and 10 pass play for a first down

I had no chance. My team needs players... fast.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Luke

Luke Walk On

Ouch that hurt to read.

24. Goose

Goose Walk On

That had to earn her a timeout. lol

Quick someone better call The Ravishing One up.

• Like Like x 4
  25. Brettmonty

Brettmonty Walk On

Its just about that DE and having a good reaction time to it and if you read it right most of the time you will get a good gain, but sometimes they just have the right defensive play called to and stops you in the back field. Its just a really good play to keep the other team off balanced and thinking more than they want

Yeah the speed was killing me. On those tds the wr was behind both my corner and safety everytime for the touchdown, or they just threw up and they out jumped my team to get a huge gain lol