Season 1 Chatter

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by hoppedupford, Sep 21, 2011.

1. hoppedupford

hoppedupford Walk On

I guess the season starts tonight and I wanted to wish everyone good luck with their season. I look forward to having some fun and exciting games this season. It just sucks my first game is against the comp.

2. fuzzyl0gic

fuzzyl0gic No new friends

Good luck to you as well, don't know if we play yet this season, but look forward to playing you again. We had some close games.

3. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Prepare for Stephen Jackson to run it down your throats all damn year! Rams, 2011 Super Bowl Champions! I wish.

4. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Good luck to you to. Wish I could play the CPU week 1... work in the new guys and work out some of the kinks before the real games start.

5. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

Good luck all.

6. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

I wouldnt mind that myself... I've played exactly two games of Madden '12 lol. And wont be playing a third until my Week 1 game vs the Jags

7. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

lol, yeah I have played 4...gonna be a long season.

Good luck to you all!!!

add me to skype if you want : joeptc1

8. fuzzyl0gic

Cam Newton did not have a good debut in the TMFL league. I forced some things, especially a late hail mary pass, and it ended up resulting in 3 INTs. Lost my first game 14-20 to the Cardinals; that was a good game sibellius

You had some great drives that chewed up the clock, I could not get you off the field.

9. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

Im not gonna lie... I kinda hate everything about Madden so far...

I dont like the graphics, i dont like the feel... but i like the league :)

10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Renamed this thread so people can banter back and forth.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

I'm pretty much with you - we have something good going on here in the TMFL though so I'm not going to give up on it just because the game isn't what I thought it would be.

12. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Despite the Week 1 win the Lions have lost DT Cory Williams for the entire season... DT Nick Fairley will know takeover the starting role

13. antcap24

antcap24 Walk On

I didnt like the feel of this game to start...

The more I play it, and the more familiar I get with it, the better it gets.

i was frustrated that thigns didnt work like they used to.

I literally had to go back to the drawing board and re-invent.

14. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

you must have re invented quick because you put up 56 points in your 1st game. But you did have an amazing game on the ground.

15. SatansAngel1104

SatansAngel1104 Walk On

So me and Jacksonville cant get past the first few plays...
    Keeps disconnecting saying opponent kicked due too excessive grieving... wtf does that mean lol.

16. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

lost to the Pats... 2 secs on the 4 yard line, and Henne almost throws a pick for the loss... heh... great game.... running game on my end, not so much.... bleh.

17. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

I thought I had the game in hand until right before the half when you scored that TD. If you had converted that 3rd down in the 4th (the one where Newton got hit as he was throwing), my chances of winning would have probably gone out the window. My LB Lenon came up big for me the whole game and Patrick Peterson did a lot better then I thought he would on Steve Smith. Cam Newton made a couple nice plays, I kept expecting you to run him though. The first few drives I was hot routing guys into QB spy just in case, lucky for me it was the reason I got that first pick. I'll try to get a recap up later tonight.

18. fuzzyl0gic

Yeah I can definitely learn from this game. That would explain how he was in the perfect position...I totally didn't read him when I made that throw. People will be spying me all season, so it's a good thing I'm aware of that now. The second INT was the one to the flats; my guy got bumped, and then starting running again into space so I thought he had it. Dumb move.

I was most frustrated with myself on the very last INT, the one that sealed the deal for you. I called a Hail Mary trips to get the ball down the field in a hurry because I had no TOs remaining. I thought I saw something, let it fly, and boom it was over.

I try not to run Cam unless I have too, I really didn't feel the need except maybe one or two times. The only time I ran him I think was after a PA and absolutely nobody was open.

19. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Played my first online game today vs the Bucs. I think its is leaps and bounds better than last time I was in the TMFL which was Madden 10.

20. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

yeah was convinced u were gonna score but thankfully i held out for the win but it was heart attack stuff lol

21. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

I lost to the CPU:(

Chargers were unstopable. Kind of a weird game. Oh-well, my perfect record prediction is still in tact.

22. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

what was the score mate? i have them next

23. systemhead

systemhead Walk On

Looking forward to getting the season started! Sorry for being absent the past few days but Ive been sick. I'm bummed I missed out on the Free Agency but thats ok. This should be fun!

24. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

14-28

25. GovernedSpy

GovernedSpy Walk On

unlucky man