Season 1: Coaches Outlook

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by Jman, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Jman

Jman It's a Flying Circus!

2. Matthew Keves

Matthew Keves Walk On

Lol...given that I've taken over the worst team in D-1, my expectations are quite low. In fact, not only am I the worst team overall, I have the worst offense and defense ratings also...lol.
    In terms of winning games, I'm going to set my goal at 4-8. If I could pull that off I'd be very excited and would expect to keep my job.
    On offense, I have a decent QB but I'm excited because I'm redshirting a frosh who could be pretty good for me if I survive long enough to use him next season. My starting RB has some skill, but he hasn't survived a single game I've played so far in practice.
    Defensively, sigh...

In terms of my mindset, I'm just excited to play and try and improve on last season's 1-11 record. I think it'll be fun to have to work my ass off in recruiting so next season maybe I won't be the least-talented team in D-1.

3. IXI DECAY IXI

IXI DECAY IXI Walk On

Walker Sets His Sights on a Strong First Season!
    Pre-Season 2011

"It's been a long summer! We've busted our our asses day in and day out. Remember to keep your mind focused and your hearts full and good things will happen! It's your time to pave the road to success and it start this year!" Those were coach Walker's final words as his troops rallied in for the summers last practice before the season officially begins. It's been a successful training camp for the Green Wave this season as the players are really starting to rally around their new head coach. Only time will tell if heart and soul are enough to carry a team or will their lack of physical presence keep them from achieving their goals!

Offense:
    The offense will rally behind Junior quarterback Ryan Griffin. Griffin has proven to be a premier quarterback and really has the talents to take it to the next level. The Green Wave are really expecting Griffin to carry this team to a productive season and hopefully return for a Senior campaign. Standing at 6'5 and 215lbs, Griffins physical appearance is enough to scare any defense he sets his sights on. Griffin will also look to his roommate Orleans Darkwa to help carry the load in 2011. Darkwa isn't your dominate bulldozing back but instead uses his awareness and speed to find gaps in the defense. The Green Wave are hoping Orleans will have over a 1,000 yard campaign this year and lead the offense will a well balanced attack.

The trenches will be led by 6'3 290lb Emmanuel Aluko. This is Aluko's final season as a Green Wave and he is hoping to end it on a high note. At the beginning of the spring Aluko was not happy to see his former head coach be forced out of his position because of a local scandal, but by springs end Aluko has become Walker's #1 supporter.

Although the Green Wave have a below average receiving core, D.J. Hanks is hoping to turn that reputation around and give defenses something to really worry about. Hanks will be a small but quick target for Griffin this season but is projected to be the teams #1 receiver out of the slot position. Another one of Griffins favorite targets is going to be Ryan Grant. Grant sports a little more size and possession skills than Hanks and will be sure to be Griffins go-to guy on much needed conversions.

Overall, the Green Wave should have a somewhat successful season on the offensive side of the ball with the pro style attack that Walker is going to be using. The key for them will be that their attack will have to stay balanced because neither the ground or the air game are strong enough to support it on their own.

Defense:
    The defense is going to be led by team captain Trent Mackey at the middle linebacker position. Mackey is a stout linebacker with a dominant force and the Green Wave are looking to him to be their playmaker in 2011. Mackey will be the anchor to stopping the run while also providing decent coverage.

The voice of the defense is no doubt led by Shakiel Smith. The bruising free safety will doubt let you know what he is thinking at all times. Smith is no doubt the most obnoxious team member on the Green Wave but he does use his voice to good when it comes to Saturday.

The Green Wave do not have a ton of playmakers on defense and their pass rush has looked quite weak at times this spring. The inconsistency of the defense this spring has proven that the Green Wave may suffer with some of their opponents this year. Although, Mackey has stated that he has something planned for the Green Waves first off week that will for sure provide a spark to the defense.

Coach Walker ended his press conference by stating some of the goals that he hopes to achieve in his first season as head coach and let us be the first to say that he really holds himself to a high standard! "What's the point in setting a low bar? The higher the bar, the higher the motivation. I believe that our possibilities rely solely on us so I'm going to hold this team to a high standard and I expect to reach it!"

We have put together a couple of Walker's top goals for his 2011 campaign.
    - 8 wins or more.
    - Conference USA (West) champions.
    - 1,500 rushing yards.
    - 2,500 passing yards.
    - 24 points per game.
    - 17 allowed points per game.
    - Sign 4 :3stars:recruits.
    - Make a bowl game.

Thanks for reading! Copyright "The Green Wave Courier"

4. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

^^^^^ Show off

5. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

UL-Monroe Warhawks

Offense
    It's all about rsSO QB Kolton Browning. He is a playmaker and his play will dictate how well the Warhawks fair on the offensive side of the ball. rsSO Jyruss Edwards will carry the load in the backfield. The WR core is lead by SR Luther Ambrose, but expect the top 4-5 WRs se plenty of action as UL-Monroe spreads out the field. The o-line is average at best.

Defense
    The front 7 is lead by rsSR MLB Jason Edwards and will be the srtong suit of the Warhawks defense. The secondary is very questinable and if the front 7 can not put pressure on the QB the DB unit will get a lot of work.

Outlook
    UL-Monroe may have to outscore all their opponents as their defense doesn't look good on paper. Depth will be a problem on both sides of the ball. If the Warhawks can stay healthy and their offense live up to expectations a Sun Belt title should not be out of teh question. UL-Monroe gets a chance early to test the powerhouses of the NCAA with games against Oregon and TCU to open up the season.

6. papaloke

papaloke Fifty Shades of NCAA

UAB

Offense
    The Key to a successful season for the blazer starts with their Sr. QB, Bryan Ellis. He's been though the wars and some tough times at UAB but he's poised to turn things around this year. If he can keep his head on straight and not throw 4 picks a game the blazer should hopefully make it to a lower tier bowl game.

Defense
    Lacking in talent they make up for it with heart. Jr, MLB Marvin Burdette leads the defense this year. It's predicted that the "D" will struggle this year but it won't be because of lack of effort.

Outlook
    The blazers have a tough schedule ahead. A opening week bye then games against TN, West Virginia and MS State. Hopefully this will set the Blazers up for a showdown in the C-USA championship game against Tulane.
    Prediction for the season: 7-4.

7. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

After a 1-11 season and scandal to boot, University of New Mexico head coach Mike Locksley has been shown the door to make room for Florida alum Nate Glory. Glory inherits a Lobo team with low expectations. Unfortunately for UNM and Glory, he’s been placed on indefinite suspension before the season even began. The UNM Vice President for Athletics Paul Krebs explained “I’m not sure how they do it over in Florida but things move a little slower out here in the West. Glory just came in with a bit too much bravado and attitude for everybody’s initial liking. Make no mistake, he is the head coach of the future, but right now we just felt it best to give him what you might call a timeout.” When reached for comment in Tijuana, Glory only stated in a somewhat slurred voice, “Hey it’s all good . . . I’m still getting paid.” Glory is expected to continue recruiting duties making calls from his brothel, errrrr vacation home in Mexico. On the field things look bleak for the Lobos with two quarterbacks who seem interchangeable. The bright spot there is that neither one of them are likely to last a whole game anyway. The Defense is led by a 90 rated senior middle linebacker who really can’t wait to get out of there. It’s always an adventure in Albuquerque and the 2011 season looks like it won’t be any different!

PS I’ve got a pretty funny story about a personal experience with Mike Locksley I should share with you all sometime

• Like Like x 1
  8. Coacher

Coacher Walk On

Western Michigan Outlook for 2011.

The future looks bright for the Broncos in 2011 we feel as if we will be able to challenge to get a shot at playing in the MAC championship and winning it this year. We have a good looking team lead by our Jr. QB Alex Carder.

Offense - Our goals for the offense is to be a balanced attack lead by Carder and Soph HB Tevin Drake. We are hoping to have Carder throw for 2000yds and Drake rush for over 1000. These are realistic goals and should be met barring any injurys.

Defense - Our D will be learning a new system with the 4-2-5 but we feel we have the athletes to make the system work. We have a goal of being in the to 50 teams in the NCAA in points allowed.

Coaching - The goals of 8 wins and a bowl game are there but the real goal is to win the MAC conference this year.

9. GatorJes

GatorJes Walk On

"Smart with Heart"

That's the motto of this year's New Mexico State team. It's enscribed on their players' shirts and on the door of the locker room.

"We know we won't be the fastest team or the strongest team in Division I, so we have to win games in other ways. We have to play smarter and we have to play with more heart and hustle. That's the only way we're going to win," Aggies' first year coach Jesse Kriske said.

The schedule is difficult, but not the most difficult in the country. Minnesota comes to Las Cruces to open the season. Later, Nevada comes to town. Tough road games include at Air Force, at New Mexico, at Hawai'i, at Georgia, and at BYU. None of the Aggies' opponents are ranked in the preseason top-25.

But this team might still be far away from competing for a WAC Championship. In fact, many are picking them to finish dead last in the 8-team WAC. They'll need offensive leaders Kenny Turner (Jr-RB) and Matt Christian (Sr-QB) to play their best. They'll need a big year from Donyae Coleman (Sr-FS). Plus the "All name squad," a.k.a. Linebackers Blueboy Aoelua and Xxx Xxxxxxx. They'll need help from all 23 seniors. And they'll need to play smart. With alot of heart.

10. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

Idaho to Vandalize a stadium near you!

With only 4 home games and 7 games on the road, this rag-tag bunch of potato pickers is actually happy to escape the Moscow winter to travel to beautiful places like Palo Alto and College Station. However, having road games at Stanford, Texas A&M, Nevada, BYU, Kent State (JMAN) and New Mexico State (GatorJes) means it's going to be a long road for first year coach Dusty Bottoms.

The Vandals are going to have to work the clock by handing off to their two talented Senior running backs Princeton McCarty and Kama Bailey and keep the opposing home crowds out of it. Defense is definitely the strength of the team with all 3 linebackers ranking among the top 8 most talented players on the team.

Outlook: Idaho will need to get some big road wins to hit their main goal of 8-4. The key is not dropping below 6 wins and getting themselves to a bowl game.

11. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On

So I'm a Junior at UF and I work for AM850 WRUF in the sports department. I'm assigned to go interview our Defensive Coordinator Charlie Strong after practice one day. Well Coach Strong is the Head Coach at Louisville right now, but back then he wasn't on TV all the time and I didn't really know what he looked like . . . I just knew he was a bald black guy. Anyway, I show up to practice and I ask one of the players (Max Starks) where Coach Strong is and he points off in a direction. Well unfortunately he was pointing a little further back than I realized, but a bald African-American coach is running in my direction with a few players and as he comes by I yell "Coach Strong?" and he just belts out "I'm coach Locksley" and as I attempt to apologize he just goes "We all look the same, right?? We all look the same!!!"

• Like Like x 2
  12. GatorJes

GatorJes Walk On

haha oops

13. ChuckDzzNutz

ChuckDzzNutz Walk On