Season 1 - Conf Championship & Bowl Scores

Discussion in 'The Trifecta' started by Dru50, Feb 26, 2010.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Season 1 - Conf Championship & Bowl Scores

We are in the conference championships.

SEC:
    Alabama vs Florida

Big 12:
    Oklahoma vs Nebraska

I would like it if someone would volunteer to post the bowl games once finalized and maybe do a brief preview of any user vs user bowl matchups.

We will try to advance to the bowls by Sunday night.

2. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Championship Week

Southeastern Conference Championship Game
    [​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Ranking Bama Florida
    Overall A- A+
    Offense B+ A
    Defense A A+
    PPG 44.0 (2) 43.4 (3)
    Total O 5444 (4) 5454 (15)
    Rush O 2018 (9) 2332 (4)
    Pass O 3426 (15) 3122 (25)
    Total D 4142 (71) 3859 (48)
    Rush D 1153 (20) 1152 (18)
    Pass D 2989 (101) 2707 (76)
    Turnover 2 (49) 11 (9)
    This game should be a fun game to play in. Both teams have NFL talent littered all over the field and dont let the defense statistics fool you, these two defenses feature the best LBs and Secondary personnel in the country. Chris Rainey is probable for Florida and how well will McElroy play? Will Alabama be able to secure a lead and pound the rock to take time off the clock? Will Florida come out on fire and score in bunches without using any clock? I'll take Florida to continue what they have done all year.

Big XII Championship Game
    [​IMG]
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Ranking Neb OU
    Overall B+ A+
    Offense B A+
    Defense B+ A
    PPG 42.1 (5) 42.7 (4)
    Total O 4983 (9) 4858 (16)
    Rush O 2606 (2) 1872(22)
    Pass O 2377 (96) 2986(31)
    Total D 3257 (10) 4225 (78)
    Rush D 565 (1) 782 (2)
    Pass D 2692 (74) 3443 (119)
    Turnover 2 (49) 17(3)
    Oklahoma has a decisive hand in this game and in their previous matchup OU won 30-10. Will the Huskers fix what made them lose by 20 points early in November or will it be the Sooners staying on top for the second time in the year. Oklahoma brings a balanced attack while Nebraska like to pound the ground game and wear you out. Both teams play a stellar rush D so look for the best strategic coach to win this game, but Ill take OU to win this game.

3. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Nice preview, I am pleasantly surprised at how well Nebraska's stats stand up vs everyone else. Interesting that it is the #2 rushing offense vs the #2 rushing defense, I might need to practice throwing a little more against that 4-2-5.

4. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

BIG 12 CHAMPIONS

Your BIG 12 Champions are The Oklahoma Sooners!!!

(#3) OU 35 - (#8) Neb 28

Instant Classic this one was. Close game the whole way and Nebraska had some big time scares during the course of the game. Nebraska won the coin toss and kicked it off. Much like the last time these two met, the very first play was a turnover for a score...but this time it was Nebraska drawing 1st blood. Landry Jones was sacked and fumbled and who else but Suh picked that rock up and chugged in for a TD. It was apparant on the 1st few drives that Nebraska was gonna play the pass hard and with intensity. But, little did they know that OU came in with a game plan that was a taste of their own medicine. OU was intent on pounding the ball to a tune of 35 carries by starting RB C. Brown for 177 yards and 4 TD's. OU QB Landry Jones added 16 passes for 241 yds, 0 td's and 1 Interception. A. Tennell led the OU Receivers with 4 catches for 103 yds. These two teams went back and forth the whole game and OU went up 28-21 late in the 3rd Q. Nebraska went on a fine drive that was almost ended when they were faced with a 4th and long (i think around 4th n 14) and WR Holt caught a 19 yd pass from Lee, right between 2 defenders in the endzone. This is when OU thought they were doomed to lose this game some how. OU turned around and led a near 3 minute drive for RB Brown to score his 4th TD with 43 seconds left and 0 time outs for Nebraska. Great Game as a whole here and i think we are gonna have GREAT battles for a long time. A rivalry a brewin if you will.

5. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Forgot to mention OU's Biggest accomplishment!!! OU held the Top Rushing Attack to 26 Yards on 31 Carries!!!! Although they did pass for 218 yds.

6. Dru50

Florida wins the SEC title in a game vs the CPU (due to my schedule we weren't going to be able to match up in the next few days so I let Eagles play the CPU to allow us to move on) 51-41, so at least my assistant coaches gave him a game.

7. Dru50

Bowl week 2 is up - only Cincy has a game.

8. Dru50

User Player Awards:

Heisman - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama - 72 catches, 1,391 yards, 14 TD
    Maxwell - Mark Ingram, HB, Alabama - 291 carries, 1,287 yards, 26 TD
    Bednarik - Sam Proctor, SS, Oklahoma - 95 tackles, 20 TFL, 11 sacks, 6 INT, 4 FF, 2 TD
    Walker - Shariff Harris, HB, Pittsburgh - 274 carries, 1,345 yards, 26 TD
    Best WR - Brandon Banks, WR, Kansas St - 78 catches, 1,448 yards, 17 TD
    Mackey - Aaron Hernandez, TE, Florida - 45 catches, 685, 8 TD
    Lombardi - Brandon Harold, LE, Kansas St - 63 tackles, 30 TFL, 19 sacks, FF
    Thorpe - Sam Proctor, SS, Oklahoma - 95 tackles, 20 TFL, 11 sacks, 6 INT, 4 FF, 2 TD

9. EaglesIrish5

EaglesIrish5 Walk On

The Bama/Gator game was an emotional roller coast. Tebow threw 2 pick's for touchdowns. It went back and forth the entire way. I intercepted a hail mary and the last play of the half and took it back for a touchdown. That was a back breaker.

10. Dru50

Gators, any chance you can play your cpu bowl game today so I can advance tonight?

11. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Yeah, I'll get it in today. I have a user game at noon and then I'll play that one after that so you should be able to advance around 3 or so.

12. Dru50

Cool, thanks man.

13. GoGators

#21 Cincy 41
    Buff 3

Bearcats Win Motor City Bowl to Cap Season of Unmet Expectations

The Bearcats pounded an untalented and remarkable 8-4 Buffalo team. SR QB Tony Pike had a fun day as the Buffs were outmanned trying to cover the Bearcat WRs.

This caps the 09 season for the Bearcats which will be thought of what could of been. The Bearcats had high hopes this season and not making it to 10 wins really hurts. They'll look to rebuild this off season and get their defense together to hopefully be a contender in the Big East next season.

It's been fun calling plays for Gilyard and Pike all season long and it won't be the same without them around next year. Thankfully we'll have USC transfered WR Hazelton to make plays for us next year.

That's all for now, see you guys in the offseason.

Players of the Game:
    Game Ball QB T. Pike 218.4, 20/28, 333 yds, 4 TDs

14. GoGators

Now come on US Hockey Team. Let's kick Canada's ass and win that gold medal!!!

15. Dru50

Advanced to bowl week 3:

Teams with games:
    Notre Dame
    Texas
    Auburn vs Nebraska
    USF
    Oklahoma
    Kansas State
    Tennessee
    LSU

With only one user game I'd like to advance Tuesday night, but we will go to Wednesday night if needed.

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Please set me to AP. I don't think hippo should play a user bowl game against a new coach.

17. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Texas - 40
    Miami - 20

The Hurricanes were game for this one as they had it tied up at 20-20 early on in the 3rd quarter. However, the power run game and the timely passing of Colt McCoy proved too much for the up and coming canes.

McCoy- 25/32 279 2tds/2 picks
    McGee - 39 carries for 159 yards and a touch
    Kirkendoll/Williams 100 yards receiving each.

Texas is your 2010 Orange Bowl Champion.

18. Dru50

Will do - hippo, I will put dakota on AP in about an hour in case you want to try and play tonight.

19. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Did i miss somethin? Dru, did you switch to Notre Dame? and when?

20. Dru50

There is a thread on it below the 'stickies'. Yes, Beazus really wanted to ditch ND, which is the team I would have chosen originally had Bruce not wanted them. I gave him the option of taking Bama or LSU and I would take ND, and he really liked the option of taking LSU. I think this works for everyone, because to be honest, I really was having a hard time connecting with Bama in any way and Beazus got shoe-horned into a Big East team when he joined. He and I both end up with teams we're much happier with this way.

Bonus for you is your bowl game is now a CPU game.

21. Dru50

Armed Forces Bowl
    Notre Dame 52
    Air Force 21

With a new coach at the helm, the Fighting Irish revisited an old rivalry against the Air Force Acadamy, coming out with a big win. The bowl win gives the Irish their first 10 win season in several years.

The offense played well behind Jimmy Clausen, who threw for 445 yards and 5 TD's, and easily would have thrown for over 500 if he weren't errant on a number of throws in the bad weather (it was a freaking downpour). The running game was looking great early, with Armando Allen picking up 34 yards on the opening drive. Then he got hurt and missed the rest of the game. The backup Irish backs are really more pounders than anything, but they moved the chains and got first downs when needed. 5 holding calls took away several nice long runs in the game.

The defense is what Coach Dru was really surprised by, especially the defensive line, who picked up 7 sacks. The pressure was caused entirely by the front 4, as the team didn't dial up a blitz all game.

If the underclassmen stay for next season, especially Clausen, things look pretty bright for next season.

22. marcman777

marcman777 Walk On

Well, the computer Hex was in full effect vs Bama. OU got thumped. Kinda took them lightly goin in cuz it was a computer game so i was on the phone for the whole 1st Q and some of the 2nd. Fell to 14-0 before i paused it and got the F off the phone. Scored a TD and a FG to come within 4 pts of Bama at the half. Then i just couldn't do a damn thing against them and they were breakin ridiculous tackles and scoring HUGE TD's. Landry threw for over 400 yds since we were behind the whole game. Can't remember the score, but they won by 2 scores at least. Very upset with this loss and rest assured, OU will come out with a huge chip on their shoulder next year. And they will show with authority.

23. Dru50

Guys, I will be advancing the OD tonight, so if you haven't gotten your game in, you have until around 10pm EST.

24. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Cotton Bowl

#14 Nebraska - 56
    vs
    Auburn - 14

Quentin Castille played a great game, leading the Cornhuskers to victory with 170 yards on the ground and 4 TDs. WR Curenski Gilleylen took the opening KO back for a TD and SS Larry Asante sacked the Auburn QB forcing a fumble that was recovered by Pierre Allen and returned 66 yards for a TD. The defense played well, as the 1st team only allowed 1 score before the Tigers added a TD late against the 2nd team. Mid-season Heisman hopeful Roy Helu Jr was a gametime decision, but wasn't able to go. Both Castille and Helu Jr are Juniors, and I have a feeling at least one of them will try to make a run to the NFL. They both put up over 1,000 yards on the year.

A little more in depth bowl summary w/ stats, as well as season overview and stats to come tonight.

25. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Man, we worked on your safety blitz all week in practice..........

I think its funny Helu was injured for you, I had him for 2 seasons in Victory Road and he had season-ending injuries in both.