Season 1 - Conference Races

Discussion in 'After Midnight' started by Dru50, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Coming into the home stretch, there are some interesting races for the Pac 12 and Big 12 divisions still. Let's take a look:

Big 12 North - At first glance this looks to be a one horse race, as @Wyrmreaver is sitting pretty at 7-1 compared to the next guy in line, @SatansAngel1104 who is at 5-3 overall. But as the geriatric on ESPN would say, "not so fast my friend...". Neal's season finishes up with a head to head vs Oklahoma St and then a game with FNG @Ken Welsch. The Cowboys only have one loss, and a miracle finish could still get them a birth in the conference title game.

Big 12 South - Here we have TCU with one conference loss and Texas with 2 losses in conference. However, TCU's one loss came TO the Longhorns, and the Horned Frogs have to play conference power Baylor still. Any slip up could cost Ken a shot at a year 1 conference title. To make things more interesting, Texas and Oklahoma St match up still this year, with both teams going into the game with a "must win" mindset.

Predicted Big 12 Winner - My prediction is that ultimately we see a matchup of spread option cheese in the title game between Baylor and TCU, with the sharp cheddar of the 3-3-3-5 being the difference maker for the Bears.

Pac 12 North - This race is still in flux, with Stanford having a punchers chance to overtake the favored Huskies. @Cheez has a game left with @whygodwhy1111, but will need to make sure he wins on the road vs USC to ensure his bid in the title game. Oregon and @bringbackjimmy is likely out of the race with an early season loss to Washington.

Pact 12 South - Now this race is really intriguing, and not just because it's closest to my heart. USC sits undefeated and #4 in the land with 3 games to play. Unfortunately, those 3 games are a user gauntlet that includes Stanford and division rivals @Jayrah and @recchem2000. If USC loses out and either of those two teams wins out, then Cal or UCLA could still win the South.

Predicted Pac 12 Winner - I don't like to pick myself to win, as everyone knows, but the odds are definitely favoring the Trojans to at least get into the title game. In the North I think WGW has Josh shaking in his booties, and that we'll see a rematch of the USC-Washington battle that was a barn-burner early in the year. Here's where I DON'T pick me to win though, and I pick the Huskies to take the conference crown.

Who do you guys have winning these conferences?

2. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Spoiled children vs shaggy dogs for the Pack crown.... Could have NC implications for both teams. I see a more practiced WGW having the edge.

I think the horned cows will make it out of the south for an all Texas big 12 title game. Mexi is tough for me, we have played a number of close games and he has beaten me a few times, so I think that goes either way.

3. whygodwhy1111

whygodwhy1111 Walk On

@Dru50 good stuff, I almost hate to point this out. I already played stanford, UCLA is the only user on my schedule

4. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Well that game should be a gimme :)

5. Dru50

Dang, if that's the only mistake I made trying to do this off the wire I'll be shocked. ;)

6. Dru50

Well, week 11 sure was interesting. The Pac 12 North and Big 12 South races basically got decided with losses by Stanford (to Oregon) and Texas (to SMU in a shocker). Looks like whygodwhy1111 and Ken Welsch just need to not completely shit the bed and they are in the conference title games.

7. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

I need you to beat recchem2000 so that we can take the #2 spot in the South. With such a young team this year, #2 would be absolutely acceptable.