Season 1 Discussion and Scores/Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by makinpropel, Jul 14, 2011.

1. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

We can discuss the 1st season of the dynasty here.

Very hard to get wins, people are going to bring it every week. I don't think we will see 6 undefeated teams in this release. CPU teams will be much more relevant.

2. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

Was excited, until I saw my season and dynasty opener, #4 LSU...we'll see how that works out for the Wahoos :(. Going to play Luck and the Cardinal, too, so 1-2 going into conference play is likely o_O

Noticed that people are in dogfights for their season openers, with some CPUs taking victories. I like it :D

3. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

East Carolina just given me a loss. Well, this is gonna be a very frustrating season.

4. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah, I tried to give everyone an easier first game but some people had terrible strength of schedules (Abom and Uncle Gamer) so I had to give them tough games to bump up their schedule.

5. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I'm hoping we don't all go 4-8. haha. All games are going to be very, very exciting, yet very frustrating.

6. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

CU - 27
    CSU - 21

Colorado came into the bitter rivalry somehow as underdogs in Coach Makinpropel's first game as a Buffalo. They did not start very well either, as CSU took the very first kickoff of the day back to the house. Colorado then bounced back with 2 touchdowns to end the half with the Buffalo's in the lead 14-7. Riding on the back of Senior RB Rodney Stewart, Colorado then scored a touchdown and a field goal to seemingly lock up the game with the lead 24-7. CSU added two touchdowns but CU countered with a field goal to finish the game 27-21 in favor of the team from Boulder.

CU Stats:
    Tyler Hansen 9/15 168yds 2 TDs 1 Int
    Rodney Stewart 30 Car 157 yds
    Ryan Deehan 4 Catches 38 yards

7. moneyliesey

moneyliesey Walk On

Clem- 31
    ECU- 38

The East Carolina fans were fairly quiet before kickoff, but after a huge return and a touchdown from the underdog ECU and a score in 19 seconds, the crowd started getting louder, and Clemson never seemed to find a way to quiet them back down. The game was very back and forth, and ended with a 47 yard touchdown pass with 00:57 left on the clock to put ECU up by a touchdown, and which didn't leave the Tigers with enough time to find one more score.

Clem stats:
    T. Boyd 15/38 246 yards 2 TDs 1 int
    A. Ellington 14 Car 69 yards
    A. Ellington 6 Rec 106 yards

8. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Michael Woodward could you change this to Season 1 Discussion and Scores or Season 1 Discussion and Summaries and sticky it, just in case people want to post their summaries here as well? Thanks

9. pnc

pnc Walk On

picks need to be turned way down. this is insane. the corners are still running my routes better than my wr.

10. pnc

pnc Walk On

Louisville 28
    Kentucky 21 o.t.

Louisville built a 21-7 3rd quarter lead on the strength of 4 Newton picks. The Wildcats refused to give up though, as they shut down the Cardinals offense the rest of regulation and added two tds to send the game to overtime. Both tds came in the 4th qtr. one with 4 minutes left and the last with 12 seconds left. In overtime the Wildcats won the flip and elected defense. two plays later and the Cardinals lead 28-21. With the Wildcats running game struggling they were forced to pass. 3 straight passes were knocked down and the cardinals had a hugh first win. What made it worse for the Wildcats was it is a rival loss.

QB Newton 17/36 295 2/4
    HB Allen 16/34 2.1 avg.
    WR E. Allen 2/10 1td
    WR M. Roark 1/56 1td

LE C. Ukwu 4 tackles 1 sack
    DT M. Crawford 3 tackels 1 sack

11. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Clemson beat me in overtime after a missed FG for the win. I'll get a summary up by the end of the night.

12. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

Illinois: 31
    NIU: 27

The Illini really survived a scare from the Huskies after falling behind 17-0. QB Nathan Scheelhaase went 39/20 for 330 yards and 2 tds and 2 ints. RB Jason Ford added 101 yards and a TD. WR Darius Millines led the way with 7 receptions for 170 yards and a td.

13. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

It's going to take a bit to get used to playing offense on this years game (way harder), defense is ramped up but I love it.
    *My first game Against #18 Arkansas (on the road, thanx alpha) started out horribly. Played the first 2 1/2 quarters like ass and found myself down 28-7 before halftime. busted my butt behind My Halfback Ray Graham to get back to 28-24 before trading scores and ending with a 38-32 loss.
    I gotta say though this was one of the funnest CPU games I have ever played. I like how it feels like you actually have to work for what you get.

14. derek

derek Walk On

Couldn't agree more Erik. The secondaries are tough. And the LBs are hard to throw over. I guess its time to go back to the bread and butter...run...run...run.

15. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

it actually seems like you can wear down defenses. I saw against Arkansas the more I ran the easier it got. I like that. but it's hard at first and you gotta stick with it or else you go know where :)

16. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

[​IMG]VS. [​IMG]

Clemson - 38
    Colorado - 31

The Buffaloes from Boulder came into Death Valley hoping to start the season 2-0 and keep the momentum riding into their highly anticiated game against the Spartans of Michigan State. All signs led to that early on, but things did not exactly end up that way.

The first quarter was very dull for the Clemson fans, with only Colorado scoring a field goal to break the even tie. Clemson countered with back-to-back field goals to take a 6-3 lead. After driving down to the 40 yard line, Tyler Hansen layed a beautiful ball over the head of the Clemson cornerback who looked lost, and the Safety who was out of position. Colorado converted on the XP to take a 10-6 lead.

With time running down in the 2nd quarter, Clemson tried to rally to take the lead into half. Colorado would get the ball after half, so they needed some momentum. Things stalled though at the Colorado 45 yard line. Rather than staying safe and punting the ball, Tajh Boyd threw one of his 6 interceptions which was then taken back to the house by Arthur Jaffee. 17-6 going into the half in favor of the Buffaloes.

Colorado came out of the half looking to keep the pedal to the medal, and tried to go over the top to Clemons again, but to the away team's dismay, was intercepted and returned to the Colorado side of the 50. Coach Makinpropel said of the play "Hansen read blitz and audibled to a quck fade route. Clemons didn't go up for it and the rest is history." Clemson quickly scored to make it 17-14 after the converted 2Pt conversion. Clemson went onto dominate the 3rd quarter scoring 18 points, with Andre Ellington capping off the quarter with a touchdown from 1 yd out to make the score 24-17.

Colorado then threw yet another interception, and it looked as if all hope was drained from the Colorado side. Douglas Rippy had other thoughts though, as he stepped in front of Boyd's ball, and took the pass back to the 4 yard line, where Rodney Stewart would punch it in from there. And it was all tied up.

Fast forward to 2 minutes left in the game, with Clemson driving, Boyd made yet another throwing error to turn the ball over, putting Colorado in prime position to make the game winning TD/FG. After driving down to the 16, Justin Castor lined up from the right hash to take the game winner. Clemson coach Moneyliesey iced Castor, causing him to overthink, and miss the game winner wide right. They were going to OT in Death Valley.

Colorado took the field to play offense first in the 1st OT. They rode the legs of Rodney Stewart all the way to then endzone, starting the overtime periord perfectly for the Buffaloes. Clemson countered though with Ellington running to the 1 yard line, and FB Chad Diehl scoring his 2nd TD from that distance. They played on.

Clemson scored in only 4 plays to put the pressure on Colorado to score in 2nd OT. After being stuffed on 1st down, and sacked on 2nd down, Tyler Hansen was rushed out of the pocket, only to have to have the ball be thrown away, and have the Buffaloes be faced with a 4th and 19 to end the game. Hansen dropped back, saw no one open, and threw up a prayer, only to be intercepted by Clemson to end the game. 38-31 in favor of the Tigers from Clemson.

Coach Makinpropel said of the game "We can't have this kind of showing on offensse. Their D totally controlled us, and we had far too many turnovers. We had better shape up or else the Spartans, my prior team, will embarass us this next week."

Colorado Stats:
    Tyler Hansen 7/21 127 yards, 1TD 6ints (Ouch)
    Rodney Stewart 19 Car, 47 Yds, 2 TDs
    Tony Clemons 2 Catches, 47 yds 1 TD
    Jon Major, 6 Tackles, 1 Sack, 2 INTs

Clemson Stats:
    Tajh Boyd 11/28 138 yds 1 TD 6INTs
    Andre Ellington: 20 Car 124 yards, 1 TD
    Dwayne Allen: 4 Catches, 58 yards 1TD
    Rashard Hall 2 tackles, 3 INTs

Great game moneyliesey , and I'm looking forward to playing you again soon.

17. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

My bold prediction for the dynasty is that CamInMyMind1350 wins at least 2 National Championships. Virginia matches that, and then Kansas finally will hit their stride around year 5 and start dominating again.

18. derek

derek Walk On

I am still struggling to get this figured out. It almost seems a little silly at times. My last game My first 3 passes were dropped. I mean passes that hit guys in the chest/head weren't even bobbled. They just hit the player and fell to the ground. And this is with the adjustment set to conservative. Im having a lot of trouble passing in general. Very little time to throw against Mizzou? C,mon. And whats even funnier is my bs are dropping picks too. The cpu skys for picks, one handed sometimes, and I drop passes that hit my guys in the chest? It also seems like the dbs move abnormally fast to jump a route. I like a challenge but there is a fine like between challenging and unwinnable.
    Ok Ive vented. :) Back to it. I think I started last years game with the same frustration then figured it all out and got my timing down in the pass game. I guess Ill have to try and do the same this year!

Is anyone else still having trouble with dropped passes/ints and having little time to throw even against subpar teams?

19. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

I think that is my main gripe about this game. I can't throw the ball. I set my catching to conservative, defensive back play to aggressive (catch more balls). That seems to help, but I am still having trouble. Offensive lineman are going to be even more important this game, because I, like you, cannot sit back in the pocket for more than 2.5 seconds before I'm knocked to the ground.

20. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Pitt 25
    Ms. State 22

Ms State will be returning to Starkville this week still wondering what happened. The Bulldogs thought this game was in the bag when they scored to take a 5 point lead with less than a minute left to go with Pitt. First play from scrimage after the pursuing kickoff Pitt's QB throws a bomb down the right sideline where disaster struck for the Bulldogs. While CB Banks went for the pic he tiped the ball which then bounced off his back into the hands of a Pitt receiver. Pitt was then able to score and take a 3 point lead with 5 seconds left on the clock.

It was a well coached and played game from Uncle Gamer who played with class all the way. Ms State was just unable to overcome 3 turnovers to Pitts none. Stats are being a pain right now and I dont have alot of time.... sorry.

21. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

I definately got a bite from the luck bug at the end there. Great game by Miss State as they out gained me by almost double. Not sure I deserved that win.

22. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

You by all means deserved the win. It was a heartbreaker for me but you played great bend but dont break D and it played out in the end. Also you took care of the ball with 0 turnovers. Smart football and it won out in the end. Great game and maybe I will get another shot at you next season or in a bowl game if I make it to a bowl game.

23. Erik the Red

Erik the Red Walk On

I have no doubts of you getting atleast a bowl. you had great offensive balance. the only advice is don't go to the middle slants/posts too much. But you have a lot of skill on offense.

24. makinpropel

makinpropel Go Big Red!

Colorado holds their ground at home 25-6 against their coach's old team, Michigan State. Will have a recap up by the end of the night.

25. CamInMyMind1350

CamInMyMind1350 Walk On

Well, looks like somebody took advantage of getting no love in the user game winner votes. Can't wait to read the summary.