**Season 1 Discussion**

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HarkTheSound, Aug 15, 2011.

1. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

This thread will be the home of everything that takes place in season 1.

I'll start it off by mentioning a few storylines that have recently developed in the land of ShakeNBake

* Recruits despise UNC. Not a single person even has me in their top 10 until recruit #128, and I only have like 3 guys who have me listed as #1, and those are all scrubby 2 stars.

* Title of most creative head coach name goes to PRUDENT's Adam Sandler. Worst name is given to Vannyman's Mo Zurry (His team is the Missouri Tigers....really man? lol.) Lastly, the most boring and blatantly least creative name was none other than OldC's Al Golden. Come on Chris, we know you're old and unimaginative, but that is just ridiculous.

* Whoever gets the #1 overall recruit, I hate you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Come on, Vannyman. Mo Zurry is just AWFUL. I mean, come on. That's horrible. Just saying.

YoungC: Really? Al Golden? You're creating a coach instead of replacing for a reason...

3. Connor

Connor Walk On

Haha I thought it was funny. Oh well I guess is this just a bad start to what is probably going to be a bad season.

4. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Haha I like Mo Zurry. My personal favorite is Lloyd Schembechler

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ghost

Ghost Before the rollieee!

hey guys im interested in joinin your dynasty itz looks real promisin im a active dude and willl get my games in

Name:Hakeem Abdul
    Gamertag/PSN (please state whether its PS or XBOX):Xbox and Gho5t9
    AIM/YIM/Skype/ICQ:
    Time Zone:Eastern
    General Availability for User vs User games:Mainly Weekends
    Favorite Teams:Texas Florida North Carolina
    How did you hear about Tradition Football: so a youtube video (JMS)

1. Have you ever played in any online leagues? What kind (NCAA, Madden, Forza, NBA, etc)? Where?

NCAA- 2starjdp legit league Madden- yes nuttin serious tho Nba- yes the USBA and NSBA league legit sim leagues

2. How long have you been playing video games? Since 6th grade How long have you been playing online? Since 7th grade

3. What type of player would you say you are? Um fun player I take losses like a man don’t quit out wen im losin

4. Our community consists of a more mature bunch and the average age is somewhere around 28-30 years old. How do you feel about any differences or similarities between our population and your age? Itz cool im used to talking to older dudes on xbox they actually funny and cool to me

5. Have you read the rules and general gameplay guidelines? Any questions or concerns? Yes I did and nope I think they are perfectly fair

6. Please tell us a little about yourself. We want to get to know you and hope that you will be around for a long time.
    love sports games play football senior in high school
    7. Fitting into the community is vital to the experience here at TSO. How do you see yourself fitting into our community?

Great cause im mature and not ignorant

8. What do you hope to get out of being a member at TSO?

Having fun play my favorite games with other people and making new freinds

9. Situation: You are participating in a league game when your opponent clearly breaks the league or site rules. What do you do? How do you handle the situation? I would continue the game then report the proof to the commish after the game

10. Have you checked out the different leagues here at TSO? Which leagues (if any) are you interested in? What is your preferred league setup? I have taken a great interest in the NCAA football 12 dynasties called – Legends of Saturday, REAL MEN OF GENIOUS, and Coast to Coast R3AL M3N of G3NIUS

hey guys im interested in joinin your dynasty itz looks real promisin im a active dude and willl get my games in

6. YoungC_804

YoungC_804 Walk On

You all can kiss my ass lol...damnit im just happy that Randy Shannon isnt the coach anymore so let me enjoy it lol

• Like Like x 1
  7. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

We're full at the moment Gho5t, but thanks for expressing interest.

8. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Have fun with the investigation YungC!

9. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

10. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

Except for Michigan

11. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Well. When you blow for 3 years, that happens.

12. footballfan952

footballfan952 Walk On

13. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I'm a Michigan fan, man. Just the truth. Gotta accept it.

14. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

A few notes for everyone now that the dynasty is finally under way.

-- Do NOT save the dynasty file when you download it, I think there is a correlation there between saving the file and the "Transfer Failed: Dynasty Server is Unavailable" pop-up that appears after people complete their games. In a test dynasty I haven't had that issue once I stopped saving the file to my harddrive. It happened to me twice after saving it, so hopefully that is the solution.

-- Remember, the +3 rule is in effect for recruiting, so if you need your memory refreshed on what that entails, just read this:

Scholarships
    The amount of scholarships that can be offered at any given time will be dictated by the following formula:

A = Number of graduating seniors on your team.
    B = Number of walk-ons on your team, who may be cut after any season when replaced by a recruit.
    C = Three additional scholarships.
    D = 70 - current amount of players currently on the roster.

A + B + C + D = total number of available scholarships.

Note: Committed players count against your scholarship limit.

-- ABSOLUTELY NO USING FOUR VERTICALS at ANY point in ANY game. This play is straight up cheese, the CPU has no idea how to defend this properly. We trust everyone here, but do not abuse that trust and try to get away with using that play.

If there's any other notes you would like to add Tyler, feel free.

15. Connor

Connor Walk On

WHAT?! I'm seriously going to lose every game now. Damn.

16. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

LOL. I think you'll fit in this group nicely.

17. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Only note I really have is that everybody reread over the League Description thread. Everything that is needed to be known is in that post.

And I spend a couple of hours doing it, so I want my work to be read. :)

Also, I will be making a recruiting thread shortly. As shown before, I would like everyone to make a Google Spreadsheet and make a post with your spreadsheet in it. Use my example as a base, or just copy it and make it your team colors.

18. Connor

Connor Walk On

I've been told this in my other two leagues too. Thanks.

Question. I really do love that play, for obvious reasons. Is it still unacceptable to use it in 3rd and long situations? I really don't know any other plays that are good in those situations and that's the only time I use it anyways. If not, then I'll make adjustments.

19. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    It's almost always a guaranteed first down. There's other plays with deep routes but aren't money every time.

20. Connor

Connor Walk On

Fair enough.

21. Connor

Connor Walk On

So there's this kid on Missouri named Wes Leftwich. He will be a freshman. He went to my school last year. I grew up with him as a friend. Really weird seeing their actual names on the game. A year or so ago, Wes broke Percy Harvin's 40 record at one of the combines. He ran a 4.3 40 and had a SPARQ rating of 126. Guess what I did with him? Redshirt. :)

22. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Anyone know "PAT STAT 22", if not some random joined as FSU and did all his recruiting and redshirting. If he is a random he just wasted a chunk of time lol!

23. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Nope. Randomly joined. EA REALLY screwed it up this year by making it so a dynasty can't be private and allow anything to be seen on the OD website, or editing/sharing videos/news stories. I'm gonna have to make it private...

24. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

I thought you were joking when you said that, lol. I guess that actually wasn't sarcasm! But yeah, there are plenty of other deep route plays out there to use to get first downs. Four verticals is just a cheesy, almost unguardable play thatis being banned with good reason.

25. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Password is now TSO.