Season 1, End of Bowl Season - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by vatechhokie01, Aug 2, 2012.

1. vatechhokie01

vatechhokie01 Anglican Priest and Beer-snob

We have advanced to End of Bowl Week (Weave and I taking sims in which I pray we both get killed).

Before we advance to Off-Season:
    -please write down and record your season stats, your all-americans, your record, bowl game, etc.
    -please update your Team Pages

We will not be advancing until everyone does all of this. I'm going sailing (vacation all week!).

Be back later.

2. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Wait where are you going? Come back we are done already and ready to advance!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Luke

Luke Walk On

Booooo man I was ready for off-season

4. Luke

Luke Walk On

U
    Seriously come on

5. vatechhokie01

if you drag ass and don't even attempt your Team Page, you will be put on auto-pilot until you complete all this task. If you have issues with this, please refer to THIS

6. vatechhokie01

Crazy: job status' take huge twist. I randomly got a 7 or 8 green arrow boost for making bowl game. It says I beat my rivals. Bulldog, Pro, and Plague in danger of getting fired. Ah oh.

7. vatechhokie01

While you impatient children are waiting, someone compile all the All-Americans and awards and schedules and bowls, etc.

Other weird: still says Weave and I bowls are yet to be played, even though its the End of Bowl Season and we can't play them. Guess they'll sim on the advance to off-season.

8. vatechhokie01

Most Team Pages looking good, not all. And please, for the love of all that is holy, look at your page. If I can't read your user/user records: have one, make sure I can read it, etc.

9. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Taking UMass to a .500 season on its first season in the bigs and I could get fired?

Unbelievable!

10. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Added my AA on my team page for future reference. Done and looking great!

11. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

That's what happens when you get greedy for more rushing yards :D

12. Luke

Luke Walk On

Dude my team page is ballin. Where do we put our record and user vs user record though?

13. vatechhokie01

And as a bit of a serious note: everyone chill. Most of us do have jobs families and responsibilities. We have moved lightning fast the last few days. Breathe.

we WILL. Compile a good league history this year as its worth it.

And stop the grief over rushing. You idiots do realize I have my entire cousins family in my tiny house visiting from Japan. unreal how much time I've already had to neglect the, to do this crap! Lol.

Chill.

14. vatechhokie01

I refuse to answer this crap. Look around.

15. Luke

Luke Walk On

Geeze calm down man. Sorry I'm eager to move along. I'll just shutup.

16. Goose

Goose Walk On

Do you want every single stat written down, or is the final stats on our team page ok? I seriously have no idea what you want me to do before we move to the offseason. lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. vatechhokie01

Lol... Just schedule, awards, records and recruits

Stats is for fun and do whatever. Everyone look at the League career page and u can get idea what I need.

18. vatechhokie01

I am calm. Here is what is frustrating:

I/we put an inordinate amount of time (this is an understatement) in making this league happen: content, depth, setup, managing, etc. I ask everyone to do a couple of small things to add to the league. Everyone signs a page saying they will do that. I have the utmost grace with never making anyone actually do what they themselves signed up to do (and in fact don't do most of it). Then in the end, when it benefits them, they still don't take the initiative to help the league out. Does this make sense?

Luke, this is not just you. and ftr, I am in no way mad. But it is frustrating. Just asking everyone to help the league out, keep their word, and do some small things... which includes taking initiative that should have been undertaken weeks ago.

It's a game. But managing 11 idiots (me being one of them) is ions harder than you realize. Help me out. Please.

All of you.

I love you all. I have to go sailing (I know... brutal) with my cousins all day. I can't wait to advance myself!

P.S. Plague is getting beyond hosed!

• Like Like x 1
  19. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

For all-conference, american selections, I create a seperate tab in my team page that lists those selections by the year.

20. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

BREAKING NEWS--TEXAS TECH SET TO FIRE TOMMY TUBERVILLE

After only 2 years, the Tommy Tuberville experiment is over in Lubbock. The Red Raiders went 4-8 on the season.

Rumors are that Texas Tech will interview Stanford OC Pep Hamilton and Clemson OC Chad Morris. FIU's Mario Cristobal may also get a chance here.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Pro

Pro Walk On

You know some of us actually have real jobs.

22. krbonn76

krbonn76 Walk On

Nope only you...since you are the only team page not done :D

23. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

UMASS EXPECTING TO RETAIN SCOTT HENRY

This one is changing by the minute, but our sources are now saying that the University of Massachusetts WILL extend Henry. There has been alot of speculation in recent days about Henry and his job security. Henry had by all accounts a fantastic year as the Minutemen won 6 games in their first FBS season. This should have been enough to name a street on campus after Henry.

This is where it gets complicated. UMass fell apart down the stretch losing 4 straight MAC games, 2 by blowout margins. Still, there is no reason to raise any red flags. UMass simply didn't have the bodies to keep up and they were worn out down the stretch. In their final game of the season, UMass had the CMU game all wrapped up. The win would have guaranteed them of a bowl game and their would be no discussion of firing Henry. Instead of taking a knee, UMass ran a play and fumbled the ball. CMU would score the winning TD with 7 seconds left on the clock. And with that, the Minutemen's season was over.

After the game, our sources learned that Henry duct taped JR QB Kellen Pagel to his office door and left him there for a few hours after the game. Apparently, Henry called for Pagel to take a knee, but Pagel ran a play instead which led to the fumble. Henry and Pagel have apparently not spoken since then.

Some members of the board feel that the this story has been exaggerated a bit and do not see this as a reason to let the coach go.

If Henry returns, what will Pagel do?

• Like Like x 4
  24. ThePlague0208

ThePlague0208 Walk On

Lol awesome.

I forgot to take him down. I wonder if he is still duct taped?

25. AndyVanSlyke

AndyVanSlyke Walk On

CHARLIE WEIS EATS HIS WAY OUT OF A JOB

Kansas University will fire Charlie Weis. The Jayhawks were 3-9 on the year and only 1-7 in the Big 12. Apparently Weis would not talk to the team during halftime to make adjustments because that was what an unnamed player referred to as his "snack time." The player went on to describe Weis' halftime ritual of eating a large pizza and a bucket of chicken in his office with the doors closed while the team sat in horror and disbelief. Weis was overheard to say that. "It worked for Friedgen at Maryland for so long, I thought I'd give it a try."

Expect the Jayhawks to go with a less grotesquely fat human being for their next head coach.

• Like Like x 4