Season 1 - ESPN Recruiting Nation

Discussion in 'Southern Fried Dynasty' started by PIG BOMB, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

ESPN Recruiting Nation Week 3 - Southern Fried Dynasty

[​IMG]

The Big Battle in Ohio
    The #3 rated player in Ohio is a 6'8" 319lb tackle that everyone in the Southern Fried wants!
    Bowling Green leads Ohio and Toledo in the quest for Maurice Leak's signature.
    This 4 star player is said to have amazing athletic ability.

Montana Heats Up!
    Southern Fried coaches are "all-in" for the #1, #2, and #3 recruits from this state.
    Western Michigan looks to have the best shot at signing 3 star rated ROLB Daniel Branch.
    Wyoming and Idaho aren't going to give this kid up easily. Speed and block shedding make this LB dangerous.

Arizona Kid Loves to Hula
    Four star SS Terrance Carpenter is ready to sign for Hawaii. This kid is a hard hitting monster with speed, stamina, press cover ability, and outstanding zone coverage.

Surf's Up!
    San Jose State and Utah State recruiters have been busy out in Hawaii.
    Can the steal 3 star LE Chase McMillian or 3 star WR Eric Williams?

Battlegrounds
    Keep your eyes on Massachusetts, Nevada, and North Dakota as these battleground states crank up as the season progresses.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

3. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

tumblr_mbcm91Yvzf1rvn6njo1_500.gif

This is fucking awesome good breakdown. Ian Moss 's game predictions were a really good read too. This is the type of stuff that makes OD's good. Oh fun, how I did sorely miss you.

4. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Very cool. Great writeup!

5. Ian Moss

Ian Moss Walk On

Good stuff PIG " Big Time" will be cranked up for week 4. I am so glad everyone likes what we are doing with the OD.

6. Quattro

Quattro Moonwalking in a field of landmines

Good stuff.

I'm looking forward to having this guy in my 4-2-5 coming off the edge. That speed and acceleration....
    [​IMG]

Blitzing needs some work but his speed and acceleration early on should help counter that.

7. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

The recruits have started to roll in!
    Utah State Bags Four!

Everyone: Make sure you do not go over your scholarship limit - Don't offer too many scholarships you may get a bunch say yes and push you over.

[​IMG]

8. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

You mean all I had to do was go 0-4 and I would have had recruits knocking down my door??? Lol just kidding Ian Moss

9. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

He must be a mommas boy, wants to stay close to home lol. Wouldn't even consider me. Dealbreaker! lol

10. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Awesome write up bro!

11. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Hawaii Bags the First :4stars:!!!!
    Beating out Texas and USC No Less!!

[​IMG]

12. | DedStaar |

| DedStaar | Walk On

muahahahahaha

13. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

14. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

NOobdy wants to commit to my team yet, dammit

15. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Were in the same boat my friend!

16. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Miami University lands its first commitment of the 2014 recruiting class. :3stars:MLB Stanley Caldwell pledged to the Redhawks after the loss the the Illini. Caldwell is an all around good player. His speed an burst are above average for a linebacker and while he does not make many big hits, he is a solid tackler. Caldwell could see action very early for the Redhawks and is a very good get at a position of need.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  17. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

Wyoming gets its first two recruits.

Stephen Johnson
    Quarterback | Scrambler
    [​IMG]

Home El Dorado, KS
    Height 6-5
    Weight
    Not a huge landing as I am in a tight race with the Ohio bobcats for a 75 overall (unscouted) QB​

but its a position of need and my current QB Smith has got one more year in the tank so its time to start grooming for the future.

Then a big time committment that I didnt expect was my first GEM [​IMG] recruited in 14

Derrick Cantrell
    Guard | Run Block
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Home Langdon, ND
    Height 6-4
    Weight 297
    Caliber
    :3stars:

He was showing as a 69 overall but I new just by looking at the kid he was being undervalued. He ended up going up +6 to being a 75 ovr

Things weren't looking good but he unexpectedly committed after his visit during the NC State loss (Couldn't get time to get to my xbox to save my life) and will be the final missing cog to next years line as the left side of tried and true Seniors is graduating leaving us with some shoes to fill

Current seniors on line:

LT - 75 ovr LG- 80 ovr C- 78 ovr LG- 70 ovr RT- 75 ovr
    6'9" 260lb 6'3" 292 6'3 290 6'5 280 6'5 291
    (AKA The Beanpole) Soph Fresh Soph
    ^
    (AKA the back up LG that's better than the RG)

The other open spot not to be occupied by true freshman Cantrell will be a promotion from a deserving freshman from... My home state Wisconsin!! True freshman right tackle Riese.

LT- 69 ovr
    6'7" 305

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Well shit, still didn't get anybody. wtf

19. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Thank u Toledo and Miami University! Fml

• Like Like x 1
  20. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

TOLEDO SECURES 5

A constant theme in Toledo early recruit commitments, shop local as they land 5 recruits from Ohio.

CB Doug Paris 5'11 169 OH :3stars:Very talented underrated CB from Ohio. Toledo was able to pry him away from Kent State and Akron.

WR Cedric Moore 6'1 180 OH :3stars: Blessed with very good straight line speed, good route runner with great run after the catch ability.

MLB Maurice Parks 6'3 246 OH :3stars:Great size, very active/mobile MLB with good coverage skills.

ATH Kyle Fuller 6'2 222 OH :3stars:Very talented athlete with diverse skill set. Will be interesting to see where he ends up as offensive and defensive coaches make their cases for him. My guess...defense. Toledo was able to beat out Bowling Green for his services.

FB Andy Jackson 5'11 241 OH :2stars:Toledo had a need for a FB for next season and Jackson will fit the bill. While he won't be earning the nickname of "action" Jackson, he does have a very good skill set that is a little less glamorous..>BLOCKING. Toledo was able to edge out Bowling Green and Kent State who both offered the road grader scholarships as well.

21. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

how are you guys cheating? i can't even get a shitty kicker to commit. im bout to rage

22. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

lol I know what you mean I couldn't get shit, then all of a sudden one week bam 5 commits.

23. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

I do think they may need to look at Hawaii though to see exactly what they are offering these boys! Maybe it's just the beaches and girls in bikinis. :watching:

24. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Maybe the recruits just felt sorry because I was losing to all the big boys. ;)

Andrew Johnson is a larger corner with good cover skills. He was overlooked by many of the larger programs due to his poor tackling and sub-par approach to run defense. The Redhawks are excited to have Andrew pledge to the 2014 class and feel as though with a little coaching he can become an all conference caliber player.

Perhaps the bell-cow of the 2014 class for the Redhawks is Adam Vogel. Vogel is a big kid that can play some football. The 6'4, 288 center excels at pass and run blocking and is going to be a stud in the coming years. He fills a big position of need and may anchor the offensive line for the next four years in Miami.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  25. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

i only recruit guys that have me in their top 5 to start

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.