Season 1 Game Summaries

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by MartyWebb, Aug 15, 2012.

1. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Post 'em up as we go along fellas!

2. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Will post in the morning along with recruiting. Please don't advance.... Bell ran for 3 TDs and 200 yards (y)

3. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

Arkansas Dominates Washington in Opening Game 55-7

Arkansas played a near perfect game in their home opener against Washington. Led by Heisman hopeful Tyler Wilson, Arkansas scored 55 unanswered points as the Huskies had no answer for balanced Razorback offense. All of Wilson's 4 TDs came in the 2nd quarter with Horton on the receiving end of all the them. One even including a Hail Mary TD pass to end the first half. The only bright spot for Washington was their TE Seferian who had 7 receptions for 111 yards. Arkansas completely dominated this game and even had a Punt return for a TD (my first in NCAA 13!). The Razorbacks were also able to play their entire 2nd team for the whole 4th quarter. A move that will hopefully pay dividends down the road as the graduate 19 seniors after the season.

One of the most glaring stats was the 3rd down conversions. Arkansas was 7/10, while the Huskies were 1/8. Arkansas will travel to #6 Georgia for a top 10 battle for their SEC opener next week.

Screen shot 2012-08-15 at 11.04.27 PM.png

Screen shot 2012-08-15 at 11.05.10 PM.png

Screen shot 2012-08-15 at 11.05.55 PM.png

Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  4. GDip

GDip Walk On

The season got started off on the right foot for the Iowa Hawkeyes after a 28-14 road victory over the Syracuse Orangmen. Iowa couldn’t have asked for a better start as they got the opening kickoff and proceeded downfield on a 12 play scoring drive that was capped off with a 6 yard TD pass from QB James Vandenberg to Don Shumpert.

That opening drive would be the closest the Hawkeyes got to scoring until the fourth quarter. Entering the final period Syracuse held a 14-7 edge but almost immediately lost it. In a game where field position was key, the Hawkeyes were able to start their opening drive of the 4th quarter on Syracuse’s side of the field. Vandenberg promptly led the team down the field again, finding Shumpert for the TD, this time from 12 yards out.

The Orangemen went three and out on the ensuing possession and gave the ball back to Iowa, again on the Orangemens side of the field. This time the Hawkeyes drove down the field where freshman running back Greg Garmon took the ball in from 5 yards to give Iowa the 21-14 lead.

Shumpert got his 3rd TD of the game on a 3rd down pass play, that saw him wide open down the middle of the field when Vandenberg hit him for a 42 yard TD pass. And that is where the game would finish 28-14 in favor of the Hawkeyes.

*This game turned on a key moment in the 4th quarter. With the game tied Vandenberg fumbled the ball and Syracuse DE Marcus Brewster picked up the ball and rumbled 55 yards for the TD. Iowa challenged the fumble, and were awarded the ball, as Vandenberg was ruled down by contact.

Iowa needs to improve in many areas over the course of the season. Namely, pass protection and pass rush. The offensive line embarrassingly gave up 7 sacks. While the majority of those came in the first half of the game, showing a good ability to adjust in-game, they still need to find a way to keep Vandenberg standing upright. On the defensive side, senior Joe Gaglione ended up with 3 huge sacks, but they all came in the fourth quarter with Syracuse in a pass happy offense. Overall, a solid win for the team, but one that provided many areas in which to practice until their next game against Iowa State in week 3.

5. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Interesting you mention the line play. In my other OD we made several changes to the sliders to adjust for an ABNORMAL strong blocking from the CPU line and lack of strength of same from the USER line. I felt in my MSU/A&M game that I couldn't beat one block. My guy got pancaked or bitch slapped to the ground 90% of time. And this man below, does not get beat like that in real life.

[​IMG]

MartyWebb - care to opine?

6. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

28 [​IMG] [​IMG] 10
    Michigan State records first Victory of the season on the back of Bell
    [​IMG]

Michigan State comes into the new season with high expectations. Last year MSU closed out a heart-breaking season with a victory in the Outback Bowl against Georgia. MSU also played in the first inaugural B1G Championship game winning the Legends division. Coach Fmode has turned over the keys to a new QB to lead his team this year and some of the first game jitters showed their face in this game but were not a key concern as the BEAST IN THE BACKFIELD LEVEON BELL took over this game. Put it on paper folks, Heisman candidate!

This game saw 24 points scored in the first quarter alone. MSU took the opening drive down the field and capitalized on a 10 yard run by Bell to go up 7-0 on the Aggies. Texas A&M was able to respond by countering with a FG to make the game 7-3 just three minutes into the game. After forcing MSU to punt on the following possession QB Showers for A&M was able to find the deep ball beating MSU's secondary for paydirt, 68 yard TD pass down the left side.

MSU then put the ball in the stead hands of Bell for most the game. He was able to control possession while piling up 190 yards rushing and 3 touchdowns and 27 yards receiving. The concern for the offense was the 3 INT thrown by Maxwell. Most of these were throws he tried to force. He otherwise was accurate with 184 yards through the air on 14 completions and 1 TD.

The rest of the B1G should be served notice. MSU top ranked defense had 7 sacks and 1 FF. They were after the QB all afternoon long and made for a tough day for the Aggie offense. Other than the long TD throw in the 2nd quarter, The Aggie offense only managed 230 yards to MSU's 400.

Game Ball(s):​
    [​IMG]
    LeVeon Bell
    30 rushes - 195 yds 3 TDs​
    2 catches - 27 yds​
    [​IMG]
    Anthony Rashard White
    3 tckls​
    3 sacks​
    1 FF​

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  7. GDip

GDip Walk On

It's not a problem I've had consistantly enough to worry about it, just one of those annoying games(more like first half). I am more pissed off by all the easy drops by both WR and DB. There are games where I could count 10-15 drops(not swats, but legit drops where the player will be facing the ball with two hands ready to catch and.... doink) Mostly this is by DB's, and obviously we don't want more than 4 INT's in a game, generally. But the games where that shit happens drive me crazy.

8. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Sliders on INT are comparable. I did have some terrible drops but that's more of a result of the players ability. You have to have GREAT hands as a DB to catch everything.

I'm snot sure whether a higher or lower number on the slider signifies whether there's more or less but the run defense slider is different in ATG OD sliders opposed to 1and Ten OD sliders.

9. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

I'd love to see higher INT sliders. I must see at least 5-10 INT drops per game regardless of vs user or CPU. I don't think my guys should catch every INT but some of these throws people make and get away with just kill me lol

10. Kaizer2310

Kaizer2310 Walk On

"Embarassing" was the word used by ASU's coach to describe Arizona St's pitiful first game of the season in its loss to powerhouse Rutgers. Some key injuries late in the first half pushed a mediocre offensive performance into the toilet all second half. The offensive line's woeful effort left ASU with negative total rushing yards after giving up numerous sacks. Kaizer2310 is said to throw the entire offensive playbook out and start from scratch in week 2. It will be tough as ASU plays South Carolina in week 2. It could be a long season . . .

11. TheGreatCV

TheGreatCV Walk On

The Great Escape
    South Carolina scores 31 pts in 4th Quarter for Comeback Victory
    W1 Score.png
    W2 stats.png

And the 2012 season is underway for the South Carolina Gamecocks, who put their fans through hell. The visiting Nebraska Cornhuskers were up 27-7 going into the 4th Quarter. The Gamecocks looked all but done but Steve Spurier had a flash back to his UF days as South Carolina went an all air attack and no huddle to score 31 points in the 4th, and defeating Nebraska by the score of 27-38.

The Nebraska defense punished Junior RB Marcus Lattimore, who was unable to run the ball all game. QB Connor Shaw also struggled in the first 3 quarters throwing 2 picks including an pick 6. Shaw erruped in the 4th quarter throwing TD passes to Lattimore, TE Justice Cunningham, and WR DeAngelo Smith. HB Lattimore was able to add a rushing touchdown late in the game as South Carolina was trying to simply run the clock.

The South Carolina came up big in that 4th quarter. After giving up 27 points through 3 quarters, the South Carolina defense forced 3 turnovers in the 4th quarter, getting 2 picks and an fumble recovery, all in the Nebraska side of the field. The South Carolina got to the Nebraska QB 6 times for sacks. It was one hell of a game

Players of the game
    Conner Shaw.jpg
    South Carolina QB Connor Shaw
    21/36 317 yds 4 TDs and 2 Ints
    Jefferies.jpg
    South Carolina OLB Damario Jeffery
    4 tkls 2 Sacks 1 Int 1 FF

***I was honestly about to throw my controller at the TV and the end of that 3rd Quarter I was so frustrated with this game, but I stayed cool and know that the game usually lets you get back in it if you don't panic. Forcing all those turnovers in the 4th was the game balancing it out. I mean one of the picks i threw was BS, the DT dropped into coverage and picked off a slant... that never happens my QB threw a bullet and the DT jumps 10 ft in the air to pick it off without a bobble? and what is up with the tackling... on my pick six that I threw I had my QB bounce off the QB and not do the tackle motion. I get that a QB probably doesn't have a great tackle rating, but I litter hit the QB and the tackle didn't register with the game... Oh well at least I won

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  12. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Stanford wins season opener vs Utah in a nail biter 20-14

Both the Cardinals and the Utes clearly aren't ready for the 2012-13 season. This game was full of dropped interceptions, terrible throws by both quarterbacks, and many defensive miscues by players from both teams.

The game started with both teams punting the ball a couple times, but then Stanford put together a solid drive but had to settle for a field goal after QB Brett Nottingham nearly threw a pick on 3rd down. Utah answered with a quick drive to start the 2nd quarter that was capped by a 9 yard TD run by HB John White IV to put the Utes up 7-3. The Stanford offense responded with a TD drive of their own, with the touchdown scored by star TE Zach Ertz on an 8 yard throw by Nottingham. With the score at 10-7 both teams headed into halftime and I'm sure both coaches reminded their teams that the team with the least turnovers and mistakes usually wins the game

But the second half was no different than the first. Both teams opened up with ugly drives but mid-third quarter the Utes put together another impressive drive, capped by a 38 yard TD catch and run by TE Kendrick Moeai. With Stanford down yet again, 14-10, the Cardinals were determined to answer Utah with a score of their own. On a 3rd and long Stanford dialed up the perfect play call to take advantage of the Utah blitz---a screen to HB Stepfan Taylor who took the ball 30 yards for the score.

This game entered the 4th quarter in close fashion, 17-14 with Stanford on top. This was quite possibly the ugliest quarter of them all. Stanford QB Brett Nottingham was trying too hard to get the ball to his star TE and nearly threw two interceptions. Luckily for Nottingham, the Utah defense couldn't seem to hold on to his bad 4th quarter passes. It was much the same on the other side. On two separate Utah drives the star Stanford CB Usua Anaman dropped easy pick 6's. Late in the fourth with the game still at 17-14 the Stanford Cardinals were looking to run out the clock or score a touchdown and failed at both falling short on 3rd and goal. Stanford kicked a field goal to bring the game to 20-14 with under 2 minutes remaining in the game. The Utes methodically drove the ball down field, but QB Jordan Wynn made a costly mistake throwing his 2nd pick of the game and this time Stanford star CB Usua Anaman held on to the ball to seal the game.

Player of the game: Utah sophomore WR Dres Anderson who had 6 catches for 107 yards.

GG Asurob. See? I told ya my user games are always close lol >< Let's hope our next one is a little less ugly. We only had 4 total turnovers but it should have been 10+ imo.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

I'll consider it. Create a thread called 'Slider Requests,' and after Season 1, we can compare notes a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Clemsom pays off EA Developers, Auburn escapes with a win

Clemson, SC | CTfromDC August 16, 2012 | CT and his Tigers opened up the season on the road, facing #14 ranked Clemson University, one the ACC's top teams and a team that shares their mascot. Which Tiger would prevail in the South Carolina jungle atmosphere at Memorial Stadium in front of a capacity crowd of 80,000 plus.

[​IMG]
    The game started off descent for the War Eagles. The Defense were keeping Clemson in check, forcing numerous 3 and outs. Out of nowhere, emerges an 18 month old with a white controller that has nice pretty led buttons that light up. This guy presses the wrong one and BAM, NO MORE POWER. Auburn coach CT held back and sparred the rod., and simple banished the the little terrorist to the playpen for the remainder of the evening.​
    Take 2​
    The game was an offensive battle...neither team could stop the other, back and forth, back and forth. Frazier had a hell of a day, and connected on damn near every pass he threw. By far the best performance CT has had out of any QB he has coach. Onterio McCalebb showcased his speed all game, methodically picking up yardage and wearing down the lackluster Clemson D Line. Auburn had a narrow lead of 28-24 at the half. The third quarter would prove to be the War Eagles time to shine. Kiehl Frazier would toss TD passes to put Auburn up by 18 going into the 4th quarter. Hit the cruis control switch right???WRONG!!!! Tahj Boyd had other plans, he and a little computer love from EA Sports - It's In The Game....This BS in the 4th quarter is not in any game that I've ever seen, but that's neither here nor there....Boyd and the Tigers drove the feld quickly and he finally hooked up with Deandre Hopkins for the first of his two 4th quarter TD catches. This one, an 18 yard slant.....42-31 Auburn....Frazier though he through and was ready to sit to let the back-up get some reps, but Coach CT knew that the NCAA God's were furious and were seeking to punish him, so no sub was made. McCaebb got the War Eagles into the redzone, and Frazier would cap the drive with a TD pass to Brandon Fulse, putting the distance back between the two teams...49-31 Auburn. ..Seconds later, Sammy Watkins runs past the prevent defense and scores from 74 yards out. The secondary were astounded as they hadn't given up a big play like that ALLL game. No worries, Frazier calm and collected, showing poise for a Sophomore, drives the Tigers down and caps it with an out route to Jay Prosch for the score. Auburn would go for two as way to say "Fuck You EA" and succeeded. 57-38 Auburn WITH 3:18 LEFT. Game Over Right??? Not quite...Apparently, EA doesn't appreciate you contesting their computer love, and decided to showcase the talents. Clemson would go on to score three consecutive times in three minutes via Hail Mary Streaks, On-side Kicks, an INT, and Juiced up D Lineman who were in Beast Mode....The crowd was in a frenzy as you would expect. Auburn had used all but one of their timeouts on the previous drive once Clemson got to the redzone. With :39 left to go, it seemed over, that the War Eagles would go down in history as having one of the biggest collapses in recent memory, 58-57 Clemson. Frazier had his guys, a will to win, and one timeout left. He made it work. Starting from the 24 yard line, he connected on a 33 yards strike putting Auburn in Clemson territory. He hurried the troops and was able to spike the ball @ the Clemson 41 yard line. Another pass play, this time for a gain of 15 yards. Another spike with :10 seconds left. McCalebb's number was called to put the ball between the hashes, he gained 4 yards setting up a game winning attempt. Coach CT called for time at :03, but failed to realize that Clemson had one timeout remaining. As the Kicking team lined up, Clemson would use their final timeout and ICE Cody Parkey who had missed an 51 yard attempt earlier. This one was for 39 yards, and he banged it through with time expiring....That Shit Cray! (Kanye Voice) 60 - 58 Auburn, but Coach CT had seen enough. He will continue to coach, but the respect level for the collegiate ranks has almost all disappeared. Soon, He will be taking his talents to Green Bay and the NFL where things seem to be a little more real.​
    [​IMG]
    Onterio McCalebb - HB​
    30 carries|156 yards|1 TD rushing - - 6 Receptions|72 yards​
    [​IMG]
    Kiehl Frazier - QB​
    36/48 519 Yards 7 TD, 1 INT​

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  15. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

I feel ur pain, this has got to the MOST unrealistic simulation of football I've ever played. I had a receiver run from left to right an bounce through my linebackers and secondary like he was a pin ball. Tackling needs to be patched ASAP, ruining the game for me really.

16. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

Per the new patch just released -- It has been noticed by a ton of users that LB and DL "spying" the middle of the field have a much better awareness and it has become way more difficult to squeeze throws between/over them as they seem to have "go-go gadget" arms now. I personally threw two picks before I realized what was happening. The defensive players seem to "know" there is a WR crossing behind them and the just sit the route and wait to make a play after the QB throws the ball almost anticipating the play like they have 100 awareness!

17. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

By spying the middle do you just mean the yellow zone or an actual spy? I use a MLB or safety robber zone on a lot of plays and haven't really noticed much from them ><

18. Fmode11

Fmode11 MVP

By spy I mean eyes in the back of their heads!

19. MartyWebb

MartyWebb C.R.E.A.M.

Game1ScoringSummary.jpg
    Game1TeamStats.jpg
    Game1PlayerStats.jpg
    As it was a replay, of course this game was a lot harder than it's predecessor. UCLA's defense played Mizzou quite well, there were only two real powerful drives I was able to put together. Josey proved to be a beast for us, in an attempt to keep balance and the Bruins pressure off. Great win to start the season, needed the win before I try and attempt to get into conference play.​
    WEEK 1
    Final Score
    27-20 Mizzou over UCLA​

20. Jolts57

Jolts57 Walk On

Stanford embarrasses Boise State at their home field 35-3

There won't be any BCS busting from Boise State this year. #18 Stanford shuts down #19 in an early season top 25 matchup.

Stanford's defense came out today and completely shut down Boise State's offense. They allowed a field goal in the first quarter but after that the Stanford defense wouldn't even let BSU cross Stanford's 40-yard line. After last week's mediocre performance vs Utah, Stanford's offense bounced back with a great performance and balance. Stanford sophomore QB Brett Nottingham completed 18/30 passes for 185 yards and 2 TDs. He also rushed the ball 12 times for 50 yards. Nottingham also hit 3 different receivers for touchdowns including a 79-yard strike to WR Drew Terrell. Stanford TE Zach Ertz also caught 2 touchdowns and Stanford HB Stepfan Taylor had 100 yards rushing with a TD.

Stanford has a bye next week but their toughest game of the season in week 4, facing #2 USC led by Matt Barkley. If Nottingham performs like he did today Stanford could pull off the huge upset!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  21. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

[​IMG] 24
    [​IMG] 21

The Huskies escaped Death Valley with the win, despite QB Keith Price throwing 5 picks. The UW defense did just enough to keep their team in the game, turning LSU over 4 times and holding the Tigers' offense to only 200 yards total offense. Price finished the day 21/30 for 226 yards and 2 touchdowns. The Huskies kicked the game winning field goal as time expired, following a 4+ minute drive.

• Like Like x 1
  22. CTfromDC

CTfromDC Where my money?

Auburn destroys Temple in home opener, 41 - 13
    [​IMG]VS[​IMG]
    Auburn, Alabama | CTfromDC August 19, 2012 | Live from Jordan-Hare Stadium for the it's home opener in front of 87,000+ rocking the blue and orange, The Tigers took on the Temple Owls. Already flying high off of their last minute victory in week 1 over Clemson on the road, the War Eagles were determined to not let down the faithful student body. There would be no computer love this week folks. Sensational Sophomore Kiel Frazier performed brilliant surgery on the Owls secondary, slice and dicin his way to 19/24 393 4TD 0 INT day, and completing % 0f 79, QB Rating 271.7. Impression stats to say the least. Frazier would earn player of the game honors for his efforts. He was not the only shining star in this one, Onterio McCalebb had another solid game, rushing 25 times for 116 AND 1 td. McCalebb also added 4 receptions for 50 yards. The Tigers Defense forced numerous 3 and outs and were key to the victory. Whispers of Heisman alerts for Frazier are being heard throughout the campus. Frazier leads the NCAA in in Passing Yards, TD's, and completion percentage (76%). Only time will tell if the War Eagles can keep up this Offensive superiority, but I know one thing, it's damn sure fun to watch. The Tigers are on a bye week next week, then have to travel to Iowa to face Coach GDip in what is sure to to be a thriller.​
    [​IMG]

23. MS8403

MS8403 Walk On

Arkansas Continues to Roll Despite 3 Turnovers
    The Arkansas Razorback will move to 2-0 after a win over #6 Georgia 38-21. Tyler Wilson through for 364 yards and 4TDs, but also through 3 INTs that kept the game much closer than it should've been. The Razorback defense dropped at least 2 INTs while it seemed like Georgia's secondary caught anything they could get their hands on. Arkansas will host Florida next week.​
    *Stats refused to upload to the server.​

24. GDip

GDip Walk On

Nice, I think all the games have been played now.

And, I've been having consistent problems when loading the dynasty stats and replays after exiting the game since the last patch update.

25. Kaizer2310

Kaizer2310 Walk On

Arizona State gets its first win of the season over #11 South Carolina. ASU's defense put forth a stellar performance, limiting S.C. to under 150 yards of offense and 2 turnovers.

• Like Like x 1