Season 1 - General Discussion

Discussion in 'Southern Fried Dynasty' started by PIG BOMB, Jul 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thoughts and ideas for the upcoming season launch!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  2. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Good luck to everyone this season.
    The schedules aren't easy and neither are the settings.

Be sure to sign the coach agreement before playing.

3. Flo308

Flo308 "Ocean Front Property"

Thanks for the work and let's have some fun fellas.

4. GDip

GDip Walk On

I'm curious where you got the sliders. They don't look like they are close to anything other leagues are running with, and when i saw the 70-35 score I took a peak and seem like they could def. be made more difficult. not a complaint, just looking for as challenging a league as we can get, cuz CPU games are by nature easy as...you know what

5. Flo308

Well I just got worked by the UTSA, I would hate to face a ranked team.

6. GDip

GDip Walk On

lost by a FG, don't get too down. First game means you'll only get better from here!

7. BakerWildcat7

BakerWildcat7 Walk On

Ugghh I need to get to my xbox lol!

8. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

9. GrimReeferXXIV

GrimReeferXXIV Walk On

Its Heisman were all going to be taking our lumps... But once you land your big time job youll appreciate the difficulty otherwise it starts to get too easy at the end

10. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

you guys keep checking the rules for updates - i've been adding things and making some things more clear

if there is anything major I'll make a big announcement

11. Flo308

Big time job!!! The way I played against UTSA, I will be lucky if I get a job selling soda and hot dogs at the game.

• Like Like x 1
  12. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

yeah no doubt sorry but cpu just freaking cheats lol. Just lost to ULM. It was a joke lol. so many drops on O and D that would have won game for me. Get a big run fumble..get a good KR fumble. Gotta love how every damn team in the nation now runs no huddle on this game too even after plays that go out of bounds lol. This combined with a leftie QB and a playbook I know nothing about...oh yeah gonna be a long season lol.

13. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

you just told the story of my NCAA life - nothing worse than the CPU pulling out an obvious cheat while we are required to never cheese! :banghead:

just remember it's not the winning that will gain you respect here in this league and at TSO, but how you handle the losses and the challenges that this games throws at us and how you keep pluggin away even when you don't get any breaks - guys that can still have fun with it get the most out of the TSO experience

hell i was just researching killer all-american sliders the other day because the CPU was a cheating whore in my test dynasty games - for now i plan on sticking it out and fucking that whore every chance i get (y)

• Like Like x 1
  14. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

lol well i wish now I had first off picked a better playbook I had no clue what to pick a buddy said he plays with Vandy so I said ok. EH AND wish my QB wasn't a leftie lol. Yep gonna be a long season for the few fans we have in Toledo :eek:

15. droid43

droid43 Walk On

I have a lefty as well, what's with these MAC schools and lefties?

My first game didn't start off well at all. Three turnovers on the first three drives resulted in a 17-0 deficit that in was never able to overcome. The game played out exactly like I thought it would from that point. I had to abandon the run early on and Marshall took full advantage of it and pinned their ears back.

I'm not sure if its just my line's pass blocking or if there was that much of a disparity between the two teams, but Marshall had 8 sacks. Once I got a feel for the sliders I got in a groove and nearly pulled off the comeback.

16. droid43

droid43 Walk On

It looks as though a good bit of us had trouble with turnovers so far. These sliders definitely provide a good, but fair challenge!

17. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

I don't know about the "fair" part as it seemed all the bad stuff was happening to me and not cpu buy will definitely be challenging lol. Of course I'm not that good so there's that too. lol

18. | DedStaar |

| DedStaar | Walk On

The only turnovers I had were created by me forcing the ball into coverages. Some guys put up 70 points, if we were all in the top 25 in season 1 it wouldn't be a progression league just saying.

19. droid43

droid43 Walk On

Yeah, I can't speak for everyone on the fair part, but all of my turnovers were my fault. My game played out like it most likely would have in real life. I was lucky to only lose by 10 with how Marshall was able to run the ball combined with my early gifts.

• Like Like x 1
  20. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Yeah I did that too luckily getting into a correct coverage somehow during the cpu fast break offense, three times to be exact getting him to throw right into coverage. Only to see my guys drop every single one of them. Two of them would have probly been pick 6. :(

21. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Yeah how someone put up 70 is beyond me. Jesus I wax lucky to put up 14 lol.

22. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

Way to bang out the games vs the CPU in week one boys. Only 3 games left to play this morning.
    We have a shot at a 24 hour advance if these get played today/tonight.

Technically these games are due by Tuesday 10pm eastern.

23. PIG BOMB

PIG BOMB Walk On

me too! i'm a shitty QB sometimes and they suckered me into 4 INTs!!
    luckily we have a really good RB at Ball State to bail us out!

that CPU team ust be really bad and if you get momentum early you can smash teams - in my case i tend to give shit away early and give the CPU momentum

one note on this game - make sure your starters are subbed out if you are up by 28 in the second half - you have to manually do it
    i mentioned this to that team's coach just to confirm and get us all on the same page - and while it's mentioned in the TSO rules (I gave a link to in our rules) i also added it to ours so its in print

That being said, looking at stats from that game they weren't trying to stat whore or anything- the starting RB only got his first TD in the 4th and one TD was an INT pick 6, i had one of those late in my game as well and in real life the kid is going to take to the house if he has nothing but grass in front of him on those short INTs out in the flats

24. | DedStaar |

| DedStaar | Walk On

All good, when you can't see the stats its easy to speculate.

25. priestmvp

priestmvp FOOTBALL!!!!

Yeah no doubt. Momentum can be a killer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.