Season 1, L.O.R.D. Fixtures: WEEK 8 (Matchday 15 & 16) RESULTS

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by The Richuation, Dec 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Jul 18, 2010
    Posting Match Results

It is the responsibility of the WINNING CLUB or AWAY DRAW to post the results and summaries that immediately follow each match.

The TFL Live Table and Results will be updated every 24 hours. As the league is run manually, this information is crucial to ensure the integrity of the TFL and make things easier for data import into League Republic. Therefore, the below provided format must be duplicated for each posted match result.

Week 3 (Matchday 6)

Villarreal 2 - 1 Everton

39' :goal:Nilmar :assist:Cani
    73' :yellowcard:Marchena
    90' :goal:Rossi :assist:Cani

Man of Match: Nilmar :trophy:

51' :yellowcard:Heitinga
    70' :yellowcard:Coleman
    77' :goal:Cahill :assist:Saha
  2. DaMeffodMan

DaMeffodMan Walk On

Nov 18, 2011
    Valencia - 3 -------- Lille - 0

38' :goal: Soldado (Valencia)
    71' :goal: Soldado (Valencia)
    78' :goal: Soldado (Valencia)

:trophy: - Soldado
    /All Events

Soldado finally got on the scoresheet in a big way for new manager DaMeffodMan as he earned himself a hat trick in this match. Overall, Valencia just punished Lille. They dominated possession (62% to Lille's 38%) and put 10 shots on target as opposed to Lille's 1. When Lille did have the ball, they made careless passes that ended up at the feet of Valencia's players more often than not. At halftime with only a 1-0 lead, Valencia manager DaMeffodMan offered Lille manager Papa Perry some helpful advice. He said, "Possession is 9/10ths of the law." Perry might have felt this was a jab at him because not only did he ignore it and Lille continue to get dominated on the ball by Valencia, but after the match he was reported fumed telling DaMeffodMan, "If you read the forums you would know." We're not quite sure what that even means... what are these forums he speaks of? All we do know is Lille and Papa Perry better bring their A game the next time they play Valencia or more results like these are sure to be in store for them.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Leander Francisco

Leander Francisco Walk On

Sep 20, 2011
    Week Eight

Fiorentina 4
    Lazio 2

A. Gilardino (Fiorentina - 40') :goal:
    H. Kharja (Fiorentina - 48') :goal:
    M. Klose (Lazio - 50') :goal:
    L. Cana (Lazio - 58') :goal:
    S. Jovetic (Fiorentina - 75') :goal:
    A. Gilardino (Fiorentina - 81') :goal:

S. Jovetic (Fiorentina - 2) :assist:
    J. Vargas (Fiorentina - 1) :assist:
    A. Gilardino (Fiorentina - 1) :assist:
    M. Klose (Lazio - 1) :assist:
    Hernanes (Lazio - 1) :assist:

A. Gilardino (Fiorentina) :trophy:
    • Like Like x 1
  4. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Nov 11, 2009
    GG Leander. Wish I could have played you a little better. We really needed at least a draw the way our form has been lately. GL rest of the season.
  5. DaMeffodMan

DaMeffodMan Walk On

Nov 18, 2011
    Napoli - 0 ----- Valencia - 2

:injury: M. Hamsik
    :trophy: M. De Sanctis

:yellowcard: A. Rami
    :goal: 59' Jonas
    :goal: 61' Jonas

Good game, abolishthefed. The game was a lot closer than the final score. We were nil-nil at halftime. Thought this game would go scoreless and was hoping I could hang on for a draw. Got a lucky rebound off a De Sanctis parry that went right to Jonas who knocked it in off the bounce. 2 minutes later I sent a ball up-field to Jonas who had two defenders on him. Somehow he came down with the ball, was able to turn between the defenders, and fired a rocket from a good 5-8 yards out of the box that rifled past De Sanctis. Look forward to our next match, abolishthefed.

Valenica has now reeled off 3 wins and 9 points in a row since their embarrassing loss to Fiorentina. With 2 games this fixture still open against struggling Athletico Madrid (and their manager Gubmntcheez who seems to have fallen off the face of the Earth), Valencia could catapult four spots into 5th place before the week is over with. They stand a stiff test later on this week against PL 1 Red's leader Olympique Lyonnais and their manager XAttackConquerX who is readying his team for the top flight next season.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Mar 27, 2010
    The :yellowcard: was actually your guy DaMeffodMan . Good game. That was a tough match. Your forwards took advantage of my porous D.
  7. DaMeffodMan

DaMeffodMan Walk On

Nov 18, 2011
    Fixed. And Jonas and Soldado are two big forwards with skill. Love 'em.
  8. XAttackConquerX

XAttackConquerX Walk On

Jun 26, 2011
    Lyon 5 - 4 Valencia

:goal: D. Lovren (17) :assist: K. Kallstrom
    :goal: D. Lovren (38) :assist: K. Kallstrom
    :goal: B. Gomis (56)
    :goal: L. Lopez (63)
    :goal: L. Lopez (71) :assist: Y. Gourcuff

:yellowcard: Bruno (36)
    :yellowcard: J. Mathieu (45)
    :goal: Jonas (48) :assist: Soldado
    :goal: Jonas (52)
    :goal: Soldado (59) :assist: P. Piatti
    :goal: P. Piatti (89) :assist: E. Banega

:trophy: L. Lopez (9.50)

Good game. Was not too happy with Valencia's third goal which tied it at 3, I got a goal kick and accidentally tapped A and he stole it and scored easily, not something I would do, but oh well. Wasn't pretty but we got the result.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Leander Francisco

Leander Francisco Walk On

Sep 20, 2011
    Week Eight

Fiorentina 2

A. Gilardino (Fiorentina - 57') :goal:
    S. Jovetic (Fiorentina - 78') :goal:

A. Gilardino (Fiorentina) :assist:
    A. Cerci (Fiorentina) :assist:

G. Buffon (Juventus - 15 Saves) :trophy:

Good game, makinpropel. Buffon was a one man wrecking crew. I kept throwing people forward and got caught on the counter a few times. You had a close call when your shot hit one post and then the other. I was so relieved after I got that first goal. Buffon was frustrating the hell out of me.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. elprez98

elprez98 Walk On

Jan 21, 2011
    Leander Francisco

It seems that no one here can maintain any decorum or civility. For the remainder of the season, PM me your results, and I will post them as they are completed. It really sucks that the league has devolved to this point, but it is what it is.

The scheduling thread will remain open for its singular purpose of scheduling. Any further discussion of this situation by ANYONE in L1 Red will result in an immediate removal from the league.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.