Season 1 Looking Back

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by RyanC, Aug 10, 2011.

1. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

pnc
    Cocky Marine
    clayandlbf
    Raidernation
    eberdeeber
    InfiniteMTX
    C Young
    Magoo
    gwill
    BigKing
    xassassin4lifex

Overall: I thought the Ducks had a very successful season, it didn't end the way we wanted it to, but making it to back to back national championship games should help bring in some recruits. Winning the inaugural Pac-12 championship was great and these kids played their hearts out in the national championship.

Offense: The offense performed no less than expected, LaMichael ran for 2000 yards and 25 TDs and Darron was effecient all season, only throwing 9 INTs to 25 TDs.

Defense: They were surprising early, but faded out near the end of the season, hopefully Cliff and John can be talked into staying for their senior years on what should be a much improved squad.

Offseason Outlook: It will be huge for Darron to stay for his Senior year, however if LaMichael heads pro I will not be talking him out of it, he deserves his shot at the NFL and With Kenjon, Lache, and DeAnthony waiting he will be missed but we have talent in waiting.

2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Lamichael cant go pro can he? I thought he was only a sophomore this year.

3. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

Nope he is a Junior

4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Sweet i hope he leaves.

5. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Florida State

Overall: The Seminoles are still pondering what could have been in 2011. It was a roller coaster season, at times looking like one of the best teams in the nation, other times not so much. In hindsight, if some of the binge drinking was avoided it truly could have been a great year.

Offense: FSU struggled to find it's identity on offense in 2011. As the year progressed the running game became less effective and the passing game put up more yards. The majority of the key skill position players should be back next year which hopefully will translate to more continuity on offense.

Defense: The FSU defense might have set a record this year in opponent injuries. They also excelled at pressuring the quarterback and causing turnovers. I would not want to play this defense next year as it returns the majority of it's starters.

Offseason Outlook: It appears that FSU's recruiting class should more then offset any departures and the only team able to hang a loss on the national champion Gamecocks, look to be evening stronger in 2012. The two biggest questions on this team, 1) Will they be able to find their offensive identity and 2) will coach BigKing's kegerator remain empty.

6. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Anybody live close to Pittsburgh that can drop a keg off for BK? He seems to be a little down lately.

7. C Young

C Young Walk On

University of Southern California

Offense: The Southern Cal offense was highly touted coming into the season and definitely did not disappoint. Standout Junior QB Matt Barkley passed for about (or over depending on how the ea website counts stats before a week advances) 3500 yds and 25 tds. Senior RB Marc Tyler had his season cut short by pnc who blew him up and broke his collarbone, but RS-Fr. DJ Morgan admirably filled in. USC's overpowering WR Corps had a decent amount of success, but honestly Coach BigCudyCud expects 2 or 3 of his WR's to eclipse the 1,000 yd mark next year without a doubt. Coach is also secretly praying at his bedside that Matt Barkley decides to come back to campus for his senior year to resolve unfinished business!

Defense: This is the side of the ball where the Trojans need the most work. Coach BigCudyCud didn't supply his Defensive Coordinator with enough "creative freedom" to utilize the weapons on D - that will change next year. An inexperienced secondary showed their youthful exuberance one play, and their boneheaded tendencies another - discipline will be a huge focus next year for the Trojan defense. While they lose All-American DT Armond Armstead, there are plenty of talented interior lineman to step up and take his place.

Off-season Outlook: Despite their lackluster record, the Trojans currently have the #1 recruiting class in the nation with 2 5-star freshman ready to enter the fold and make some noise. The defense is especially looking to hit the film room to correct mistakes that lead to losses last year. Hopefully QB Matt Barkley and FS T.J. McDonald decide to return and help turn this team into a national title contender.

8. Magoo

Magoo Walk On

Alabama Crimson Tide

This year was a average year in what they thought should have been a chance of playing in the big hoohaaa. But it slipped away as the last second as the field goal by the Gamecocks split the uprights. The outlook is good for the Tide assuming that Richardson, Billingsley and Hightower does not go pro and come back for their senior seasons. If that all happens and with the QB McCarron getting another year under his belt the outlook is pretty hopeful for this upcoming season. The offense is still in need of a little tweaking and needs to get better at keeping the qb upright in passing situations. The defense definately lead the way this season and with most players be only juniors they should be a great group this year. The key losses on defense will be in the secondary where we will lose a dynamite FS and possibly a CB.

Roll Tide!!

9. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

University of Georgia

This year Georgia started out with a big win over #8 Boise State, and after starting 2-2, ended on an 11 game winning streak including a bowl win to top off our season and ending as #9 in the Country before our bowl win. Next year we are going to be returning most of our players and we are looking for a very big year. We did not have as good of a year recruiting as we had hoped for, but it has not been a bad year by any means. This offseason, and next season we are looking forward to big recruits, and maybe having a run at the National Championship next year. We are going to have to be more consistent to do this, but that is our goal for the upcoming season. Our defense is planning on bringing us up to par, and we are not sure yet about our offense. Next season we may be moving away from our pistol style offense, but this offseason the coaches will be talking about it.

10. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

20.jpg

SEASON REVIEW

OVERALL, the South Carolina Gamecocks had an exceptionable year. They were physical on both sides of the ball. They showed their heart. The never quit. They played until the whistle blew. They were eager to learn. They listened to the coaches. They had great team camaraderie. Most of all, they just had fun.

8.jpg

OFFENSE

The offense of our South Carolina Gamecocks was one of the best in school's history. Connor Shaw threw for over 2000 yards, 25 TD's, and had 12 INT's. Kenny Miles rushed over 1300 yards and had 7 TD's. Marcus Lattimore rushed over 850 yards because of injury and still had 5 TD's. Alshon Jeffery had 54 receptions and over 1350 yards receiving. The Gamecocks offense was in the top 10 in the nation and one of the best in the SEC.​

8.jpg

DEFENSE

The defense of South Carolina was in the top 10 in the nation and one of the best in the SEC. They had more sacks this year than any other year in school history. They dominated the whole season. Shaq Wilson led the team in TKL's with 77. Devin Taylor had 21 TFL and led the team in sacks with 13. He was also top 5 in the nation in sacks. True Freshman Jadeveon Clowney had an amazing season capturing 8.5 sacks and 39 TKL's. Devonte Holloman had 7 INT's which led the team.​

8.jpg

SPECIAL TEAMS

Ace Sanders returned the opening kickoff from Penn State's K Beard 102 yards to begin the game and the Gamecocks dominated their newly appointed rival in Penn State and Coach InfiniteMTX. That game was a highly anticipated game in which Coach InfiniteMTX made a statement saying the Gamecocks won the Super Bowl afterwards. Guess What? We pretty much did! Kicker Jay Wooten was perfect on the season making 25 of 25 attempts and a long of 54 yards.​

TOP 5 HIGHLIGHTS OF THE 2011 SEASON

5.)

4.)

3.)

2.)

1.)

20.jpg

11. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

What about Jeffery's last TD in the NC game? The one with Cliff Harris draped all over him? that was his best play of the game

12. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I honestly just threw them up there. That was a good play though. I would say that was number six. jeffery's long reception against you when he high stepped 3 defenders to score a td i think was better. that was #4

13. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

I was definitely WTF on both of those, he is a nightmare to gameplan for. I highlighted him all game and he stuck his middle finger out and went for 175 yards lol

14. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Bahaha I just laughed my ass off at that. Hopefully I'll get him to not leave for the draft this year. I hope he decides to stay.

15. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

Where were the highlights from the FSU game?

16. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Only conference champs may converse with me. You'll have to go through my assistants and leave me a message. ; )

17. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

[​IMG]

18. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On